How much did Raoden's illusion affect?

When Raoden disguises himself as Kaloo, did the illusion also affect his voice? Or was his voice the same? Or did he actually speak differently? I'm assuming it was probably not the same as his normal voice, otherwise at least Sarene would have recognized him immediately.

27 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

When Raoden disguises himself as Kaloo, did the illusion also affect his voice? Or was his voice the same? Or did he actually speak differently? I'm assuming it was probably not the same as his normal voice, otherwise at least Sarene would have recognized him immediately.

His voice was the same.

he was trying to mimic Galladons accent though

Edited by Eternal Khol

2 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

His voice was the same.

he was trying to mimic Galladons accent though

He considered that, but his accent was really bad, and people would have seen through it, so he didn't use the accent. If his voice was the same, how did Sarene not recognize it?

2 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

He considered that, but his accent was really bad, and people would have seen through it, so he didn't use the accent. If his voice was the same, how did Sarene not recognize it?

Does the Reod affect your voice box?

5 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

Does the Reod affect your voice box?

Even if it did, Sarene heard Raoden/Spirit as an Elantrian before, and under the Kaloo disguise, he was still an Elantrian, so his voice would have sounded the same to Sarene. Unless something changed it.

1 minute ago, Honorless said:

It's possible that Aon Shao could do this, but Raoden was not knowledgeable enough to be able to do that

So, it was just his normal voice? Or does he have some voice acting skills that we don't know about? Not the accent of course, but maybe he realistically lowered or highered his voice?

Checking the book nothing is stated about his voice but he could be putting on a voice as well as vastly changing his speech patterns. As for Serene not recognizing him she hadn't known him that long and she was not expecting Raoden to be out of Elantris so she did not realize it was him.

But theirs nothing in the text stating that Aon Shao can affect voices but if they can and he knew how to change his voice that I would assume that he did change his voice.

Edited by Darkfinder

It's also possible that she just didn't make the connection. I know she's smart, and that she spent a lot of time talking with him in Elantris, but there was no reason for her to think that Spirit was the same guy as this foolish Dula.

Additionally, I clicked the third link in your signature. Very disappointed. Very. : P

Edited by Illwei

13 hours ago, Illwei said:

It's also possible that she just didn't make the connection. I know she's smart, and that she spent a lot of time talking with him in Elantris, but there was no reason for her to think that Spirit was the same guy as this foolish Dula.

Additionally, I clicked the third link in your signature. Very disappointed. Very. : P

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I laughed at your signature. I love it.

Do you really sing and dance? Do you do theatre?

1 hour ago, DramaQueen said:

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I laughed at your signature. I love it.

Do you really sing and dance? Do you do theatre?

Not so much right now...hehe...he...

...sigh

Thanks lol

1 minute ago, DramaQueen said:

But did you? Is that something you're interested in?

Yes, sorry, I failed to clarify the lack of theatre in my life is because of corona right now.

Edited by Illwei
I'm dumb

Wow, what a wonderfully relevant thread to discuss this in! XD

Umm...Thinking of a Favorite musical is kinda hard, as it usually changes to Whichever one I'm working on at The Moment. (and that once someone asks, all the musicals I know immediately leave my mind.) Recently though I've been listening to a lot of Finding Neverland. also The Lightning Thief but we don't talk about that one.

Edited by Illwei

37 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Wow, what a wonderfully relevant thread to discuss this in! XD

Umm...Thinking of a Favorite musical is kinda hard, as it usually changes to Whichever one I'm working on at The Moment. (and that once someone asks, all the musicals I know immediately leave my mind.) Recently though I've been listening to a lot of Finding Neverland. also The Lightning Thief but we don't talk about that one.

Why don't we talk about The Lightning Thief?

Have you seen this version of Good Kid? It is sooo good! 

1 minute ago, DramaQueen said:

Why don't we talk about The Lightning Thief?

Have you seen this version of Good Kid? It is sooo good! 

That kinda makes me want to see an age appropriate cast do the show.

Idk, TLT isn't my...guilty pleasure? really, but my sibling constantly teased me and hated on the show (up until recently and they got obsessed with George Salazar after also hating BMC lol) so I kind of got in the habit of being ashamed of liking it lol. It's one of the shows on my list of "I want to be in the show as a principle but also just really want to be in the show in general and would kill to be in the ensemble or even on Tech"

Just now, Illwei said:

That kinda makes me want to see an age appropriate cast do the show.

Idk, TLT isn't my...guilty pleasure? really, but my sibling constantly teased me and hated on the show (up until recently and they got obsessed with George Salazar after also hating BMC lol) so I kind of got in the habit of being ashamed of liking it lol. It's one of the shows on my list of "I want to be in the show as a principle but also just really want to be in the show in general and would kill to be in the ensemble or even on Tech"

Don't you DARE be ashamed of what you enjoy!

Also, maybe we should take this conversation elsewhere. 

Just now, DramaQueen said:

Don't you DARE be ashamed of what you enjoy!

Also, maybe we should take this conversation elsewhere. 

I have no clue what you mean, this has absolutely everything to do with... *scrolls to the top* er- Raoden and his...Kaloo disguise?...yep.