Has anyone noticed this before??

Late last night whilst rereading Oathbringer, I happened to stumble upon this (context: Kaladin is flying everyone to Kholinar):

King Elhokar was at the front. They couldn’t bring their suits of Shardplate; Lashings didn’t work on those. Instead, the king wore thick clothing and a strange kind of glass-fronted mask to block the wind. Shallan had suggested those; they were apparently naval equipment.

Page 601 US Hardback edition of Oathbringer (bold added)^^

Which of course reminded me of this:

[Dusk] hesitated, then forced himself to get out his new mask. It was a modern device he had acquired only two supply trips back: a glass faceplate with leather at the sides. He placed it on the water’s surface and leaned down looking into the depths. They became of clear to him as an undisturbed lagoon.

Page 482 of the US hardcover edition of Arcanum Unbounded (bold added).

Thoughts? WoBs? Tell me what you guys think! It may just be a throwaway line, or it could be evidence a hint that the Ones Above are from Roshar.

11 hours ago, SteelShaper said:

I agree with Mist, it's probably just parallel technological evolution, but I believe it has been theorized that the Ones Above might be Iriali, though I personally still think they are Scadrians from the far future.

Its also possible that it could be Scadrians with Rosharan technology, as there really are no limits on where the Ones Above have gone or how long they have had FTL.

5 minutes ago, Windrunner2319 said:

Its also possible that it could be Scadrians with Rosharan technology, as there really are no limits on where the Ones Above have gone or how long they have had FTL.

True, or maybe it's both! Sci-fi era Scadrians with the descendants of hitchhiking* Iriali.  

*Obligatory joke: "Wait, where's my book? Don't pretend you haven't seen it, it's the one with the big, calming yellow letters on it. I'm panicking and I need it to tell me not to!"

Edited by SteelShaper