Kelsier’s Body Theory

Kesamijr

11 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

Just gonna drop in and play devil's advocate for a moment.

We know the Pits and the Well are no more, but we don't know if that was an instantaneous process do we? Spook could have used one of those to "spike a ghost" if need be, and then Kelsier exits the Ettmetal pool at a later date. Though you guys do make a good point about Hoid and Khriss being in the North.

Do we know for certain that Steelsight is tied to an A-Steel/A-Iron spike, or if it's simply a consequence of having a spiked eye? You're definitely correct if it's the former, but his eye-spike could be any make and model if it's the latter. More likely to be Steel/Iron based on prior knowledge, but maybe not impossible to be something else.

We know that A-steel steals physical allomantic abilities. It’s on the official hemalurgy chart.

Edited by Koloss17
Darned autocucumber!

2 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

We know that A-steel steals physical allomantic abilities. It’s on the official hemalurgy chart.

I think you misunderstood me. I was asking about the concept of Steelsight. If it's tied to Hemalurgically granted A-Steel/A-Iron, then it's highly likely that his eye-spike grants one of those powers, and it'd be very clear what metal it is.

But if Steelsight is simply what happens when viewing the world through eyes of metal, then his eye-spike could be made of any metal and/or grant any power that works with the eye bind point.

As an aside, I believe you meant to say H-Steel?

14 hours ago, Aspiring Writer said:

It's not confirmed, though I would think that would be the case, as steel inquisitors had steel spikes for eyes, which I don't think is an accident,

Yea it's definitely more likely that it's a metal we already know works with eye bind-points, but Hemalurgy is a famously uncharted craft. It wouldn't surprise me if Brandon made this something new as set-up for further fleshing out the magic system when we learn how Kelsier did it.

1 hour ago, The One Who Connects said:

I think you misunderstood me. I was asking about the concept of Steelsight. If it's tied to Hemalurgically granted A-Steel/A-Iron, then it's highly likely that his eye-spike grants one of those powers, and it'd be very clear what metal it is.

But if Steelsight is simply what happens when viewing the world through eyes of metal, then his eye-spike could be made of any metal and/or grant any power that works with the eye bind point.

As an aside, I believe you meant to say H-Steel?

Yea it's definitely more likely that it's a metal we already know works with eye bind-points, but Hemalurgy is a famously uncharted craft. It wouldn't surprise me if Brandon made this something new as set-up for further fleshing out the magic system when we learn how Kelsier did it.

Steelsight does simply happen when seeing through A-steel or iron. It is stealable by H-tin, though. I believe inquisitors have steel in their eyes, but it might be iron.

4 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Yeah, but poin is, Kelsier dont need to be granted with A-Steel or A-Iron, because he is allready Mistborn. So he will have steelsight regardles, this spike can be made of any metal (I still think is most likely Duralumin).

40 minutes ago, Bzhydack said:

Yeah, but poin is, Kelsier dont need to be granted with A-Steel or A-Iron, because he is allready Mistborn. So he will have steelsight regardles, this spike can be made of any metal (I still think is most likely Duralumin).

Oooooh I get it now. That makes sense. Cuz it takes connection and all. Good theory!

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2020 at 0:03 AM, Elend Venture said:

And of course, the scars would be very simple to replicate in a kandra body. But then again, I feel that it is more likely than he used a human body as above posts suggest, since the scars remain integral to Kelsier's very being regardless of the body in which he resides.

I think his actual body is his bones in a mistwraith, with a "blessing" from a coinshot/inquisitor eye.

Spoiler

Do we need to spoil stuff?  Ten Soon carries the bones back from Urteau, which there's really no other reason for doing.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 11:01 PM, GeoMantrix said:

I think his actual body is his bones in a mistwraith, with a "blessing" from a coinshot/inquisitor eye.

Hide contents

Do we need to spoil stuff?  Ten Soon carries the bones back from Urteau, which there's really no other reason for doing.  

Marsh loses one of his eye spikes in HoA and we don't know necessarily this was the one he got back. Considering the close connection between the two could this have helped facilitate Kelsier's return? Might also explain why Kelsier has the one eye spike, Marsh could have obtained another eye spike elsewhere

Edited by LordFlea

Yeah I'm wondering if there's some way that Kelsier's cognitive shadow is able to inhabit Marsh's body maybe (possibly using Marsh's spikes to gain access, and maybe with help from their Connection). I believe there's a WOB saying that the sovereign's eye spike is on the opposite side from the side of Marsh's skull that got crushed, indicating that the sovereign is in Marsh's body (or else has a body that mirrors his for some unknown reason). And possibly the reason the sovereign had scars on his arms in the vision is spirit web stuff, similar to how returned in Stormlight have the same patterns on their skin regardless of body they're inhabiting.

31 minutes ago, codebreaker42 said:

Yeah I'm wondering if there's some way that Kelsier's cognitive shadow is able to inhabit Marsh's body maybe (possibly using Marsh's spikes to gain access, and maybe with help from their Connection). I believe there's a WOB saying that the sovereign's eye spike is on the opposite side from the side of Marsh's skull that got crushed, indicating that the sovereign is in Marsh's body (or else has a body that mirrors his for some unknown reason). And possibly the reason the sovereign had scars on his arms in the vision is spirit web stuff, similar to how returned in Stormlight have the same patterns on their skin regardless of body they're inhabiting.

It’s entirely possible that the Spike just stores Connection to the Physical Realm. Once he had that, it’s possible Kell could just transition to the Physical Realm, manifesting a body on the way.

Removing that Spike would probably leave him trapped between realms and in a great deal of pain though.