Hello 17th shard

Hello, I’m Valerie, and I’ve been a Cosmere and Brandon fan since the end of last year. I also write, and Brandon is one of my main inspirations. I listen to his lectures and talk about him so much, that my family has their own nickname for him, based on something my brother said based on something he heard from his lectures when I was listening to it. I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you. 

Just now, Hentient said:

Yes please tell us! My family always makes fun of me because I never call him “Brandon” or “Sanderson” it’s always his full name “Brandon Sanderson”. Always.

I mean, I sometimes say Brando Sando, but other than that, it's the same for me.

41 minutes ago, Darkfinder said:

Hello welcome to the shard 

What is your favorite and least favorite book

Hard, very hard. Warbreaker has a special place in my heart because it was the first of his I read, but I’m not sure which would be my favorite and least favorite.

I normally call him either Brandon or Brandon Sanderson. About the nickname, I’ll just tell the full story. I was watching one of Brandon’s lectures, on character, and he was giving an explanation on how to put characterization into fight scenes, and my brother (he’s 8) latched on to this one sentence about a character kicking someone, and just said “kickface”. Everytime I mention Brandon, my brother says kickface because he knows it annoys me to no end. 

13 hours ago, Honorless said:

Welcome to the Shard! Do you have a favourite character? (also difficult to choose, I know :lol:)

Definitely hard. I relate a lot with Vivenna, but Dalinar is one of the best written, and incredibly interesting as a character