Hello! We are not professionals here (at least I'm not), but maybe we can provide at least a sounding board. ^_^ Alright, is this coming out as trans/nonbinary, or as not straight? And do you know anything about your parents' thoughts on LGBTQ+ folks already? 

I think my parents are generally supportive of LGBTQ+ people, but they basically don't know any so it might be different when they find out I am one. I am coming out as pansexual, although they might not even know what that means.

Edited by The Sibling

1 hour ago, DramaQueen said:

Hellooooo!!!

Welcome :))

Thanks. Um... So I have a question about coming out as gay to your parents?

Edited by Voidus
Fixed the broken quote

57 minutes ago, Oreo made of cheese said:

Thanks. Um... So I have a question about coming out as gay to your parents?

I'm a panromantic asexual, and I don't know how much I'd say I "came out," my parents more just found out, so I don't think I'll be able to be much help, but I can certainly try!

How much do your parents know about the LGBT+ community? And what are their opinions on it?

7 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

I'm a panromantic asexual, and I don't know how much I'd say I "came out," my parents more just found out, so I don't think I'll be able to be much help, but I can certainly try!

How much do your parents know about the LGBT+ community? And what are their opinions on it?

23 hours ago, Robin Sedai said:

Umm. My brother is non-binary and the support they and my mother's attend the pride purade in New Jersey so I'd say she support the LGBTQ+ community.

12 minutes ago, Oreo made of cheese said:

Umm. My brother is non-binary and the support they and my mother's attend the pride purade in New Jersey so I'd say she support the LGBTQ+ community.

Okay, then it sounds like she'll be really accepting if you come out to her? Do you want help figuring out a specific way to come out, or...?

23 minutes ago, Oreo made of cheese said:

Hang on. If your brother's nonbinary, wouldn't that make them your sibling?

On 3/31/2022 at 7:52 PM, Robin Sedai said:

Hang on. If your brother's nonbinary, wouldn't that make them your sibling?

Good point I'll apologize to they

On 3/31/2022 at 7:48 PM, DramaQueen said:

Okay, then it sounds like she'll be really accepting if you come out to her? Do you want help figuring out a specific way to come out, or...?

And that would be nice. 

13 hours ago, Oreo made of cheese said:

And that would be nice.

Okay. Ummm do you think you could just be like "hey I need to talk to you about something" and then basically just tell her?

(Also double-posting isn't really allowed, so try to say everything in one post or wait for someone else to post between your posts. You can also edit your previous post to include anything you meant to say.)

4 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

Okay. Ummm do you think you could just be like "hey I need to talk to you about something" and then basically just tell her?

(Also double-posting isn't really allowed, so try to say everything in one post or wait for someone else to post between your posts. You can also edit your previous post to include anything you meant to say.)

Yes that would work and sorry I won't do it again sorry

On 3/28/2022 at 9:35 AM, The Sibling said:

I think my parents are generally supportive of LGBTQ+ people, but they basically don't know any so it might be different when they find out I am one. I am coming out as pansexual, although they might not even know what that means.

Asking if they know what it is might be a good way to start, then leading into saying that's what you are? 

On 4/1/2022 at 2:10 PM, Oreo made of cheese said:

Yes that would work and sorry I won't do it again sorry

Welcome to the Shard! I merged your posts, so don't sweat it, you're fine. :) 

On 4/2/2022 at 6:20 PM, AonEne said:

Asking if they know what it is might be a good way to start, then leading into saying that's what you are? 

Welcome to the Shard! I merged your posts, so don't sweat it, you're fine. :) 

I won't. and I will (asking if they know what it is might be a good way to start, then leading into saying that's what you are?)

Edited by Oreo made of cheese
Because.

• 1 month later...

It's like that, but it can be with other people too. It's not just with oone person. Basically, you don't feel sexually attracted to someone until you've formed a strong emotional bond (ie by like awesome friendship or smth) at least thats how I understand it