Heralds + We're missing an Unmade

Lightspine

Sorry if I wasn't clear--I meant can both exist at the same time?  A corporeal body infused with someone else's Investiture running around, plus the Cognitive Shadow aspect.  One that has remnants of the person that used to be, but has been largely over-written by the Investiture,  plus their 'soul' that is basically still who they were in life.

If so, then the Unmade could be the bodies of the Heralds snatched up and reforged at or near the moment they became Cognitive Shadows.  The traces and remnants of who they used to be would have an impact on how they are shaped, but because it's the power of Odium it is twisted and warped and wrong, turned against itself.  But I guess also the Unmade aren't typically corporeal, so that wouldn't work either, so probably not.

14 hours ago, kaellok said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear--I meant can both exist at the same time?  A corporeal body infused with someone else's Investiture running around, plus the Cognitive Shadow aspect.  One that has remnants of the person that used to be, but has been largely over-written by the Investiture,  plus their 'soul' that is basically still who they were in life.

If so, then the Unmade could be the bodies of the Heralds snatched up and reforged at or near the moment they became Cognitive Shadows.  The traces and remnants of who they used to be would have an impact on how they are shaped, but because it's the power of Odium it is twisted and warped and wrong, turned against itself.  But I guess also the Unmade aren't typically corporeal, so that wouldn't work either, so probably not.

One hypothesis I've heard is that the madness of the Heralds is due to them literally breaking (spiritually) during their torment on Braize, which then left behind fragments of their spiritwebs that Odium snatched up and imbued with power to create an Unmade, based on whichever Herald broke and set them free.

5 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

One hypothesis I've heard is that the madness of the Heralds is due to them literally breaking (spiritually) during their torment on Braize, which then left behind fragments of their spiritwebs that Odium snatched up and imbued with power to create an Unmade, based on whichever Herald broke and set them free.

this the theory, @Halyo_Alex?

• 5 months later...
On 14/07/2020 at 3:26 AM, Bzhydack said:

Sia-Anat - for me Battar/Ellsecallers. Most carefull and least evil from Unmade, and their powers are Shadesmar-related. Also can reflect Care atribute.

Did you mean "Also can reflect the Wise attribute"?

To add to this theory, for sapient sprens Sja must convince them to change before she can Enlighten them, which is exactly how Jasnah Soucasts

Yelig-Nar - probably Skybreakers.

Dai-Gonarthis - only Kalak/WIllshapers left.

Yelig-Nar makes amethysts crystals grow inside his hosts so I'd swap these two. Also a parasite growing inside of you trying to take over your mind seems like a good fit for a corrupted version of the order of the builders and the one who fight for freedom