Heroes Fall. Legends Rise.

Quiver

Well, I guess I was away long enough I need to reintroduce myself, huh?

Hi there. I'm Quiver, and I'm back. Long-term Brandon Sanderson fan, starting with the Mistborn series; Vin really struck a chord with me as a character I could see myself in, and I ended up reading the rest of the Cosmere pretty quickly after that. As someone who wants to be a writer, I'm always impressed and amazed by Brandon's worldbuildng.

Also jealous. The jealous is very important.

Anyway, between one thing and another, I feel off the grid for a while but.... guess I'm back? So, hope to see you guys around.

(Warbreaker is still best Cosmere)

58 minutes ago, Mist said:

I thought I recognized your username! Welcome back! Did you mean to put your intro in the tag too?

That was absolutely intentional, and I'm not trying to deflect from a mistake now by saying that my plan all along. Certainly not.

:ph34r:

34 minutes ago, Slowswift said:

Yay Quiver! :D Glad to see you back; it's been too long!

32 minutes ago, The First Post said:

Welcome back! 

7 hours ago, Adran Oathbreaker said:

Oooh. Iove the magic system in Warbreaker. BioChromatic Breath just blew my mind. 

Hah. So, back when I joined, everyone's favourite book was either Mistborn or Stormlight Archive, so I am very defensive over Warbreaker being the best cosmere.

Which it is. The magic system is interesting, but it's the world and the tone of the novel itself that I really love. I've argued for a long time that Warbreaker reads like Brandond's riff on old pulp novels, due to the way he either re-uses concepts from them - Nightblood being the Cosmere equivalent of Stormbringer - or the way he has characters weaponize the troeps and expectations of that style of story.