Late-knight randomness (or any time when other activity is low)

For me right now, it is late at night, but I don't want to sleep. However, there are very few people online right now. I'm sure many of you have felt the same way, scrolling through the forums, hoping that something interesting has been posted, being bored to death but not having anything better to do. So, this thread is for those times, when you have nothing specific to say but want someone to say it to. This thread will (hopefully) become pretty active pretty much most of the time. Have fun posting random stuff and having fun conversations!!!

Edited by DramaQueen

I feel ya. I don't discord, don't know what's app. I am a Luddite without any desire to change. I see the purpose in the desire to create a random post. (Nothing against your position @The First Post, I know you're just trying to suggest viable alternatives, but sometimes you just don't want the alternatives)

So, I just watched the Rick pickle episode of Rick and Morty. Holy crap, I used to think the high water mark of comedy was The Cape Feare episode of the Simpsons, but the Pickle Rick episode is the now the new SI unit for measuring comedic brilliance.

Another random thought to send out into the aether, did you know that there's a game for sale at Target (maybe other places, but I know Target for sure) that is based on the Saxyness of Kenny G?

It's called "Keeping it Saxy", here's a picture of the box.

20200713_014107.jpg.17446bbcdec85c9725e7c09c166ec43d.jpg

12 hours ago, The Last Post said:

I have that game

I read about it, the play mechanics are interesting and it actually sounds like a fun game.

I used to work with Kenny G's sister, she was super nice, and if anyone is curious what the G stands for it's spoilered below

Spoiler

Gorelick

8 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I read about it, the play mechanics are interesting and it actually sounds like a fun game.

I used to work with Kenny G's sister, she was super nice, and if anyone is curious what the G stands for it's spoilered below

Reveal hidden contents

Gorelick

I’ve never played it, my family mainly got it as a joke for my jazz obsessed sister. So...

Spoiler

Now I can tell her that I know someone who knows his sister so hehe

I've been playing Final Fantasy 7 (not the remake, the original one with 1st generation 3d graphics) with my daughters and they got to pick the names for the characters. 

Cloud is named My Poop.

Barret is named Poopchute

Tifa is named My Abs

And Aerith is named You Idiot.

Hilarity ensues during the dialogue portions of the game, spoilered below are some classic moments

Spoiler

At the wall market

20200628_235029.thumb.jpg.f03d4c0133c8b7b4cba0129d3031577a.jpg

20200628_234731.thumb.jpg.b1a2ddf47785da39dce5d493e3149225.jpg

In Shinra tower after you've been captured

20200713_235131.thumb.jpg.cf9f2cf7249ebf6f4e202bb153766b7d.jpg

And so very Classic, Aerith's heartfelt thanks while she's in her jail cell, with a toilet clearly visible...

20200713_234842.thumb.jpg.aeae2bf2cfb9ca1521648f78ee961a39.jpg

Correct. And I hope that more people find it and get involved...

There is little activity now, so it's about time to get this thread up and running.

@Truthless of Shinovar, @Danex, @Hentient, @hoiditthroughthegrapevine, @Gears, @Enter a username, @Honorless, @Darkfinder, @Nathrangking

If any of you are interested in saying literally anything to hype up this thread, please do so now.

Edited by DramaQueen

33 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Correct. And I hope that more people find it and get involved...

There is little activity now, so it's about time to get this thread up and running.

@Truthless of Shinovar, @Danex, @Hentient, @hoiditthroughthegrapevine, @Gears, @Enter a username, @Honorless, @Darkfinder, @Nathrangking

If any of you are interested in saying literally anything to hype up this thread, please do so now.

What are your thoughts on the assassination of Julius Caesar on the ides of march? Was it really what was best for the republic or was it an excuse? Was the collapse of the republic inevitable or could it have been prevented?