Bands of Mourning Question-SPOILERS

Boomerang Guy

Soooooo, this might be  a stupid question but whatever. When/how did the Lord ruler (have the time to) forge the bands of Mourning into the Spear head? Didn't Vin Steel push the Bands out the window before he died in the Hero of Ages, or am I missing something?

Edited by McWafy

32 minutes ago, McWafy said:

When/how did the Lord ruler (have the time to) forge the bands of Mourning into the Spear head?

your not missing anything.

your'e actually asking the right questions.

Spoiler

the Lord Ruler never had anything to do with the creation of the Bands.

that was all Kelsier

13 minutes ago, Darkfinder said:
  Hide contents

He survived somehow got back into the physical realm possibly using hemalurgy and then somehow made the bands of mourning.

Is that canon? Or is that just a theory?

Spoiler

and how would he use hemalurgy ?  Sorry if that was a stupid thing to say.

According to this wob:

Questioner

In Bands of Mourning, we learned that the Sovereign, who they confused as being the Lord Ruler, came after the Catacendre. [He] was their god, was their king and god. And then Kelsier looking for a string. Is the spike somehow connecting Kelsier's soul to Spook's body.

Brandon Sanderson

No, good question. It is connecting his soul with his body, his current body, but it is not Spook's body. That's a great theory.

Arcanum Unbounded release party (Nov. 22, 2016)

So the spike through his eye I would say is like a staple holding his soul and that body together, hence the Hemalurgy. Once he was back alive, he could then go about much more easily conning people and using his magical "excisors" to create the Bands.

1 minute ago, Cheat Commando said:

So the spike through his eye I would say is like a staple holding his soul and that body together, hence the Hemalurgy. Once he was back alive, he could then go about much more easily conning people and using his magical "excisors" to create the Bands.

That's what I thought was happening but didn't think there was any WoBs conforming that thanks.

Edited by Darkfinder

I would assume from the end of "Secret History"...

Spoiler

I imagine this: 

Spook gets a corpse, Kelsier superimposes his soul with the corpse, Spook rams the spike through the eye, and therefore through Kelsier's eye as well. Bam, soul stapled.

He then through means unknown creates the Bands and starts the rumors, myths, and legends about the Bands, and everyone thinks they were the Lord Ruler's.

My thoughts.