Anarchy Incorporated

Gears

Damon strode up to the building in which they were supposed to meet, mentally going over his to do list for the evening. His phone call with the Anarchist had gone well, it looked like he had a deal, but now to get some more details and to prove at least some degree of loyalty it was certainly necessary to arrive in person as well. He would need to secure either a target or a VIP to protect, payment, and, assuming this "Anarchist" was like any of his other clients, some informants to further communicate through, it made the jobs significantly more difficult to track if you were a conner. Then Damon would look around covertly for who else this mysterious client was employing, of course his business was his own, as was that of his clients, but Damon couldn't help but wonder. If all went smoothly he would thereafter return to his tavern to plan the hit (or whatever it was supposed to be).

Damon opened the door and greeted the now somewhat infamous but enigmatic man, "The Anarchist".

@Gears

Edited by Elend Venture

• 2 months later...
Just now, Scarletfox said:

Hm? Oh, it was so long ago Damon probably moved on, I was just bringing your attention to that-- are the Anarchists still a thing at all?

Elend left the Shard and gave Damon to me. The Anarchists can still be a thing if you want them to be a thing. Just add an offscreen time skip or something. Perhaps we should move to the secret Anarchists PM?

3 minutes ago, Gears said:

Elend left the Shard and gave Damon to me. The Anarchists can still be a thing if you want them to be a thing. Just add an offscreen time skip or something. Perhaps we should move to the secret Anarchists PM?

Oof! How did I miss that? Oh well, I was just wondering because the Shadow is out there doing anarchist like things, and I was wondering if interactions with Anarchists was something to anticipate.

And perhaps we should move to the secret Anarchists PM :ph34r:

Edited by Scarletfox

• 1 month later...

The troops moved smartly towards the dodgy looking building, they were mostly for show, so they had been ordered to move loudly, and stupidly.

The real army came from behind, or as close as you can get to a 'behind' in an alley.

Among them, like a rather strange king, walked Lord-Son-Son-Son-Silberfarben.

The battered wooden door was opened forcefully, and Lord strode into the building.

@Gears

@kenod

The Anarchist spun slowly in a swivel chair, listening to the marching footsteps of Lord's army. Though an order for a camera system had been placed, it had yet to arrive, so the Anarchist was fighting blind. There was not much to be done here. The building had fail-deadly traps, but that depended on Lord and his army being stupid enough to either cut the power or stumble into the traps. Besides, the remote activation protocol hadn't been completed yet. Something to be fixed for the next lair.

The Anarchist quickly began parsing courses of action. Escape. Front door: Nonviable, blocked by Lord's army, will be caught. Back door: Nonviable, blocked by Lord's army, will be caught. Window: Semiviable, obvious, no way to lock from outside. Smokescreen? Distractions? Escape nonviable. Engage. Traps: Semiviable, activated on contact. Fighting: Semiviable, subpar, many enemies. Guerrilla warfare: Viable, limited space.

The Anarchist picked up a stapler and judged it. It was green with swirling tracks of gold over its surface. After a moment of pondering, the Anarchist pocketed the staples and grabbed some more supplies. When the desk was completely ransacked, the Anarchist quickly ducked out of the room and entered a side hallway with significantly more explosives in the framing and several traps. 

Come and get me, the Anarchist snarled mentally. Just try.

The army wouldn't know what hit them.

@Lord_Silberfarben

Shade heard the many footsteps, and her face grew dark. She wondered how they had found them, but it wouldn't matter in this case. All that mattered would be getting out alive herself. She focused slightly, masking herself as well as she could, before taking out her knife. She wondered if she should seek the Anarchist, but rejected that idea quickly. She wouldn't be of much help, and she wasn't interested in dying for someone else. If he could get out she could seek him out again, and if he didn't, well, then she was done here and could leave. Besides, it wasn't as if he'd start looking for her either.

Would they be here?

would they have trapped the building?

so many questions, and only one way to find out.

His scouts were already entering the building. They wore street clothes and the only thing they had in common is that they were prepared to die.

well...

Not of their own volition, they thought nothing was there...

But Lord was prepared for them to die anyways.

The first one was already opening the door.

@Gears

@kenod

they are you NPCs now, kill them however you want.

On 1/16/2021 at 10:26 PM, Lord_Silberfarben said:

The first one was already opening the door.

As the first few scouts walked through the door, they set off a good number of the pressure plates. These were anti-personnel mines, and they would explode after the pressure was removed. As they continued moving forwards, the floor exploded in a blast of wood, stone, metal, and flames. Several were torn apart by the blast. Many more were thrown by the shock wave. Only those who had not yet entered the building were still intact. A few fled the premises, but the majority continued carefully across the ruined floor. Then one brushed against the wall. As they moved away, the plate released, and the wall exploded. By now, the air was filled with smoke, dust, and rubble, and the remaining scouts had to cover their noses and mouths to breathe. But still, they marched on, avoiding the walls and floors, a single command burning in their minds. Search.

The Anarchist watched them stumble through the building, nearly blinded by the smoke and choking on dust. They were using the strategy of leaving chunks of rubble on the plates to prevent them from exploding, but they still ran into the occasional direct explosion. But they had managed to enter a few of the side halls, much to the Anarchist's delight. Broken, battered, and bleeding, the scouts were not prepared to face the Anarchist directly. The vanguard was marching through a narrow hallway, so the Anarchist tossed the stapler at a nearby wall, triggering yet another explosion. Maybe the Anarchist should have invested in sleeping gas instead of explosives, but then again, a style was a style. 

The remaining scouts turned towards the Anarchist and advanced, still choking on dust and ash. But this was the Anarchist's domain, and all was under control. The effective range of a grenade is further than a person can throw it, so the Anarchist chucked a few at the scouts and sprinted away. That took care of the bulk of the scouts, but there were still a few more. The Anarchist drew a sword from its sheath and prepared for battle. 

"Come and find me!" the Anarchist shouted. "Come and die!"

A single scout entered the vicinity apprehensively, holding no weapon. Lord had not given them weapons. In response, the Anarchist slid the sword into her heart. More scouts came, and more scouts died. The Anarchist walked out the front door, covered in dust and blood and bits of shattered rock. No great loss. It had been time for renovations anyways.

I am so sorry for not responding to this. I saw it last week, made a mental note, and promptly forgot all about it. 

In these situations i don't know whether to wait for the other person or not :P

not kenod's fault, im just insecure.

On 1/24/2021 at 2:10 AM, Gears said:

The Anarchist walked out the front door, covered in dust and blood and bits of shattered rock. No great loss. It had been time for renovations anyways.

"Hello! my good friend!" said Lord as the rather sooty figure of the Anarchist emerged from the building.

Lord appeared to be alone, but to the trained eye(and the untrained eye deserved what it got.) Lord was the opposite of alone. or you could say he was so purposefully alone that the aloneness was what hid in the shadows of the alleys, and not a variety of snipers and soldiers.

@Gears

Shade waited as two of the scouts walked past her, before stabbing both in the back, neither of them aware of her presence before they felt the knife. She stepped back again when a set of explosions suddenly rocked the building, and she wondered if it was the Anarchist or some traps he had set up. She really hoped it was the first, since otherwise she'd have trouble getting out of this place alive without setting off something herself.

She sighed, staying where she was, for now. Better to wait a little bit longer, let the scouts trigger all the traps before heading out herself.

Cole cursed as an explosion sounded nearby. 

“Just my luck,” he thought, “The one day that I work up the courage to join a secret Anarchist Organization some lunatic has to go and blow stuff up.”

His instincts told him that he should hide like any other half-brained low life in the region but no, this was too important.  So Cole pressed on until he finally made it and found that the Anarchists were under attack. 

“Rusts”

Shade wandered through the building, still hiding her presence, stumbling across the various maimed corpses the Anarchist had left behind. It seemed like the safest road to her, since all the traps would have already gone off, most likely. Quietly she left the building, nobody paying attention to her. When she started to get some distance she noticed a young man entering the area, and she tilted her head, somewhat curious why someone would be running straight at a place multiple explosions just went off, let alone be agitated by them.

"And who are you?" She asked as she walked past him, dropping her concealment somewhat.

5 hours ago, kenod said:

"And who are you?" She asked as she walked past him, dropping her concealment somewhat.

Cole jumped as he heard a voice next to him, “I’m just a small nobody just passing by looking for um… nothing. Yeah, nothing.” 

Cole started backing away from the sound of the voice while pulling out a vial of metal. This was sloppy, he should have downed one before he came too close. in case he met someone dangerous and needed a quick escape like perhaps this voice. Where did this voice come from anyways? Well the only thing left for him to do was perhaps find out what happened here and where the voice was before it decided to kill him.

“You wouldn’t know what happened here would you?” he said, preparing to dive away from the voice and down the vial in a moment's notice.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Tani said:

Is this one of the currently active threads?

How many places can Vis be at once?

Currently, the main active thread is the Eindalung hospital. I haven't kept track of all the Alleyverse character so I don't know if anyone has a character here right now, but I do know that no one's posted on it in a while. Sorry; you caught us at a bit of a lull. 

If you want to get involved with the RP right now, probably the best way to do that is to figure out a reason to join the main plot. Right now we're infiltrating the hospital. Does your character have any reason to be either admitted there or investigating strange memories?