29 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Is this a good place do ask why are the members of the LGBTQ+ community I know, including many of my friends, are always great people?

Maybe because some of them were hurt by other people and now, they are emphatic?

3 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

I don’t believe that  all 8 or so of my LGBT friends have issues, but I dunno

I would say that maybe, most people you know are great? I really doubt that someone's sexuality/gender/etc. etc. would have much of an effect on how nice those people are.

1 minute ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

I would say that maybe, most people you know are great? I really doubt that someone's sexuality/gender/etc. etc. would have much of an effect on how nice those people are.

Tru. Though some take their sexuality as more of their identity than others, which I think affects personality more

12 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Is this a good place do ask why are the members of the LGBTQ+ community I know, including many of my friends, are always great people?

3 hours ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

I agree with Truth here, it just seems that you have surrounded yourself with good people, some of which happen to be part of the LGBTQIAP+ community. I don’t think there’s anything more to it than that.

35 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

I agree with Truth here, it just seems that you have surrounded yourself with good people, some of which happen to be part of the LGBTQIAP+ community. I don’t think there’s anything more to it than that.

Makes sense.

Also: Welcome, Salad!!! :D

22 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Tru. Though some take their sexuality as more of their identity than others, which I think affects personality more

I mean there are joke stereotypes about different identities but I dont think they make someone a better or worse person for like, cuffing their jeans or wearing flannel or w/e.

So does anyone have queer Cosmere headcanons? I've got

1. Wit is not straight and probably not cis either. He's weird and he's been around a long time. 
2. Jasnah is asexual and/or aromantic
3 Semi-confirmed that Shallan is accidentally bi

I hope we get some Vorin gender non-confirming and non-binary characters messing with cultural expectations. We do already have the people who work with the horses, but eh, I want to see more. Trans women learning to read later in life, ceremonial soldier uniforms with big safe hand sleeves.......

4 hours ago, Delightful said:

I mean there are joke stereotypes about different identities but I dont think they make someone a better or worse person for like, cuffing their jeans or wearing flannel or w/e.

So does anyone have queer Cosmere headcanons? 

Yes, I agree with Jasnah. I always thought about her in similar way.

I don’t really thought about it, when I read Cosmere. I actually started thinking about it after I finished She-Ra. (You can imagine why). 

Even though I have some Starlight (or Starsight?) characters.

1. I have always seen Kimmalyn as pan. (Don’t ask me why, she just seemed pan)

2. For me Hesho was aromantic and/or asexual. (Because why then he has almost the entire planet with many other woman).

Oh, wait, I remember somebody Cosmere!

Wayne may be bi as there was a fragment when MeLaan changed into a man. 

12 hours ago, Delightful said:

1. Wit is not straight and probably not cis either. He's weird and he's been around a long time. 

I hope we get some Vorin gender non-confirming and non-binary characters messing with cultural expectations. We do already have the people who work with the horses, but eh, I want to see more. Trans women learning to read later in life, ceremonial soldier uniforms with big safe hand sleeves.......

Well, if you know who wit really is..

Spoiler

Hoid most likely is to old and hurt by love to never love again. I also think that he’s the type of person to not really give a frigg about gender

19 hours ago, Delightful said:

Now, as far as queer head canons go... it's not a headcanon, exactly, but I want a bisexual male protagonist at some point, because I feel like that is a group that get's so little exposure, especially as heroes.

And while I may not think that Vorinsm quite makes sense as a queer positive place, I have no doubt that Nalthis is all about that, and I'm curious how being Returned might interact with someone's idea of gender and identity. The examples we see in the book are very much idealised perfection of an ideal, so I wonder what would happen if someone who was trans or non-binary returned.

Edited by Quiver

On 7/25/2020 at 3:27 PM, Quiver said:

The examples we see in the book are very much idealised perfection of an ideal, so I wonder what would happen if someone who was trans or non-binary returned. 

I think Brandon has confirmed that they’d come back as their gender identity. :D 

I eagerly await them! Does anyone else think Willshapers would be enormously into civil rights? Probably most orders would be at least a little, but them and Edgedancers would be really into it, I feel like. 

Oh, and I got an ace shirt! Wore it for the first time yesterday! 

A367503A-F88D-4D4F-983A-10BF4FB3E252.jpeg

@Blessing of Potency Did you know about this thread? 

Edited by AonEne

On 25/07/2020 at 4:30 PM, Emi said:

Yes, I agree with Jasnah. I always thought about her in similar way.

I don’t really thought about it, when I read Cosmere. I actually started thinking about it after I finished She-Ra. (You can imagine why). 

Even though I have some Starlight (or Starsight?) characters.

1. I have always seen Kimmalyn as pan. (Don’t ask me why, she just seemed pan)

2. For me Hesho was aromantic and/or asexual. (Because why then he has almost the entire planet with many other woman).

Oh, wait, I remember somebody Cosmere!

Wayne may be bi as there was a fragment when MeLaan changed into a man. 

Oh right Skyward! Im mildly annoyed at the romance between Spensa and J-whats his name, theres more chemistry with the other girls tbh. I think I was shipping Spensa and Kimmalyn but I dont remember specifically, its been a while. Like the book is so cool, oh look another tired hetero romance. 

On 26/07/2020 at 0:57 AM, Koloss17 said:

Well, if you know who wit really is..

Hide contents

Hoid most likely is to old and hurt by love to never love again. I also think that he’s the type of person to not really give a frigg about gender

Spoiler

Yeah like I feel like hes seen enough to not care about his own gender or anyone else's. And yeah hes maybe too jaded to love now. Or maybe hes ace. mostly i think hes not stuck to ideas about gender, I mean hes seen a gazillion worlds and cultures why would that be something he cares about, you know?

On 26/07/2020 at 7:27 AM, Quiver said:

Now, as far as queer head canons go... it's not a headcanon, exactly, but I want a bisexual male protagonist at some point, because I feel like that is a group that get's so little exposure, especially as heroes.

And while I may not think that Vorinsm quite makes sense as a queer positive place, I have no doubt that Nalthis is all about that, and I'm curious how being Returned might interact with someone's idea of gender and identity. The examples we see in the book are very much idealised perfection of an ideal, so I wonder what would happen if someone who was trans or non-binary returned.

Pretty strong head canon that both Bow and SeaHawk from She-ra are bi. Yes absolutely though, bi guys dont get much rep. 
Edit 3 seconds after I post because Im Like That: Lucifer from Lucifer! He's technically yknow the devil and not a person person but hes very sexual and very obviously bi. 

Ooooooooh more magic transition goals! 

On 28/07/2020 at 0:35 PM, revelryintheart said:

There needs to be more aroace jokes so I stole one off the internet.

Random person: You do know that romantic and sexual attractions are what make us fundamentally human-
Aros, turning to Aces: Gods?
Aces, nodding: Gods

Miguel and Tulio voice: MIGHTY AND POWERFUL GODS

That was....a lot of ace memes. I was going to react but Ive forgotten what I was going to say, except that  I love the idea of the girl getting pets and the boys falling in love. Theres a recent Netflix movie thats similar, about a girl helping a guy to "get the girl' except she's already in love with the girl and the guy doesn't realise that. Its pretty cute.  Forgot what its called. 

Edited by Delightful

10 hours ago, AonEne said:

Oooh, if you remember it I’d like to check it out. Do the girls get together? 

Well, end of movie spoilers

Spoiler

They do a lesbian/sapphic/queer longing from a distance thing

More specific spoilers

They recognise their feelings for each other and also that theyre going separate ways for college, it ends on 'well maybe in 4 years'. Its bittersweet. 

Hi I'm late but I've been reading through lots of threads recently and saw someone talk about headcannons so I had to chip in that I fully believe/agree that Jasnah is Ace/Aro
and off topic but gay: but I'm a Kadolin shipper please don't shoot me

Edited by Illwei