1 hour ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

feeling romantic luv is cool

feeling just platonic luv is also cool

all luv is cool

we're all friends here guys lets be nice

I never said either one wasn't cool.

I'm just arguing that science is better than romantic love, in my definitely not biased opinion.

hmhmmm

anyone seen for the future yet

(spoilers for the first 3 minutes)

Spoiler

i..... i turned it off after hooty got turned into that horrific puppet thing

also i'm waiting to watch it with my little sister

but 

*shivers*

a c o r d i a n   h o o t y

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I never said either one wasn't cool.

I'm just arguing that science is better than romantic love, in my definitely not biased opinion.

Archie!! I’m trying to upvote all your poems but I’m out! Can you remind me tomorrow?

also update peeps: I think I might be Demi-romantic 

8 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Archie!! I’m trying to upvote all your poems but I’m out! Can you remind me tomorrow?

also update peeps: I think I might be Demi-romantic 

Nice. What makes you think that?

Spoiler

Unless you don't want to say.

@Cinnamon

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Nice. What makes you think that?

Um weeeeell I get crushes but I don’t really like the person. When I get “crushes” I usually pick someone I think is nice and looks alright so I have a name when my friends are all “who do you like?” “So-and-so is so dreamy”. I make sure however that I pick someone who is wayyyyy out of my league so I never have to say yes (or no) if they ask me out (I hate hurting peoples feelings). I don’t think I have ever actually had a ‘real’ crush. I didn’t realise that I was doing this until very recently.

However, I do want to have a romantic relationship. Snuggling, watching movies ect. But only with someone with whom I have a good friendship with first, who I know and trust with everything. I want my prospective partner (if that ever happens) to be my best friend. We can be all ‘lovey-dovey’ but also talk to each other about everything. Including mental health. But, sometimes I’m not sure if I even want the romantic bit or just the really deep friendship. 

I realised this all because I was told by my ‘crush’ that they liked me and wanted to go on a date. I froze up and just said “sure”  because I didn’t want to hurt their feelings and they are a super nice person. I convinced myself that I could be like Golde in Fidler on the Roof and learn to like them if I just spent some time with them. I didn’t and now my life is even more confusing than it was before. 

Bleh I wish everything was more simple. 

Spoiler

Also, thanks all you Sharders for being so supportive and kind and making feel I can actually talk to. You guys are the first people I’ve told about this. Thanks-_-

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Um weeeeell I get crushes but I don’t really like the person. When I get “crushes” I usually pick someone I think is nice and looks alright so I have a name when my friends are all “who do you like?” “So-and-so is so dreamy”. I make sure however that I pick someone who is wayyyyy out of my league so I never have to say yes (or no) if they ask me out (I hate hurting peoples feelings). I don’t think I have ever actually had a ‘real’ crush. I didn’t realise that I was doing this until very recently.

However, I do want to have a romantic relationship. Snuggling, watching movies ect. But only with someone with whom I have a good friendship with first, who I know and trust with everything. I want my prospective partner (if that ever happens) to be my best friend. We can be all ‘lovey-dovey’ but also talk to each other about everything. Including mental health. But, sometimes I’m not sure if I even want the romantic bit or just the really deep friendship. 

I realised this all because I was told by my ‘crush’ that they liked me and wanted to go on a date. I froze up and just said “sure”  because I didn’t want to hurt their feelings and they are a super nice person. I convinced myself that I could be like Golde in Fidler on the Roof and learn to like them if I just spent some time with them. I didn’t and now my life is even more confusing than it was before. 

Bleh I wish everything was more simple. 

Reveal hidden contents

Also, thanks all you Sharders for being so supportive and kind and making feel I can actually talk to. You guys are the first people I’ve told about this. Thanks-_-

Right. I might be wrong, but it sort of sounds like your crushes have been people you like as a friend, and you've been calling them a crush to meet societal norms.

I think demiromanticism (is that a word?) is really cool! And I think it's great that you want your potential relationships to include discussions about things like mental health. That should always be the case for that kind of relationship, otherwise it probably isn't very healthy. And yeah, I get how it could really be confusing, but keep in mind that there are people whose romantic inclinations fluctuate.

As for the crush, I think you should go ahead with it, and see how it goes! The fact that you like them as a person is a good start. It might be a positive experience, and it could help you learn more about yourself.

Spoiler

Disclaimer: I'm reasonably confident that I've never felt romantic attraction in my life, and I might not be the best authority on this.

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Right. I might be wrong, but it sort of sounds like your crushes have been people you like as a friend, and you've been calling them a crush to meet societal norms.

I think demiromanticism (is that a word?) is really cool! And I think it's great that you want your potential relationships to include discussions about things like mental health. That should always be the case for that kind of relationship, otherwise it probably isn't very healthy. And yeah, I get how it could really be confusing, but keep in mind that there are people whose romantic inclinations fluctuate.

As for the crush, I think you should go ahead with it, and see how it goes! The fact that you like them as a person is a good start. It might be a positive experience, and it could help you learn more about yourself.

Reveal hidden contents

Disclaimer: I'm reasonably confident that I've never felt romantic attraction in my life, and I might not be the best authority on this.

I agree. Demiromanticism (it is a word) is pretty cool. 

After reading Cinnamon's comment, I think I might be at least a little Demiromantic too. Now that I think about it, most, if not all of my crushes have been friends first.

Edited by Witless of Shinovar

5 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

can't relate

people are so hot omg

i literally think everyone's hot

and sometimes i get a crush just by seeing someone (rare though)

anyway. yeah i agree y'all are cool af :3 but also i cannot relate to y'all lolll.

Dang, I'm out of rep. Here's a turtle instead

Spoiler

nevermind, it won't let me put in an image

Edited by Witless of Shinovar

2 minutes ago, Tani said:

I have to talk to someone (actually talk to them, not just say hi and get their name) before I can have a crush on them. The one time it was different, the guy looked a lot like someone I knew well and respected.

Perhaps you’re Demiromantic (or at least a bit) too? It’s a lot more common than people think.

14 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

hmhmmm

anyone seen for the future yet

(spoilers for the first 3 minutes)

Reveal hidden contents

i..... i turned it off after hooty got turned into that horrific puppet thing

also i'm waiting to watch it with my little sister

but 

*shivers*

a c o r d i a n   h o o t y

i watched the whole thing.

Spoiler

accordion hooty haunts my dreams.

also short hair lillith is....

interesting.

15 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

can't relate

people are so hot omg

anyway. yeah i agree y'all are cool af :3 but also i cannot relate to y'all lolll.

That sounds very tiring.

16 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

can't relate

people are so hot omg

pan gang???

im so pan.

boys are hot.

girls are hot.

you're all hot

cuddle me.

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

That sounds very tiring.

on the contrary :) it's super fun :lol:

50 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

pan gang???

im so pan.