Long Game 67: The Road to Urithiru

Straw

Diraharid was a person in your group who was very fond of gambling. Unfortunately, many believed that he was using dark powers to predict the future and win. It wasn't really a surprise when someone got angry and stabbed him to death in the dark. Unfortunately, he couldn't use his healing powers to save himself.

Matrim's Dice has died! He was a Refugee Progression Squire.

GM Notes:

-The day will end on July 21st, at 1:00 PM EST.

-If you need a vote count, just @mention me and I'll give you one ASAP!

-PMs are closed.

-All Knights Radiant have gained two charges of Stormlight. All Squires have gained one charge of Stormlight. If used, they will be recharged during the next Highstorm, which will be on D10.

Player List:

Spoiler

A Joe in the Bush Refugee

@Araris Valerian

Ashbringer Refugee

@Devotary of Spontaneity

Elbereth Refugee

Eternum Refugee Skybreaker

@shanerockes

@Frozen Mint

Gears Refugee

@Illwei

@Kynedath

Lahilt Refugee

@Lord_Silberfarben

@Magestar

Matrim's Dice Refugee Progression Squire

@Orlok Tsubodai

Sart Refugee

StrikerEZ Diagramist

The Young Pyromancer Refugee

@The_Truthwatcher

TJ Shade Refugee Bondsmith

Ventyl Refugee Edgedancer

@xinoehp512

@Zillah

Edited by Straw

I really thought he didn't have progression because I thought I remembered him constantly asking people to save TJ, and then TJ died. Or maybe that was gears. 

Edit: Anyways, Araris.

Edited by Illwei

13 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I really thought he didn't have progression because I thought I remembered him constantly asking people to save TJ, and then TJ died. Or maybe that was gears. 

Anyways, Araris.

BTW, if you edit in votes as to not double post, please place a clear EDIT thing above it and @mention me to make sure I see it. I tend to update votes in real time with the thread, so I might not see votes in edits.

Edit: This whole post is an edit eek I accidentally quoted my last post instead of editing. anyways I guess i might as well say something i guess...

I also distrust Orlok after reading through MR 42. (and getting a play by play on it from Fura)

Edited by Illwei

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

I’m pretty convinced that Orlok is elim at this point. Still not sure why people suspect me.

Also, with only 1 charge, Matrim could only protect once in 3 cycles.

Why would I, as an elim, go on to night kill one of my two main suspects? Given I have made something like one post since D2, your certainty is pretty incriminating. Good game, though. Presuming this is LyLo if you're trying to lynch me. Araris

3 minutes ago, Magestar said:

Araris is definitely evil.  :P  

Why the smiley face? It's too early for a hammer unless all the elims are active(and especially if there's five left), but this looks like what someone who knew Araris wasn't evil would say. Araris was one of the people I was probably going to vote for but this just seems odd.

locke the tormented waz on teh ground. he had ben pushed there by sum strange person. he watched every 1 else fighting. he had thot he had just as many persons who liked him, but there was only 1 fighting 4 him. they lost, and he died. teh end. thx 4 playing.

Orlok Tsubodai has died! He was a Refugee.

Vote Count:

Orlok Tsubodai (3): Araris Valerian, Devotary of Spontaneity, Magestar
Araris Valerian (1): Illwei, Lord_Silberfarben, Orlok Tsubodai

GM Notes:

-THE GAME IS OVER! Thanks for playing!!!

-Congratulations to @Araris Valerian, @Frozen Mint, @Lord_Silberfarben, @Magestar, @StrikerEZ, @xinoehp512, and @Zillah!!!

-GM thoughts up sometime.

Documents and Spreadsheets:

Master Spreadsheet

Dead/Spectator Document

Diagramist Document

Player List:

Spoiler

A Joe in the Bush Refugee

Araris Valerian Diagramist

Ashbringer Refugee

Devotary of Spontaneity Refugee Tension Squire

Elbereth Refugee

Eternum Refugee Skybreaker

Fifth Scholar / shanerockes Refugee

Frozen Mint Diagramist Adhesion Squire

Gears Refugee

Illwei Refugee Truthwatcher

Kynedath Refugee

Lahilt Refugee

Lord_Silberfarben Diagramist

Magestar Diagramist Windrunner

Matrim's Dice Refugee Progression Squire

Orlok Tsubodai Refugee

Sart Refugee

StrikerEZ Diagramist

The Young Pyromancer Refugee

The_Truthwatcher Refugee

TJ Shade Refugee Bondsmith

Ventyl Refugee Edgedancer

xinoehp512 Diagramist

Zillah Diagramist

This game was magnificent. I enjoyed it very, very much. Congratulations to the eliminators, for being incredibly skilled at evading suspicion. I think lynching Striker D1 really hurt us. Overall, great game 16/10. 

@Illwei was the Truthwatcher!!!!! :o Very good first game.

I spent the entirety of the game being thoroughly confused :P Mostly due to the inactivity and size of the elim team...

Props to @Frozen Mint and @Lord_Silberfarben for being the two active elims I had read as village, and to the rest of the team for winning.

Thanks Straw for running!

18 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

@Illwei was the Truthwatcher!!!!! :o Very good first game.

I was going to tell you when I opened PMs and see if you had the progression surge but I was a bit too scared after Pyro PM'd me. Then I was going to try and squire Pyro but I kind of thought they were a KR.

Edit: Man apparently I should have opened PMs more. I was kind of very worried about elim manipulation through PMs 

Edit Edit: I really thought Matrim wasn't progression because he kept saying that someone should protect TJ or him. of course, I thought Ash was a dustbringer for the same reason, so-

Edited by Illwei
I rly dont want to double post

Some extra thoughts that I forgot to mention: My fatal flaw appears to be assuming that everyone else is utilitarian and thinking rationally. That is decidedly false and crippled my analysis. I tunnelled extremely hard on Ventyl [sorry] because of this [If Striker was the only elim of Striker/TJ/Ventyl, then why didn't he vote Ventyl? Therefore, Ventyl = elim]. This was a learning experience.

Well, I played for a week solely on mobile and did fairly well. Then I finally returned from my vacation, ready to play SE on my new laptop and write the long analysis posts I like... and then I got hurled into an off-schedule highstorm. TJ, I want a word with the Stormfather :P

Apparently the Elims were trying to incriminate Gears by killing me? Everyone seemed to just accept that I was dead when everyone had thought that Joe would be next. Although Gears did get lynched quick, so I guess it worked.

I did have a lot of fun with this game. Watching the village work through the mess of Ventyl and Gears, waiting for Gears to die so I had someone to talk to, theorizing I think three different game ideas, and trying (and failing) to find the Elims. I had thought Pyro was the bad one, which means Pyro gets the distinguished award of being more suspicious as a Villager than as an Elim...

Well, congrats to the Elims!

Edited by Ashbringer

Good game elims! 

@Araris Valerian, I really didn't mean it when I told that we're losing the game due to the lack of active village power roles, rather than the work of the elims. It was sort of an attempt to bait the elims to rile up. You did reply to that, but in a villager-y way, so I was left more confused than before xD. Hope you or the elim team didn't take offense for that. You deserve this victory and the ease at which it was achieved. 

Also, if you didn't know, I did role-block you the cycle I died. If only it wasn't grav-assisted... I actually thought of blocking you the previous cycle (when you killed Elbereth), but I thought we had all decided to lynch you anyway so I changed my target to Pyro. 

I think my major problem in this game was my confidence took a bad hit after mislynching Ventyl. I had 0 interest in lynching Gears (Sorry @Gears). I was majorly convinced he was village. I would have definitely pushed for Araris lynch that cycle if I was more confident. Similarly, the cycle Lahilt was lynched, I should have pushed harder for the Magestar lynch instead of just "It seems no one wants to lynch Mage this turn". 

@Illwei, great first game! I hope to see you in many more! 

@Ventyl, if it's any consolation, while everyone underestimated you, telling that your actions as an elim would be too tough or too smart to pull off, I actually thought you were capable of doing it. Sorry for tunneling on you, and I'll be more careful in the future. 

@Ashbringer, @Gears I had a lot of fun building up insane and crazy games and filling up the dead doc. I'd gladly die early with you guys again xD.

@Elbereth, see, I'm village. :P

@Devotary of Spontaneity, glad you survived. I guess it's sort of a consolation for me. xD 

Edit:  @Straw, thanks for running this game! I enjoyed it, despite being under pressure of the entire time I was alive. :P

Edited by TJ Shade
Smh, hit submit early