2 minutes ago, Empress Stick said:

Oh, my apologies. I tend to use words like man, dude, and whatever as gender neutral, I didn't mean to misgender you.

Ahahaha I am the true stick

what if we were

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

both Stick?

Hello I popped onto the shard to squee about Dawnshard, and now im here to collect quotes to respond to y'all! Also y'all are wonderful and valid and .....I feel like I need to be wearing massive heels and a wig and a crop fishnet shirt for all this queer energy. 

On 29/09/2020 at 10:12 PM, Koloss17 said:

I be doing the good, tho the closeted agender vibes sometimes bite me.

Edit: Whoops I somehow missed this when I was replying. I was gonna say *hugs* I hope youre doing ok. 

On 15/10/2020 at 2:57 PM, Comatose said:

This is what I get for not keeping up with the forums.  

Proud gay disaster here who loves all certified gay disasters.  Here's my list (in reading order): [DISCLAIMER - this is for FUN!][Spoilers]

Hide contents

(1) Sarene - mostly straight, but her disaster tendencies give big gay vibes.  She mistakenly thinks being a lesbian would be easier because she is tall.  

(2) Kelsier - Okay... listen.  Yes Kelsier is mostly in straight relationships, but no honest straight person could manage the DRAMA that Kelsier pulls off.  He's definitely experimented with guys, and is honestly just turned on by anyone who can keep up with him.  He and Dockson almost kissed once, but both thought it would be weird and turned it into a bro moment.  

(3) Ham and Breeze - Yes, they both marry women, but there is an unspoken attraction that they are both too stubborn to admit to.  They both know it's better for the their friendship to leave the sexual tension simmering below the surface, and so they don't mess with it.  Both would die for the other.  Breeze likes Ham a little more that Ham likes Breeze, but would never admit to that.  

(4) Shan Elariel - I don't know, her energy is just very gay, okay?  

(5) Rashek and Alendi - The link to my fic is in my signature.  

(6) Ati and Leras - Sig again.  

(7) Denth - Why is he so obsessed with Vasher, hmmmm?  Are he and Tonk-Fah really just 'roommates'???  

(8) Fafen - Big "joined the clergy cuz I'm gay" energy.  

(9) Blushweaver and Lightsong - BI DISASTERS OKAY!!!

(10) Wayne - Kind of likes Wax, and isn't too hung up on gender in general, but mostly likes the ladeez (yes he spells it like that because he's awful).  

(11) Marasi - She just has that "I thought I liked the MC because he's the MC and I'm supposed to like him, right?  Right?" kind of vibe, and I could totally see her questioning that and being open to her own bi-ness or lesbianism going forward.  

(12) Shallan - confirmed bi disaster.  

(13) Adolin - Gotta mention my boyfriend.  Fellas, is it gay to go to jail for your crush bridge boy?  Also a (basically) confirmed bi disaster.  

(14) Kaladin - Yes, I know you've had like three girlfriends, but what were you saying the other day about how perfect Adolin's hair is Kaladin?  Right, right, right.  

(15) Axies -I have no words for how much sheer gay disaster-ness this beloved Aimian exudes, but I am so here for it.  

3. Ham and Breeze should be gay in the movie start the petition. 
11. Id love to see Marasi be queer. 

On 18/10/2020 at 5:16 PM, AonEne said:

Alive, how about you? 

Seconding what Salad said - it’s okay to change and congrats on this! 

Great list, except Blushweaver is totally omni, poly, and pan. She is proudly all the things. ...Come to think of it, I feel like Lightsong would be the type to collect labels? Officially he’d insist he’s questioning, but inside he’d just be like “mhm yes that’s me and so is that and yes you too” but maybe my reading of him on that is out of nowhere, idk. 

Heck, I just keep getting reminders to read that Marasi/MeLaan fic. 

I think Blushweaver's sexuality is "yes". 

......what fic? inquiring minds would like to know :P

On 20/10/2020 at 4:57 AM, Ark1002 said:

If I had to choose my sexuality and gender identity, I would say bi and male.

I act straight a lot of the time in terms of sexuality, purely because you've got better chances that way. But I find both genders equally attractive.

For me, gender is weird. I don't really care one way or the other, so I generally go with what I am physically. But I would go with whatever pronoun someone wants to refer to me by, I truly don't care.

So yeah. I generally don't pick gender identity or sexuality, because I just find them very wibbly-wobbly.

Also, ati and leras is the best cosmere ship and I will chop you into little bits if you get in the way of that.

wobbly wobbly is the most accurate. 

On 17/11/2020 at 8:57 AM, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Trans people are amazing and wonderful most of my friends are trans themselves.

Also Kelsier and Drifter

I agree with that Ark. 

Remind me who's drifter? Was that Ham?

On 17/11/2020 at 9:46 AM, Aspiring Writer said:

So... I just realized my profile pic is Shallan, who is bi, which fits perfectly here. Huh. (Sorry for future people who will see a non-shallan profile pic)

......oh thats what I was gonna say, I went through a stage where my profile pics where Strong Female Characters I Uh Totally Dont Have A Crush On Nope. 

On 18/11/2020 at 5:46 AM, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Hello this is More Cynical Than Funny coming to you from Jail! It's so far been dull in here.

Jail? You ok?

On 24/11/2020 at 8:12 AM, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Guys is Hoid LGBTQ+? He does flirt with a lot of guys in tWoK.

Hes too old and weird to be cishet, thats for sure. 

Edited by Delightful

4 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Oh boy. When your parents see on your college ap that you marked yourself as Bi (because there was no undetermined.) and then proceeds to ask if you did it to be 'cool' and why not be 'normal', you just know that you're in for some rust in the future.

Oh, that’s not good. I’m actually most scared that my parents will ask me similar questions when I come out. 

Like, i suspected they were a bit homophobic because of many veiled comments and certain references, and I even once asked how they would react if I was gay (Strangely enough, before I started questioning my sexuality.) and they're answer was nice, but clear they would not like it. So when they make those comments now I'm like, This is going to become a problem, and this one won't go away seeing as they view it against nature and their reaction to things they disagree with is, 'what nonsense" or 'how stupid'. Which, you know, starting to get insulting on a bit more personal level than an ideal level now.

32 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Like, i suspected they were a bit homophobic because of many veiled comments and certain references, and I even once asked how they would react if I was gay (Strangely enough, before I started questioning my sexuality.) and they're answer was nice, but clear they would not like it. So when they make those comments now I'm like, This is going to become a problem, and this one won't go away seeing as they view it against nature and their reaction to things they disagree with is, 'what nonsense" or 'how stupid'. Which, you know, starting to get insulting on a bit more personal level than an ideal level now.

I’m sorry. That must be hard. :(

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Dragon said:

I’m sorry. That must be hard. :(

At this point, nothing surprises me about my parents, they're honestly not that great. They're nice normally, but look a little deeper and you find some really bad stuff. I hope yours are more open-minded, because believe me, having parents who are open to new ideas and ways of thinking is a blessing. I'm pretty sure mine has insulted or dismissed every part of my identity, and my sexuality, which I'm still not sure of, is only one more thing to throw onto an already enormous pile of things I hold dear.

Edited by Aspiring Writer

26 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

At this point, nothing surprises me about my parents, they're honestly not that great. They're nice normally, but look a little deeper and you find some really bad stuff. I hope yours are more open-minded, because believe me, having parents who are open to new ideas and ways of thinking is a blessing. I'm pretty sure mine has insulted or dismissed every part of my identity, and my sexuality, which I'm still not sure of, is only one more thing to throw onto an already enormous pile of things I hold dear.

Well, similar with my parents. My dad always laughs at everything serious I say and says that’s not true, so I think he may just ignore fact I’m bi and my mom... she is a total opposite. She finds bad things everywhere and is super strict, so I don’t have almost any freedom.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Dragon said:

Well, similar with my parents. My dad always laughs at everything serious I say and says that’s not true, so I think he may just ignore fact I’m bi and my mom... she is a total opposite. She finds bad things everywhere and is super strict, so I don’t have almost any freedom.

Oh my. That's just awful. One is blatantly dismissive and ignorant, possibly by choice, and your mom's aggressive toward things. I am legit concerned for you, that actually sounds like a family relationship covered in oil and is about to be set alight. Small question, what are their views on therapists/counselors and would they be willing to meet with one? Because you might want a calming voice in the room if you come out and it's an issue.

2 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Oh my. That's just awful. One is blatantly dismissive and ignorant, possibly by choice, and your mom's aggressive toward things. I am legit concerned for you, that actually sounds like a family relationship covered in oil and is about to be set alight. Small question, what are their views on therapists/counselors and would they be willing to meet with one? Because you might want a calming voice in the room if you come out and it's an issue.

Well, normally they are fine, lastly I yelled at mom and cried and my dad actually helped me, saying that she was too cruel for me, so now it’s better, she tries to make a bond with me, but I prefer my dad for obvious reasons. I don’t think they would give me a therapist, they always think I’m very happy

1 minute ago, Ookla the Dragon said:

Well, normally they are fine, lastly I yelled at mom and cried and my dad actually helped me, saying that she was too cruel for me, so now it’s better, she tries to make a bond with me, but I prefer my dad for obvious reasons. I don’t think they would give me a therapist, they always think I’m very happy

Not like that, it's just if you have difficulties communicating what you're saying to your parents for whatever reason, it might be useful to have a sort of mediator/translator to help out. Like legit, they may just need to hear what you're saying from a different voice, parents aren't great and listening to their kids. Whether or not they end up giving you one is fine, I'm just hoping that they would be willing, because I can't communicate anything with my parents. They are stubborn to a fault and they will perform some epic mental gymnastics and somehow make it your fault/problem/issue because they can do no wrong and they're perfect. (Even trying to deny they said they wish you were never born. Thrice. And then say you take things they say too seriously when they don't apologize for saying it. As I said, the sexuality thing is one of the many problems I have with them.) And I actually do have a therapist (Provided by the school I'm going to) and they refuse to ever meet her so we can discuss our problems with someone who can keep us on track and make sure neither of us lose our cool because they have a very negative stigma toward counselors, saying they're for crazy people (Despite my sister also having one provided by work) and possibly because they blame a lot of what they don't like about what I'm becoming on her, despite the fact they know nothing of what she says and the fact she challenges me as much as she supports me, and it's just ridiculous. So if you're parents are willing, the fact that they are will say a lot. Even if you don't need it, which I hope you don't, knowing they'd be willing to may give you comfort, seeing as there are parents unwilling to meet them even to save their relationship with their kid.

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Dragon said:

Oh and because of that my coming out will be not only testing myself do I can do it, but also it may end very well and they will become better parents, or very unwell. 

I sure hope so. I don't know your parents, so I can't say much about that, but most parents want to get along with their child, and while they will probably be resistant at first, they may come around eventually. If they're bothered at first, don't take it too badly. It requires a change in thinking that takes a while to get used to.

20 hours ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Drifter is that guy who beats the snot out of Kelsier in Mistborn Secret History.

Reveal hidden contents

ROW!

Reveal hidden contents

What about Hoid and Jasnah? It's actually a thing.

I thought he was a worldhopper we knew from somewhere specific?

6 hours ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Oh boy. When your parents see on your college ap that you marked yourself as Bi (because there was no undetermined.) and then proceeds to ask if you did it to be 'cool' and why not be 'normal', you just know that you're in for some rust in the future.

4 hours ago, Aspiring Writer said:

So uh on the topic of parents and coming out and things. 

The number one rule of coming out is that you dont do it if you're going to be in danger. If you're reliant on your parents, particularly financially, particularly if you aren't of legal age, still live with them, and/or cant realistically move out, and you think they'll react badly; wait. Being closeted can be really awful but its better than being homeless, hungry, in debt etc. Make and save whatever money you can, make plans for independence, and make damn sure you're going to be safe and you'll have somewhere to go if things go really really badly. 

Therapy, with a good therapist who is right for you, is fantastic, I highly recommend therapy. Generally happy people will most likely benefit from learning how to manage their stress and their relationships better. People under stress, especially queer teens, have a lot to gain from therapy. Just obviously make sure if theyre through school etc that whatever you say to them is strictly confidential, that they're not gonna go to your parents or teachers without permission. 

Parents can be really [redacted]. Mine are. A lot of people have kids without being prepared for what happens when their kid turns out to be something other than cishet, abled, hearing etc. Or even just a kid who doesnt see the world exactly as they do. Its incredibly difficult to be that kid, but the good news is that once you're independent and you find friends like you, you find your real community, things get so much better. Its like a completely different, free-er life. if you have to, bite your tongue around your parents and bide your time, be queer as you like on the internet,  and you'll get to the IRL light at the end of the tunnel soon enough. 

[worrying that this is coming across as preachy or condescending. Just please please be safe.]

[And in case you need to hear it: you are super valid and super normal and super queer and there is no contradiction in any of that. Your parents dont know who you are, only you know that.]

Edited by Delightful