It's the circle of murder setup!! :D I'll play.

Sign me up as Merryn, a displaced and very confused steel inquisitor who is down on her luck and has somehow gotten swept up in the Sellish Inquisition. She sorely regrets never taking an interest in learning how allomantic metals are mixed safely back when she had the chance.

18 hours ago, Lotus said:

I have to admit I haven’t read Elantris in so long I can’t remember what any of this is, but I’ll sign up!

Oh my God, I forgot that this wordbuilding was from Elantris. Surprising considering how much I loved the book.

Anyways, sign me up as Hinari.

@Elbereth, upon my first read of the rules, I understood that the Cultists hidden among the Korathi were not known to the other Cultists. I reread the rules and now think that's not right, they have access to the Cultist doc but not the Jeskeri doc. Clarification? :P 

I'm going to change my character to AraRaash, or in this case AraRaashe (or just Raashe). Same kandra-Cognitive mixture person but AraRaash(e) will be the dominant personality.

Maybe I can RP with Straw's Shao about having multiple personalities.

Edited by Ashbringer

I've been going back and forth about playing this game, but we timed the LG to start just as this one should finish and I am feeling a little reckless. 

Please sign me up as Kaleno a merchant who sells only the finest in (slightly used) wares.

Hello y'all! Sorry for the delayed start date - I couldn't quite manage to get everything set up in time. I'm working on the writeup and such now, and the game will start in 40 minutes, at 1pm Pacific time. Rollovers will start at 12pm Pacific (ie that's when the cycle will end), and new cycles will go up at 1pm.

So, last chance to sign up! :P

On 7/25/2020 at 7:54 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

@Elbereth, upon my first read of the rules, I understood that the Cultists hidden among the Korathi were not known to the other Cultists. I reread the rules and now think that's not right, they have access to the Cultist doc but not the Jeskeri doc. Clarification? :P 

The Korathi Cultist(s) have the Cultist doc but not the Jeskeri doc. :P Your second read was right.

• Elbereth locked and unpinned this topic

QF46 (Cycle 1): If All Ye Be Faithful

From the writings of Janesh the explorer:

....We've just reached a door which seems to be locked with some sort of magic. One of the others translated the words on it - apparently it says something along the lines of 'I will open, if all ye be faithful'.

So now everyone's arguing about what religion the ancient people who made this followed. And no one will step forward and claim to be anything but Korathi. What a mess.

Me, I think the answer is pretty clear. The only true faith is ours. But I can't say that, they'd turn on me immediately.

We'll just have to do it the old-fashioned way. And our sacrifices will prove our devotion, and once all of them are gone the door will open. Besides, this way I can finally get rid of that old Father Dedan and his irritating nonsense.

~~~

QF46 has begun! PMs are open, and must include me (but not Wilson). Remember that no copy-pasting from one location into any other is allowed. All PMs should be sent, let me know if you didn't get one! Also, please bold all votes, for my sanity.

The cycle will end in 22 hours at 12pm Pacific time. (And future cycles will go up in a more timely fashion, hopefully. :P)

Happy hunting!

Player List
1. @Ashbringer - AraRaashe

2. @Haelbarde 
3. @Kasimir - Kiean
4. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Serenken
5. @TJ Shade - Aanalan
6. @Lord_Silberfarben - Ashen Silberfarben
7. @Young Bard - Reolene
8. @Gears - Kiati
9. @Straw - Shao
10. @Matrim's Dice - Dasehe
11. @xinoehp512
12. @Mist - Tamai
13. @StrikerEZ
14. @The Young Pyromancer - Mancia Young
15. @Lotus - Sun
16. @DrakeMarshall - Merryn
17. @Vapor - Grace
18. @Frozen Mint - Hinari
19. @Sart - Sevat
20. @Illwei - Avanae
21. @Elkanah - Kaleno

Alright!!! Let's go! As a reminder, I will have multiple personalities due to losing a bet with El!! I've made sure that they won't really mess with my reads or actual gameplay though!!!! Since we're Korathi, we want to get rid of the Practitioners!! I think the key to getting the Practitioners will be looking at people who are only suspicious of a certain subset of players, and ignore all others!!! Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Right. Expect me to be a little less active than my usual level in C1 and part of C2 because of IRL stuff. 

First thoughts. Of course our first priority is to lynch a Practitioner, but mislynching a Cultist is NOT bad. They're looking to kill us after all, and they'll prioritise killing us over killing the Practitioners because a. we're larger in number and we win if they kill too many Practitioners and b. they have an in-doc lynch to try and kill Practitioners. 

So lynching a Cultist is not bad just as long as we don't lynch too many of them too often. 

This will be an interesting game. Straw, are your personalities going to repeat, or will there be a new one every post? :P 

7 minutes ago, Straw said:

Alright!!! Let's go! As a reminder, I will have multiple personalities due to losing a bet with El!! I've made sure that they won't really mess with my reads or actual gameplay though!!!! Since we're Korathi, we want to get rid of the Practitioners!! I think the key to getting the Practitioners will be looking at people who are only suspicious of a certain subset of players, and ignore all others!!! Anyone else have thoughts on this?

I understand this, but also think it probably won't be that easy :P. SE never is... though for C1 it's a solid place to start. I mean, the Pracs will only be really suspicious of the people in the Jeskeri doc but will probably throw some Korathi into their in-thread suspect list because a. There are cultists not in the Jeskeri doc and b. To appear more villagery

2 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

First thoughts. Of course our first priority is to lynch a Practitioner, but mislynching a Cultist is NOT bad. They're looking to kill us after all, and they'll prioritize killing us over killing the Practitioners because a. we're larger in number and we win if they kill too many Practitioners and b. they have an in-doc lynch to try and kill Practitioners.

I doubt the cultists will kill too many practitioners to end the game. They know who all of them are :P But in essence, true. 

As for first impression reads on those two posts go, uh, Straw's is interesting because of the !!! but that seems pretty null to me so far. TJ's I have a slight off read of, don't know if that's a Prac or Cult off read, but I'm mostly dismissing it as I've had a gut elim read on TJ (sometimes briefly) the past like 3 games and been wrong every single time :P. And there has only been 2 posts so far. So while it's there it's veeeery subtle.

13 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

This will be an interesting game. Straw, are your personalities going to repeat, or will there be a new one every post? :P 

I understand this, but also think it probably won't be that easy :P. SE never is... though for C1 it's a solid place to start. I mean, the Pracs will only be really suspicious of the people in the Jeskeri doc but will probably throw some Korathi into their in-thread suspect list because a. There are cultists not in the Jeskeri doc and b. To appear more villagery

My personalities will change every cycle randomly!!!! I have eight personalities!

If eliminating TMI from reads was that easy, it would be way harder to catch elims!!! Good point about the Cultists outside of the doc! I do feel like they will primarily focus on people who are in the doc, since it makes things a lot simpler for them! Once they think they're all village in the doc, things get much easier for them, since they can fully open up and trust each other!!!!

EDIT:

I pressed the submit button a bit too early, and forgot to add one other thought! I also got an off vibe from TJ's posts, and will be watching him! It's too early to say really, but I definitely thought that there was something off there!!!

Edited by Straw

Right then. Time to propose my game-breaking strategy.

NOBODY VOTE IN THE THREAD.

I'm a Korathi. The Jeskeri combined make up a sizable percentage of the town, so I doubt any attempts to lynch a Jeskeri Practitioner will work. Meanwhile, the Jeskeri will be lynching themselves at a rapid rate to try and accomplish their win condition. Instead of killing ourselves, we should let the Jeskeri do our work for us.

Any votes will be viewed as Jeskeri aggression, and I will vote on the first person who votes, for as long as they continue to vote.

Merryn stirred, throwing off the covers of her bedroll and scrunching them up in the corner of her tent.

It was warm, so the sun was probably up. She adjusted her blindfold to make sure it covered her eye sockets before leaving the tent. People were abuzz about something. Figured, considering the find they'd run into last night. Some kinda magic door if the locals were to be trusted. She wanted to believe it could be a way back home, but no, it wasn't practical. Probably just some dusty reliquary. Still, you never knew. Lotta weird magic hereabouts.

Holding out her staff, a knotted and whittled piece of driftwood, she felt her way towards the campfire, accepting a bowl of porridge. It was surprisingly good; berries were her favorite. One of her companions appeared to have translated whatever writing was supposedly on the locked door.

"I will open, if all ye be faithful."

Huh. She wondered if it was real. Merryn didn't hold for any of that "multiple religions" nonsense.

Whatever. She licked her bowl of porridge clean and found her way over to the door.

"Does anyone wish to clarify what this is all about? It would be a shame to destroy what I've heard is a very pretty-looking door, but if there isn't another way forward couldn't we just knock it down."