Late-knight randomness (or any time when other activity is low)

11 hours ago, Condensation said:

Woo, Macbeth! I prefer Hamlet, though.

To be or not to be-that is the question. Whether ‘its nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them- ‘tis a consummate devotedly to be wished. To die to sleep- and by a sleep to say we end the heartache and the thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to. To die, to sleep- to sleep, perchance to dream. Aye, there’s the rub, for when we have shuffled off this mortal coil what dreams may come in that sleep of death must give man pause, thereby [making a calamity of this life]. For who would bear the whips and scorns of time, the proud man’s contumely, the pains of depriz’d love, the laws delay, the insolence of office, when man may his quietus make with a bare bodkin.

Boom. Straight from memory. It’s probably not 100% correct, but it’s close.

Spoiler

This was going to be another status update but I just did 2 in like a 20 minute span, so randomness thread instead it is. 

Me: Man there should be a way of typing musical notes, like if I wanted to share a melody with people without attaching an mp3 file. 
Also me: Well duh, just literally use musical notation
Me: I can’t type that on my phone, and what about non-musician people who can’t read notes
Also me: hmmmmmm
Me: looks at wall with poster “Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do”
Me: I’m an idiot. 

32 minutes ago, Danex said:
  Hide contents

This was going to be another status update but I just did 2 in like a 20 minute span, so randomness thread instead it is. 

Me: Man there should be a way of typing musical notes, like if I wanted to share a melody with people without attaching an mp3 file. 
Also me: Well duh, just literally use musical notation
Me: I can’t type that on my phone, and what about non-musician people who can’t read notes
Also me: hmmmmmm
Me: looks at wall with poster “Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do”
Me: I’m an idiot. 

but what about accidentals?

They have words for those I don’t quite remeber what they are tho
Something like

do de re me mi fa fol sol sa la li  ti  do
c   c#  d  d#  e   f  f#  g   g# a  a# b  c

Edited by Danex
c chromatic for example

5 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

To be or not to be-that is the question. Whether ‘its nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them- ‘tis a consummate devotedly to be wished. To die to sleep- and by a sleep to say we end the heartache and the thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to. To die, to sleep- to sleep, perchance to dream. Aye, there’s the rub, for when we have shuffled off this mortal coil what dreams may come in that sleep of death must give man pause, thereby [making a calamity of this life]. For who would bear the whips and scorns of time, the proud man’s contumely, the pains of depriz’d love, the laws delay, the insolence of office, when man may his quietus make with a bare bodkin.

Boom. Straight from memory. It’s probably not 100% correct, but it’s close.

*To be or not to be, that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or to take up arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them--'tis a consummation devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep--and by a sleep to say we end the heartache and the thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to--To die, to sleep--to sleep, perchance to dream. Ay, there's the rub. For when we have shuffled off this mortal coil in that sleep of death what dreams may come must give us pause. There's the respect that makes calamity of so long of life. For who would bear the whips and scorns of time, the oppressor's wrongs, the proud man's contumely, the pangs of despised love, the delay of law, the insolence of office, and the spurns that patient merit of th' unworthy takes, when he himself might his quietus make with a bare bodkin? Who would fardels bear, to grunt and sweat under a weary life, but for the dread of something after death, the undiscovered country from whose bourn no traveler returns, puzzles the will and makes us rather bear those ills we have than fly to those we know not of? Thus conscience does make cowards of us all. And thus the native hue of resolution is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought, and enterprises of great pitch and moment, with this regard their currents turn awry, and lose the name of action. Soft you now, the fair Ophelia...

That was all from memory. Wow, I didn't think I could do it.

Then again, I did just barely reread Hamlet and I studied that speech especially. I mean, if you want we'll just quote Shakespeare, Truthless! I'd love to do it with you.

If thou art done we'll draw thee from the mire of thy sir reverend's love. Come, we burn daylight, ho!

I dreamt a dream tonight

And so did I

What was yours?

That dreamers often lie (ooo sick burn mercucio)

In bed asleep while they do dream things through

Oh that I see Queen Mab has been with you

uhhhh

spiderweb?

in this state she gallops night by night, ladies lips, who straight on kisses something idk

this is she...

this is she..

peace, mercucio, peace

thou talkest of nothing.

hmmmmm.... that part of Romeo and Juliet is in a song so I was trying to remember the lyrics, but.....

Words, vows, gifts, tears, and love's full sacrifice,
He offers in another's enterprise; 
But more in Troilus thousand fold I see
Than in the glass of Pandar's praise may be;
Yet hold I off. Women are angels, wooing:
Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing.
That she beloved knows nought that knows not this:
Men prize the thing ungain'd more than it is:
That she was never yet that ever knew
Love got so sweet as when desire did sue.
Therefore this maxim out of love I teach:
Achievement is command; ungain'd, beseech:
Then though my heart's content firm love doth bear,
Nothing of that shall from mine eyes appear.

That one I know each mark of punctuation and capital letter.

• 2 weeks later...