When will the Way of Kings Leatherbound books+swag 2021 sell out

Ok, I looked through the kickstarter from a browser where I wasn't logged into my account where I already backed it, just to make sure it wasn't hiding anything from me because I'm already pledged. There don't appear to be any limits on any of the 2021 pledge tiers, so I don't think they'll sell out. From what I recall, they placed an order for 10000 books before the kickstarter even launched. They were hoping to sell a decent amount through the kickstarter and would sell the rest through independent book stores and Brandon's online store. Well, they blew through all 10000 in about a day if I recall correctly, so the original 10000 book order has been spoken for. However, I'm guessing for the next wave of printing they'll order however many got pledged on the kickstarter plus some more to sell on Brandon's online store. So, I don't think there will be a limit on the 2021 tiers, the original limits were only there because they did a printing not knowing what demand would be. 

Just an FYI, you don't get charged for the amount you pledge until the end, so you can probably pledge now and cancel it before the kickstarter ends if you don't save up enough or change your mind. 

The entire point of doing a 2021 batch was to let people who didn't get in on the Kickstarter in its first.... hour or so, could still get everything except a numbered copy. I doubt they're going to get so many orders that they can't deliver them all sometime within 2021, especially since the number of new backers pretty much fell off a cliff within a day. Using some very rough assumptions based on the number of new pledges per day since the first and assuming the trend stays the way it's going, there's probably going to be about 25% more books they need to order at the end compared to the number they need to order right now to meet the demand, tops. I doubt that's enough to warrant a 2022 delivery date for even the latest orders if they expect to be able to release ten thousand copies by the end of this year.

12 minutes ago, Harrycrapper said:

Well, they blew through all 10000 in about a day if I recall correctly

Not even that, they went past that number within hours. I'd be annoyed with myself at not getting in during that opening hour if I cared enough to want a numbered edition, but I'm totally fine with a first edition period even if it means waiting a bit longer. xD

Edited by Weltall