Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kesamijr

Kelsier’s Body Theory

12 posts in this topic

Spoiler

So I’ve seen a bunch of posts about Kelsier’s body in BoM and if it’s a Kandra or his physical body somehow, and I was wondering if we have any evidence it’s actually his body beyond just the scars on the arms? Cuz as I was thinking about it Kelsier’s arm scars seem pretty integral to his self concept (like Kaladin’s slave brands) and so seem like they’re something that would appear on any body he inhabited as a cognitive shadow. Given that we also know that Kelsier is a very well controlled psychopath it seems plausible to me that it might just be someone else’s body (like maybe a feruchemists which would explain the new feruchemical abilities) that he’s just Hemalurgically (?) physical connection from! Thoughts? Is this plausible?

I agree that the scars are probably integral to his Identity at this point, but I don't know how the "cut a soul from its body" part would work. The body has an Identity as well. And even if he somehow managed to bodysnatch, would Feruchemical power be intrinsic to the body? If the Cognitive shadow's Identity overwrites the body's appearance, surely it would overwrite the body's capabilities. 

3 hours ago, Gears said:

I agree that the scars are probably integral to his Identity at this point, but I don't know how the "cut a soul from its body" part would work. The body has an Identity as well. And even if he somehow managed to bodysnatch, would Feruchemical power be intrinsic to the body? If the Cognitive shadow's Identity overwrites the body's appearance, surely it would overwrite the body's capabilities. 

That depends. Cosmere healing (the magically-superhealing kind) is based on Cognitive Self-Perception filtering your Spiritual Ideal self. So yes, if Kelsier had access to F-Gold during TFE, he probably would regenerate the scar tissue instead of fresh skin.

In the case of OP's suggestion, Identity is part of the spiritweb, hence why F-Aluminum is a Spiritual Feruchemical metal. As is Hemalurgic Duralumin, which can steal Connection and/or Identity, so Kelsier probably could manage something wack like that. I mean he figured out Medallions, and he's one of the best Mistborn, so obviously he's very clever with the Metallic Arts.

And of course, the scars would be very simple to replicate in a kandra body. But then again, I feel that it is more likely than he used a human body as above posts suggest, since the scars remain integral to Kelsier's very being regardless of the body in which he resides.

I think Kelsier indeed was brought back into Ferruchemist Body. We saw other Cognitive Shadows merged into bodies, but we didnt see CS merged with usage of Hemalurgy. Hemalurgy dont erase Body/Soul/Mind features, it also dont overrite them, like it is with Fused. Hemalurgy Adds new features, adds new part into the Soul. So if we spike dead body of Ferruchemist with spike with CS, we will have Body with features of this body merged with features of this Shadow. We even saw something similar, on smaller scale - when someone is using translating medalions, he is able to talk perfectly in maching lands language, but he stil has accent - because his body/mind knows, that he is not from there. Body has added new and old features (what is other evidence that Medalions are similar to Hemalurgy)

So, this is my crazy theory. What if Kelsier used The Lord Rulers Body? This will explain why he is known in the South as Ruler, as well as Ferruchemy. Kelsier also has Connection to TLR. I dont remember, what happend to TLR Body, but this can explain many things.

2 hours ago, Bzhydack said:

Hemalurgy dont erase Body/Soul/Mind features, it also dont overrite them, like it is with Fused. 

It does if you use aluminum.

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

It does if you use aluminum.

Yeah, but aluminum is wierd. Normaly, it doesnt.

7 minutes ago, Bzhydack said:

Yeah, but aluminum is wierd. Normaly, it doesnt.

The Koloss end up stupid.

3 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

The Koloss end up stupid.

But this was more sideffect of too many additions. It should be understandable that some additions can have negative effect.

Yeah lots of possibilities of what the body could have originated as. My theory is that he started as a Mistwraith in a surprisingly ethical use of Hemalurgy.

The real tricky question is where did the spike come from/how was it made?

14 minutes ago, Grytorm said:

The real tricky question is where did the spike come from/how was it made?

If I recall correctly, did he not ask Spook to look into the Inquisitor’s spikes? Using two of those on a Mistwraith would be ethical. 

1 hour ago, Innovation said:

If I recall correctly, did he not ask Spook to look into the Inquisitor’s spikes? Using two of those on a Mistwraith would be ethical. 

I was more just wondering on what they did with the Inquisitor spikes and the details of how Kelsier was attached. Did Spook find a way to stab a ghost or something?