Hi all

Advia

Hey thanks! I've read the cosmere, including White Sand. I would say favorite magic system is feruchemy, but I'm interested to read how Brandon intends to write how the magic systems will interact in future books. Like a duralumin misting who is able to bond with a spren being able to enhance their surgebinding and different combinations like that sounds appealing. 

Favorite books I would say Hero of Ages, Warbreaker, and Oathbringer in no particular order. Favorite characters are Vasher, Kelsier, and Dalinar. Szeth's up there too, tough to choose one right? 

Are those choices pretty common?

US covers for me, I live in Massachusetts but I do like seeing the international covers and different artwork. 

Favorite world is tough, but I will say Nalthis seems the most interesting to live in (apart from Era 2 Scadrial), and T’Telir reminds me of the city my wife and I got married in (Cartagena, Colombia), but Threnody seems the most interesting with the two continents and the mysterious evil. 

Before taking the quiz and given the choice I would prefer to be an Elsecaller so I’m happy that’s what I got on the quiz. 

I think Emperor’s Soul is his best novella, but other than that does Secret History count as a novella? If not then Shadows of Silence probably because of the eerie setting. 

Other than Sanderson I don’t read much fantasy, favorite author is Hemingway. Doing a re-read of mistborn era 1 now, and also a book by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. If you have recommendations for anything similar to Sanderson I’m all ears. I got into Sanderson because I love the concept of his 36 book outline of the cosmere and thought it sounded fun so I picked up mistborn and haven’t looked back.