Guys, Can We Stop

AonEne

Can we not spam a ton of X post wins topics? TLPW is really enough, we didn't need any more - they all do basically the same thing. I know this is the forum for spammier stuff, but this is really getting out of hand; these threads aren't contributing anything that the original The Last Post Wins didn't.

26 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Can we not spam a ton of X post wins topics? TLPW is really enough, we didn't need any more - they all do basically the same thing. I know this is the forum for spammier stuff, but this is really getting out of hand; these threads aren't contributing anything that the original The Last Post Wins didn't.

Should see my post in the 9th post wins by my count there are 5 threads about it at the moment.

I agree and disagree, personally I find each of those threads really funny, they aren’t trying to be TLPW, they’re trying to be funny parodies, and they’re succeeding. I agree that spam is bad when it’s annoying a lot of people or generally making it hard to use the website, but I don’t think spam is bad just because it’s spam. Also, 5 loosely related topics posted over the course of 3 days hardly feels like spam. I do think it’s probably good to recommend stopping before it goes crazy, but I don’t think it’s been bad yet. This feels more like a mildly funny fad that’ll die out on its own, not some brigade of spam that’s ruining the website.

To each their own I guess. :P

Edited by The Second Post

Yeah, they were fun :P

But this is becoming a bit much.

(It's sad though and feels a bit unfair that some people will be left out of the madness just because they were a bit late)

• The Last Post Wins

• The 100,000th Post Wins

• The Middlest Post Wins

• The First Post Wins

• The Second Post Wins (RIP)

It would be missed.

'Twas a race like no other.

Luna won

Then I warned her that she would rue the day when someone changed their username to the Second Post. Danex did.

Mucho crazy

• The 9th Post Wins

• The 25th “Xth post wins!!!!!“ topic wins!!!!!

• Edit: wait a minute, this one sort of counts as well

Edited by Honorless

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/22/2021 at 2:07 PM, Szeth_Pancakes said:

*wins*

While I understand that you're probably joking here, this is...really not a great look, in context. Repeatedly provoking the mods with 'joking' toeing and crossing the line about spam, thread necros, and the like is not actually that funny.