I've left enough messages around the board that I should proooobably introduce myself on this. So.

Hi. I'm Quiver. And this year I finally realized I was bi-.

I'm sort of flipping on what tag to put at the end of that label though, and I'm maybe leaning more towards biromantic (with a preference for women). I think the fact I facilitate on what to call myself qualifies me as a disaster :P

(And hey, I'm cool with memes)

Umm... I’m not sure about my sexuality, I’m only 13, but I think that I may be aromantic and bi with a preference to men. I mean... this first one is more likely, because I’m VERY bad at romances and I don’t really know if I really feel something to a person or do I just telling it to my mind that I really am to not feel this one person that didn’t had any crush in her entire life.(Woah, you guys are first to who I’m telling it. I literally feel better now.)

I’m also sure that I made A LOT grammar mistakes there, so I’m not sure if anyone will understand me there.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Emi said:

Umm... I’m not sure about my sexuality, I’m only 13, but I think that I may be aromantic and bi with a preference to men. I mean... this first one is more likely, because I’m VERY bad at romances and I don’t really know if I really feel something to a person or do I just telling it to my mind that I really am to not feel this one person that didn’t had any crush in her entire life.(Woah, you guys are first to who I’m telling it. I literally feel better now.)

It’s natural to be unsure, myself I’ve been questioning whether I’m aromantic for years now...I’m glad talking about it makes you feel better though!

Just now, The_Truthwatcher said:

Well, straight usually refers to people who are sexually attracted to the other gender

I know this. I meant Mac n cheese :lol:

Edited by Emi

2 minutes ago, Emi said:

Ik. I meant Mac n cheese :lol:

Mac n cheese. is pasta (macaroni) with cheese.

Spoiler

I knew that, I was just pulling your leg

5 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

I'm straight, so I really don't belong here, but I've already eaten too much mac n cheese...

I don't think anyone would mind

Edited by The_Truthwatcher

On 20/07/2020 at 11:26 PM, AonEne said:

Wooooooo yay a central thread. Would anyone mind if I left memes here? 

go for it!

On 21/07/2020 at 0:41 AM, Emi said:

I’m also sure that I made A LOT grammar mistakes there, so I’m not sure if anyone will understand me there.:ph34r:

I only started figuring myself out at like 20. Gender and sexuality also change and develop over time. Labels can be great but no rush to label yourself either. Take your time :)

12 hours ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

Well, straight usually refers to people who are sexually attracted to the other gender

Other? There's more than two genders friendo ;)

6 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

I'm straight like Hoid. I just happen to act like a bi disaster. And I like mac and cheese. So... 

Steals mac and cheese and disappears in a puff of glitter from flute

I literally cannot imagine Hoid being straight. :ph34r:

Edit: 
Me: I dont have to respond to literally everyone!
Also me: Keeps quoting and going back to edit this post because I didn't respond to everyone yet.

Edited by Delightful

3 minutes ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

I know that, but this was the best simple explanation that came to mind.

You could say heterosexual, or men and women exclusively attracted to each other. That way you dont invalidate non-binary folks by the wayside. :) 

3 minutes ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

I don't get it doesn't this:

also invalidate non-binary people?

I don't fully understand your question. A non-binary person can't really be straight by definition, because what would that mean? Straight is a term that only works within the binary. 

16 minutes ago, Delightful said:

I only started figuring myself out at like 20. Gender and sexuality also change and develop over time. Labels can be great but no rush to label yourself either. Take your time :)

Well, that’s why I said “I’m not sure”. Wait... but how you could not know that you’re nonbinary? No offense, I just thought that people know such a things since they were babies. :huh:

1 minute ago, Delightful said:

I don't fully understand your question. A non-binary person can't really be straight by definition, because what would that mean? Straight is a term that only works within the binary. 

I understand this, which is why I am confused. My definition of straight also doesn't apply to non binary people

15 minutes ago, Emi said:

Well, that’s why I said “I’m not sure”. Wait... but how you could not know that you’re nonbinary? No offense, I just thought that people know such a things since they were babies. :huh:

Im not super comfortable sharing details publically, they could also possibly be used to identify me at some point. The short version is that not all trans people know when theyre kids, for me there was a lot of internalised homophobia and transphobia to work through first, and it took a long time for me to even learn that being non-binary was a thing that a person could be. 

Feel free to message me for more details though, Im happy to talk about this stuff because there's not a lot of good info or representation out there.  I just dont want it all out generally publically here. 

I understand this, which is why I am confused. My definition of straight also doesn't apply to non binary people

Ok so what I think is happening here:

1. Straight doesnt really apply to non-binary people, with the caveat that people can in good faith take whatever labels they think fits them best.
2. Generally referring to 'the other gender' or 'opposite genders' implies a binary.
3 Being straight means men attracted only to women and women attracted only to men. 

My point was that its better not to use terms like 'opposite gender' or 'the other gender' which imply a binary and therefore erases non-binary people. 

Is that any clearer?

Edited by Delightful