God metal alloys

Hoid the Former Drifter

3 hours ago, Frustration said:

Alright, now for the million dollar question: is DragonSteel allomantically viable?

Passing on that for a second, if it qualifies as one such that it's viable in the Metallic Arts there would be a pretty big followup question: What would you need Connection to in order to interact with it? We know that mistborn aren't naturally going to be able to burn the Honor/Cultivation alloy that is Shardblade godmetal. If dragonsteel is a godmetal or something similar enough to be viable, you'd need to form that Connection to use it. So, would Connection to Yolen do it? Do you need to be a dragon?

We do have this WoB though it doesn't really tell us anything useful.

Overlord Jebus

Is Dragonsteel Adonalsiumium?

Brandon Sanderson

RAFO. I'm not even sure how I'm going to canonize Dragonsteel when I add it in.

Emerald City Comic Con 2018 (March 1, 2018)

Since his company and the future series is named after the metal, I think it's a safe bet that it's going to be Really Important even if it changes a bit from what we've seen in the Prime excerpts and even if it's not some sort of 'Adonalsium godmetal'.

Edited by Weltall

5 hours ago, Weltall said:

Passing on that for a second, if it qualifies as one such that it's viable in the Metallic Arts there would be a pretty big followup question: What would you need Connection to in order to interact with it? We know that mistborn aren't naturally going to be able to burn the Honor/Cultivation alloy that is Shardblade godmetal. If dragonsteel is a godmetal or something similar enough to be viable, you'd need to form that Connection to use it. So, would Connection to Yolen do it? Do you need to be a dragon?

...This just makes me want to see a dragon on-screen in the Cosmere even more. Not even a Mistborn one. Just in general... Man that's gonna be so cool...

5 hours ago, Weltall said:

We do have this WoB though it doesn't really tell us anything useful.

Since his company and the future series is named after the metal, I think it's a safe bet that it's going to be Really Important even if it changes a bit from what we've seen in the Prime excerpts and even if it's not some sort of 'Adonalsium godmetal'.

Honestly I think it's going to upend most if not all of what we know about supernatural materials in the Cosmere. Whatever it does, it'll be storming awesome.

9 hours ago, Weltall said:

Woah woah woah, how do we know that Shardblades are made of an Honor/Cultivation godmetal alloy? That’s huge news to me. Do we know if Honor and Cultivation even have godmetals to begin with? 

also I thinks it’s worth pointing out how literally the oldest thread in the mistborn category is almost exactly the same as this one. It’s been almost exactly a decade and we’re still talking about godmetal alloys. :lol::o:blink:

Edited by Danex

8 hours ago, Danex said:

Woah woah woah, how do we know that Shardblades are made of an Honor/Cultivation godmetal alloy? That’s huge news to me. Do we know if Honor and Cultivation even have godmetals to begin with?

They're Shards and they've been Invested on Roshar for thousands of years, they'd have godmetals whether they want to or not and there's at least one metal per Shard.

But yes, we know specifically that Shardblades are an alloy of Honor and Cultivation godmetal because Brandon has said so explicitly:

Spoiler

Alpharho

The metal of Shardblades. Cultivationspren versus honorspren, for example. Are they different metals?

Brandon Sanderson

No, but good question.

Alpharho

Are all orders the same alloy, essentially?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. There's a little asterisk on there, but not in the way you're asking... You could call those all the same alloy. Because the mixture to different spren is different, I think that you could argue that each one is its own alloy.

Alpharho

So, different proportions of tanavastium?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, but it doesn't quite work that way with these magics, right? I'm going to say that's up to the individual cosmerologist who is in the world, the arcanist, defining it. You would be able to find enough differences to legitimately call them different alloys if you wanted to.

Alpharho

Would you say different ratios of the same two metals?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. They are not going to have a third one in them, if that's what you're asking. But it doesn't quite work that way. Like, if you were going to take brass, you could measure the exact percentage. In this case, it is a thing; it's not like you could divide it up and split them apart, because they are a thing. And that thing would be called one thing.

Alpharho

But you won't say what that thing is called?

Brandon Sanderson

No, I won't say what that thing is called. But I think you and the 17th Sharders and folks that are dividing them would prefer to call them ten different things, and I think their nomenclature would be relevant.

Skyward Denver signing (Nov. 15, 2018)

Tagged for length and because eh, SA material on the Mistborn forum...

Edited by Weltall

1 hour ago, Weltall said:

They're Shards and they've been Invested on Roshar for thousands of years, they'd have godmetals whether they want to or not and there's at least one metal per Shard.

But yes, we know specifically that Shardblades are an alloy of Honor and Cultivation godmetal because Brandon has said so explicitly:

Reveal hidden contents

Tagged for length and because eh, SA material on the Mistborn forum...

Okay, this is getting out of hand. Can we stay on topic?

Well I think that for example an alloy of lerasium and steel , would make u into a hyper-misting . U wouldn't just be as powerful a coinshot as Elend but several times more. Possibly  16 times more powerfully . Imagine being able to steelpush like a iron compounder without feruchemy. 

Same applies for other metals. Imagine hyper-thugs , hyper-sliders, hyper-soothers . 

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing