Hello everyone!

Hello, sorta new here. Iv stopped by a few times to figure some things out but mostly avoided it because i didnt want to be spoiled by anything lol. Ive only read the Stormlight series so far and just started Warbreaker yesterday. With the 10th anniversary release happening and the new novella coming with it i figured now would be a good time to join this awesome community!

Welcome! If there are spoilers for other books in the stormlight forum people will generally hide them in spoiler tags, but you might want to be careful still ( : 

Way of kings is my favorite in stormlight too! I generally prefer the fist book of series. 

Thank you everyone for the welcoming! Sorry for the delayed response.

18 hours ago, Hentient said:

Welcome! If there are spoilers for other books in the stormlight forum people will generally hide them in spoiler tags, but you might want to be careful still ( : 

Way of kings is my favorite in stormlight too! I generally prefer the fist book of series. 

I will be sure to hide any potential spoilers, i know that fear all to well lol. Im glad to see im not the only one who has preferred the 1st in the series. They have all been amazing though! 

18 hours ago, Adran Oathbreaker said:

Hello, hello. Welcome to the Shard! Have you taken the quiz? If yes, which Order do you belong, and does it satisfy your preference? 

Hello! i have taken a quiz, idk if it is "The" quiz though. ill take a look at the one on this site. The one i have taken was linked to in the 10th anniversary kickstarter. That one placed me as 69% Skybreaker followed by 67% windrunner and i am happy with that outcome. My brother accused me of cheating to land on windrunner lol but i did no such thing.

17 hours ago, Honorless said:

Hello! Welcome to the Shard! How did you discover Sanderson?

I was first introduced to Sanderson's works by my brother who has been a long time avid reader. i believe he wanted me to start with the Mistborn series first but i decided to go with Stormlight instead. I have yet to read Mistborn but it is certainly on my TBR!

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

Welcome! I like your name!

Thanks! When i got the PS4 (dont worry i have an xbox and a PC so no arguing which is better from me lol) I swear I spent an like 2 hours running through my usual user names and trying to come up with something new but everything i tried was taken and i was getting frustrated and tried FinitePatience and it went through. Turns out I really liked it and now its my new go to name lol. In games people try to shorten it to "Patience", and im just thinking actually its quite the opposite lol. im no rage'er though, Just like the name!

On 16.7.2020 at 2:21 AM, FinitePatience said:

Thanks! When i got the PS4 (dont worry i have an xbox and a PC so no arguing which is better from me lol) I swear I spent an like 2 hours running through my usual user names and trying to come up with something new but everything i tried was taken and i was getting frustrated and tried FinitePatience and it went through. Turns out I really liked it and now its my new go to name lol. In games people try to shorten it to "Patience", and im just thinking actually its quite the opposite lol. im no rage'er though, Just like the name!

You sound like my brother, he honestly tried to go with "PositiveVibesOnly" as his name at one point - I think he managed a couple of games of DotA2 before he went back to his salty self! :rolleyes:

Welcome!