Anarchy Incorporated

Gears

At the end of an Alleyway, a nondescript building a haphazard sign hung above the door. 

Anarchy Incorporated
Bringing down organisations

Inside the building, there is a desk, and behind that desk, there is a swivel chair that spins around to reveal a person wearing a dark brown trenchcoat, scuffed boots, a feathered tricorne hat, a faded scarf, hobo gloves, and a black cloak. The outfit would have looked strange on anyone else, but somehow this individual pulled it off. A metal nameplate indicates that this person is named "The Anarchist".

Does anyone want to join a plot? [I got the all-clear to plot to bring down the guilds, so...]

2 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

I'd have to introduce a new character to the Alleyverse before I joined, but do you maybe want a secretary who you think is dumb and naive but really is a murderess?

I would love a secretary. 

7 minutes ago, Gears said:

I would love a secretary. 

Awesome! (She's just been an idea up until now, I'll work on writing her profile, then I have to get her approved into the Alleyverse, but then she'll come for a job.)

7 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Insert lifeleech Epic here

Just now, Lord_Silberfarben said:

Hmm, I am sure Lord would not like this plot, but I have a character who would be very interested.

I will make an introduction post later.

his name is Iza, a singer in stormform.

Happy to have you both! 

Edited by Gears

Minor note: Tyrian may end up causing a lot of chaos around the city, especially if that's what Silas is planning to do. I doubt you could recruit Tyrian, but monitoring his movements may... shall we say, open up opportunities...

Just now, Ashbringer said:

Minor note: Tyrian may end up causing a lot of chaos around the city, especially if that's what Silas is planning to do. I doubt you could recruit Tyrian, but monitoring his movements may... shall we say, open up opportunities...

Wonderful. I look forward to observing this chaotic individual.

Mike is definitely interested in anything that leaves him with some money.

He also is a native to the city with a few underground connections (mostly blackmarket so that he can sell what he steals), so he could be helpful acquiring whatever tools/ materials we need.

@Gears

Actually I just changed my mind. You can always recruit Mike if you want to, but bringing down the guilds is just perfect for another character of mine and I haven't gotten around to writing her this Era at all. This will be fun. :D

Lena opened her bag and removed a lengthy box. A smile spread on her face when she looked forward to its contents. It had been a while. If she was honest with herself, it had been far too long. There were rumors in the city, rumors about a new corporation and its goals - she grinned when she considered the rumors again. Bringing down the guilds. Ambitious. But she liked ambitious.

Ever since they'd planted that bomb at the government and robbed Alleyzon she'd been bored. The attack on the city had been a nice diversion, but with Mart save at the Forge with Alask and Eve looking after him as well, she was free to do what she wanted to. She had considered poisoning the water supply several times, but in the end it was boring. She knew that it would work. There was no challenge in that at all.

Walking up to the building she opened the door without bothering to knock on it first. It was time for some fun, time to get things going in this boring city. They could start with a smaller guild, something to train themselves with and then, after a while they could move on, to a larger one, to a more challenging one. Just like Alleyzon had been. She was still grinning when she entered the office, took in the man behind the desk. His clothing was absurd, but she didn't care about such details. His eyes, his eyes looked the right way, and she definitely applauded his choice of name. A good name was a good start.

"Hello." she greeted him and set her box down on his desk. It would be interesting to see what he chose. The left one was safe, made with good ingredients and with a little bit of chocolate in the middle. Thin and slightly cripsy, she absolutely loved this type and made sure to only use the best oil when baking them.

The right one, was a little more special. Harmless as well, but she'd added a some almonds to cover up on the taste of the cyanid inside. Just a slight hint, to add a little special taste. She'd been careful to lace it both with the cyanide and the corresponding antidote, spiraling around each other in two beautiful spirals. Eating it wouldn't kill you, but it lead to an interesting experience. Slight dizzyness, a little numbness in your mouth. Interesting, but harmless. She planned to eat it after all. The man was far too interesting to be offered a real one. Those she kept for later, for boring ones, or for him - should he proove a disappointment. You never knew. Sometimes the most boring people hid behind the most fascinating names.

Smiling brightly at him, brushed her long, dark red curls back over her shoulders as she leaned forward and placed her hat on the table. As usual she wore a dark set of pants and a long sleeved light shirt. Her long, dark coat was held together by a thicker belt wrapped around her waist and thig, secured by a simple buckle. She liked the sleeves of her coat, they were a lot longer than her hands and she had to fold them back, secure them with a few buttons to keep them in place.

"Would you care for a pancake?"

@Gears

Edited by Sorana

I do have trouble imagining Iza just randomly joining this...

do you suppose you could pick him out of the street or something?

he was just left here by worldhoppers, who left him with someone(could be you!) they knew would take care of him...

and who would pay good money for his abilities

Why does all the activity happen after I go to sleep? Do I just live in the most inconvenient timezone for RP? Happy to have all of you, and I think I'll be starting the plot.

11 hours ago, Sorana said:

"Would you care for a pancake?"

"Why thank you," the Anarchist said, taking the one that appeared to be covered in almonds, biting into it and smiling at the taste. Almonds were superior to other nuts because of their ability to disguise cyanide, though nothing could disguise the taste of hydroxocobalamin that laced the pancake as well. "Poison and antidote in one meal, wonderful stuff." The room spun and the Anarchist's mouth went numb as the pancake was devoured, but it faded and everything went back to normal.

The Anarchist stood up and walked in front of the desk. "Welcome, one and all, to Anarchy Incorporated. This will be a place to plot, to collude, to destroy. The guilds have had their reign over this beautiful city for too long. For nearly all of its existence, the Alleycity has been ravaged by the Guilds and their wars. No more. No longer. We are going to bring them down."

A wave of a hand summoned the ever faithful secretary, Rosaleine. "Rosie, get these lovely individuals registered while I keep talking."

"Now, the first step will be infiltration. We must gain as much information as possible concerning the inner workings of the guilds. Preferably, the Guilds can destroy themselves when we cause some minor disputes. Of course, we can always go about assassination or explosions of major areas or things of that sort if infiltration goes sour. Depending on how successful infiltration is, we'll continue from there. Pick a Guild you want to infiltrate and put that on your registration forms."

9 hours ago, kenod said:

Ooh, Poison!

If you need an assassin you could try recruiting Shade. She's a somewhat insane psychopathic assassin with the ability to make it near impossible to notice her.

I'll keep it in mind. Do I need to do anything special to recruit her or just talk to her?

6 hours ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

I do have trouble imagining Iza just randomly joining this...

do you suppose you could pick him out of the street or something?

he was just left here by worldhoppers, who left him with someone(could be you!) they knew would take care of him...

and who would pay good money for his abilities

Options: 1. The worldhoppers genuinely left Iza with me, so you're in the back room right now and could just come out. 2. You saw a lot of people entering this building and followed them without reading the sign, so you're hiding in a corner trying to learn what's going on. 3. You actually did intend to join after reading the sign, which means you're walking through the door right now.

@DramaQueen

Edited by Gears
DA doesn't exist.

20 minutes ago, kenod said:

For recruiting Shade, she's currently a Ghostblood, so maybe Sorana could get her some kind of job to investigate rumors about the group, at which point you can convince her to switch sides?

Okay. I'll keep that in mind during infiltration.

42 minutes ago, kenod said:

For recruiting Shade, she's currently a Ghostblood, so maybe Sorana could get her some kind of job to investigate rumors about the group, at which point you can convince her to switch sides?

Sure. We could also negotiate a treate between the Ghostbloods and the Incorporation and she acts as some kind of liason. The GBs don't really care about any other guilds as long as they're paid, so they theoretically could act as some kind of tool as well. The Incorporation's long term goal could be to betray them, but until they have ressources of their own, they use them? Just an idea, I have to admit, given the fact that we can change it all when we turn our timeline back to normal we can go pretty crazy here.

========

Sometimes it's funny how I'm surprised by some character's skill. I mean I approve nearly every character, and then I meet them in rp and I'm surprised by some of the things they do. I'd completely forgotten the Anarchist knew about poisons, so sorry if I double your concept a little? Lena rarely does anything else, I dumped nearly all her points into poison and potion mixing.

Lena listened to his words and pursed her lips in thought. Infiltrate a guild, well at least it started interesting. It was rare to find someone able to pick the cyanide out - the conclusion that she had included the antidote was logical, but still. She was a master of her craft. Her smile widened to a grin. Very interesting. She really needed to try out some others, if he took the fact alone in stride. Maybe she had found someone who knew how to appreciate the good things in live.

"Are you sure it's wise to have everybody split up like that?" she asked and reached for the remaining pancake. Heaven. The chocolate melted in her mouth when she bit down and swallowed after chewing. It had turned out good. But then, everything turned out tasty when you added chocolate. Except for stew. Stew and chocolate just didn't go along well.

She hopped onto his table and sat down, legs dangling in the air. "Why not pick a target first, and then deal with that one?" she suggested. "Get the team a chance to get to know each other, their strengths, who to rely on in what situation." Who to leave behind when things got tricky. Who to get rid of in case of an emergency. Who to frame to take the blame while the others got away. She eyes the Anarchist, curious to see how long he would prevail. Their old guild, nearly everybody had vanished, had been swallowed by the city. Alask was still around, Zyn crawling through the shadows, but everybody else. People came and people went. And only sometimes did they need some help going a liitle more quickly than they intended.

"There are what, thirty, maybe fourty guilds in this city? I wouldn't wonder about the Dark Alley. If they exists, they don't care about what's going on, or at least they don't act? Better to focus on a guild we know for sure they exist." Pensively she took another bite of her pancake. "The Scholar's guild is full of harmless idiots. They should be rather easy to take out of the game. Or maybe the Farriers? Heard they called themselves after some old Scadial gang. Once we've dealt with a couple of them, we could steal their insignia and then place them at their enemies place, leaving destruction behind. They will attack their enemies and we can lean back."

She grinned again. "Or we wait until someone hosts a ball of some sorts. And then simply take out whoever attends. That should be enough to start a conflict on a larger scale."

@Gears

I didn't adress anybody else, because I wanted to give you a chance to introduce your characters first.

"You make some good points, but once we attack a Guild, the rest will know of our plans. They'll at least be wary of new members. Infiltration must happen first. Once we know more we can finalise our plans. However, we can destroy a few of the minor guilds as a teambuilding exercise." The Anarchist tapped the desk thoughtfully. "The Scholar's Guild is strictly neutral with no enemies. We won't be able to pin the blame on someone else. The Farriars, you say? Might be a good place to start."

@Sorana

As the new members listened to her boss's speech, Rosaleine handed out forms for them to fill out, but no writing utensils until someone asked.

"Oh! Sorry." she whispered, pulling three pencils from her hair in one motion, handing those out as well. The fact that she had so many pencils in her hair confused everyone, including her. But then, most things confused her.

Whispering from the side, so as not to interrupt the discussion, she said, "just fill out that form, then when you leave for the day, leave the forms on my desk." before wandering away.

4 hours ago, Gears said:

"Now, the first step will be infiltration. We must gain as much information as possible concerning the inner workings of the guilds. Preferably, the Guilds can destroy themselves when we cause some minor disputes. Of course, we can always go about assassination or explosions of major areas or things of that sort if infiltration goes sour. The problem is the Dark Alley. This guild is a shadowy figure that is a complete unknown. We desperately need information about them. Depending on how successful infiltration is, we'll continue from there. Pick a Guild you want to infiltrate and put that on your registration forms."

@DramaQueen

FYI, the Dark Alley is not a known guild this Era. They exist as more of mythological boogeyman. They live within the Alleys which aren't widely known or explored this Era. And even if you did know they existed, infiltration would be impossible - there are spikes given to all new members to guarantee loyalty. 

1 minute ago, 18th Shard said:

FYI, the Dark Alley is not a known guild this Era. They exist as more of mythological boogeyman. They live within the Alleys which aren't widely known or explored this Era. And even if you did know they existed, infiltration would be impossible - there are spikes given to all new members to guarantee loyalty. 

Edited OP to remove that sentence.

• 3 weeks later...

It has been a very, very long time. Sorry for the double post, but this is completely unrelated to the above post, so I think it's alright.

I've been waiting for people to introduce themselves [only one person has, sadly] and to finalise the plan. This has not happened. It seems that I must do everything myself [I'm not upset, that's a reference [I've found that it is best to make these sorts of things clear. Several friendships have crashed and burned because no one understands my sense of humour.]]. Silber has made a guild to be destroyed. We shall progress now. 

Also, given that no one [besides Sorana and my secretary] has done an introduction post, I will simply tag everyone in the PM. If you are not in the PM because I forgot you or overlooked you for some unknown reason, yell at me. 

Also also, I technically don't know about the trader's guild with Hemalurgy, but I will know because Cassandra will tell me, so just let it happen because it makes a nice speech. 

The Anarchist turned towards the group, dropping the smile. "This is your last chance to leave. Are you in or are you out? I'll let you walk out the door freely, but once you're in, there is no escape. There's a trader's guild that's been dealing in Hemalurgy. Mass infiltration, then obliteration. Do you want to back away?"

@DramaQueen @bees? @Sorana @Invocation @Lord_Silberfarben @Ashbringer @kenod

19 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Can I be in the PM just to watch? I don’t think I can RP this era, but this sounds really fun. 

Sure. I don't know how to kick people out of PMs anyways, so go ahead and lurk like a creepy stalker.