I love Cosmere inside-jokes

Dawnbearer

Sadly, both of those people are slightly wrong, While Ralph does destroy, Ruin has the ability to create as well, as long as it is in line with his plan to destroy. Preservation cannot fix or create, only preserve what currently is.

9 hours ago, Chinkoln said:

Sadly, both of those people are slightly wrong, While Ralph does destroy, Ruin has the ability to create as well, as long as it is in line with his plan to destroy. Preservation cannot fix or create, only preserve what currently is.

Yeah I know, you're right, but I thought it was funny anyway. I thought of this during the 'Fungeon' scene where Felix tries to break the cell bars with his hammer, only to thicken them, and exclaim, "Why do I fix everything I touch!" It just reminded me of how they are polar opposites in that way, and how Felix cannot destroy, while Ralph tends to do so unintentionally all the time. So yeah, it's not perfect, but close enough to make me laugh a little.^_^
That said, I do think Preservation probably could strengthen or improve something if it meant preserving it, similar to how Ruin can create with the intent of destroying. So maybe the cell bar thing still makes sense. And in any case, Felix can't create so much as restore, which isn't quite the same a preserving but yeah.