Long Game 67: The Road to Urithiru

Straw

Factions:

Spoiler

Refugees: Standard village faction. Must kill all Diagramists to win.

Diagramists: Standard eliminator faction. The Diagramists have a Google doc and a kill each night. Must outnumber the Refugees to win.

Knights Radiant Mechanics:

Spoiler

Knights Radiant: There are ten orders of Knights Radiant, with two surges available to each order. Radiants have access to adjacent surges. For example, the Bondsmiths have access to Adhesion and Tension, and the Windrunners have access to Adhesion and Gravitation. In order to use a surge, a player must use up a charge of stormlight. Both charges can be used up at once, but each surge can only be used once per night. A charge is used up even if the action fails.

Squires: Once per game, a Knight Radiant may use both of their night actions and create a Squire. Squires have only one surge available to them, which is randomly picked from the two surges available to their Knight Radiant. Squires have a free PM with their Knight Radiant and know which order their Knight Radiant is from. If a Knight Radiant attempts to Squire someone who is already a Squire or Knight Radiant, they fail, but are allowed to try again. Knights Radiant are also allowed to try again if their Squiring action is blocked. Squires retain their powers after the death of their Knight Radiant.

Highstorms: Every three cycles, there will be a Highstorm. There will be a Highstorm at the start of the first day, so the Highstorms are as follows: D1, D4, D7, etc. Highstorms will be noted in the writeup. Every time there is a Highstorm, Knights Radiant will gain two charges of stormlight, and Squires will gain one charge.

Knights Radiant Surges:

Spoiler

Adhesion: Stop a player from performing one random action or prevent them from voting.

Gravitation: This turn, you and your target are immune to any effects that would alter your vote or actions. You may choose to target yourself, though you will be affected even if you target another.

Division: Kill another player. This ability can only be used during the night.

Abrasion: You cannot be targeted by any actions this turn, other than those boosted by Gravitation.

Progression: Attempt to save another player from death. This ability blocks one kill. This ability can only be used during the night.

Illumination: One on one PMs are opened for all players until the end of the night. PMs being open will be announced in the writeup.

Transformation: Learn the surges or alignment of another player. This ability can only be used during the night.

Transportation: Redirect a player's actions or vote to another player.

Cohesion: Swap yourself with another player, causing you to be affected by any actions targeting them, and vice versa.

Tension: Cancel a random action or vote targeting a player.

Action Resolution and Information:

Spoiler

Order of Actions:

Abrasion/Gravitation

Transportation

Tension/Adhesion

Cohesion

Illumination/Transformation/Progression

Division/Diagramist Kill

Squiring

Information: If a player is attacked, but survives due to Progression, it is announced in the writeup. Division is not distinguished from the Diagramist kill. Players are not informed of the results of their actions.

Basics:

Spoiler

The turns for this game are 48/24.

There is no vote minimum. Ties are determined randomly.

This game does not have an inactivity filter. If I can get enough people, I'll have pinch hitters.

Welcome to Long Game 67! This is a rerun of Long Game 13, so go check that out for an idea of how this game might work! There have been a few fairly minor changes, which are listed along with the clarifications in this document. Please let me know if you have any questions.

RP Background: You're a group of refugees planning to make your way across the Shattered Plains, with the goal of getting to the Oathgate and teleporting to Urithiru. On the first day of the game, you will be departing the camps.

The game will start a little over a week from now, on July 1st at 1:00 PM EST. 1:00 PM EST will probably be the normal rollover time. This game should not end up overlapping with QF45 or LG66.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Elbereth (Elle)

2. xinoehp512

3. Orlok Tsubodai (locke the tormented)

4. Gears (Dr. Gears)

5. Ashbringer (Brightlord Faleast)

6. Eternum

7. StrikerEZ

8. Matrim's Dice (Diraharid)

9. A Joe in the Bush (Jesenesh the Stormwind)

10. Araris Valerian (Aurylass)

11. TJ Shade (Galatar)

12. The Young Pyromancer (Pyria Young)

13. Kynedath (Topaz)

14. Lord_Silberfarben (Brightlord Silberfarbenebrafreblis)

15. Magestar (Mantle)

16. Frozen Mint (Lyra)

17. Lahilt (Lahilt)

18. The_Truthwatcher (Jesbet)

19. Fifth Scholar (Lardre)

20. Devotary of Spontaneity (Sek)

21. Illwei

22. Sart (Sartsart)

23. Zillah (Tasse)

24. Ventyl

Spectator List:

Spoiler

1. Elandera

2. Mist

3. Karnage

4. Vapor

Quick Links:

Edited by Elandera

Oh how I wish I could join this. Sadly, I am going on vacation for most of July. So I'll take a spec doc. :) 
Edit: I guess I could be a pinch-hitter though, I could probably pull that off. Yeah.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Upon further examination of my vacation, it will not be as packed as I'd originally thought (thanks-no-thanks-COVID) buuuuut that means I can now fit this in :D So I'd like to switch over from spectator to player, if that's permitted. Character to come later.

42 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

I'll sign up for this one, it looks like a great game! Topaz is my name, and cartography is my game!

*cough*Hoid*cough*

Also, @Straw, what happens if someone makes a Knight Radiant a Squire?

14 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

*cough*Hoid*cough*

Wouldn't work. It's given in the original game. 

Is the Highstorm the only way to charge Stormlight? We have to resourcefully use 2 charges per 3 cycles?

Duration of Day and Night Turns?

59 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

*cough*Hoid*cough*

Heck! I didn't even know that Topaz was one of Hoid's names! Do you guys want me to change it? I can if it breaks immersion or anything.

1 hour ago, TJ Shade said:

Is the Highstorm the only way to charge Stormlight? We have to resourcefully use 2 charges per 3 cycles?

Duration of Day and Night Turns?

Yes and yes; I'm guessing 48/24 but Straw will have to confirm. 

On a similar housekeeping note, is there a vote minimum? What happens on ties? 

EDIT: @Kynedath we've had literal panda and stick characters, and much weirder names. :P Topaz does way less to break immersion than having to write a horse-shaped robot named UNIT 002. You're good. :P 

Edited by Elbereth

Spoiler

tribute.png.6c9fc5451209230806cc88fd8d278718.png

Busybusybusy irl because pandemic worklife balance does not exist, and I'm GMing, so yeah, I am gonna play it this way. Minimally active, et al. Sorry not sorry. Kamemesir signing up with less personality than a piece of squashed toilet roll cardboard (yep, been hoarding those.)

Just to be explicit (I trust y'all not gonna make me have to say this out loud again) : Anything in this game from me is gonna be a meme under a spoiler tag. Don't open it if you're saving bandwidth.

Edited by Kasimir