The Iconar Collective (OUTDATED)

A perfectly normal question  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should I post the first chapter from my new draft?

15 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

My thoughts exactly! Yet, he won't confirm my suspicions.

@Channelknight Fadran, how do you pronounce Geniora?

I originally pronounced it Jinn-yor-ah, but after watching some LoK, I started just pronouncing it Jinn-ora (Jinora's an awesome character).

6 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I mean...

4cupql.jpg.b6431425cbc933360fbaed4866957de1.jpg

Storms. Not another meme! Out! Out of my pub! *Whacks Matrim with a broom*

I finished reading it, then looked at the poll, and couldn't remember a character named Charles, so I opened all the spoiler boxes and used ctrl+f to search, and there is no Charles. Who the crap is Charles?????

Oh, also, it's really good. I want to know more about Dain's past, I want to know more about Minshyl, (he seems cool,) and I want to know about where everyone's dreams are coming from.

Just now, DramaQueen said:

I finished reading it, then looked at the poll, and couldn't remember a character named Charles, so I opened all the spoiler boxes and used ctrl+f to search, and there is no Charles. Who the crap is Charles?????

Oh, also, it's really good. I want to know more about Dain's past, I want to know more about Minshyl, (he seems cool,) and I want to know about where everyone's dreams are coming from.

Well, he's definitely in there, to say the least. No one will pick him in the poll, though :P 

@Channelknight Fadran probably just forgot to add the chapter he's in into the OP, so SURPRISE! There's more chapters, hidden somewhere in the thread!

2 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Charles is the jerk kid that I added for... reasons (not actually sure yet, but I think he's important)

You want to know more about Dain's past? Well, you're going to have to wait... awhile. Not sure how long.

You want to know more about Minshyl? Well, to do that, I'm going to have to make more about Minshyl (oh wait, I do have more for him... huh. I forgot).

You want to know about the dreams? You're going to have to wait even longer.

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Well, he's definitely in there, to say the least. No one will pick him in the poll, though :P 

@Channelknight Fadran probably just forgot to add the chapter he's in into the OP, so SURPRISE! There's more chapters, hidden somewhere in the thread!

I will add those to the OP now. Been putting it off for no reason whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

You want to know more about Minshyl? Well, to do that, I'm going to have to make more about Minshyl (oh wait, I do have more for him... huh. I forgot).

I think I realized why I was intrigued by Minshyl: Your introduction of him was fairly similar to the first time Vin meets Spook: Awkward teenage boy delivering a message to a girl's room. So basically...Minshyl is my secondary fantasy boyfriend.

Where to begin? It's rough but a fun read nonetheless. Above all good job on making Charles so delightfully easy to despise. His type always get what they deserve eventually. We have strange Hoid merchant AKA Fadran the Channelknight so that's fun. I like the dichotomy and ambiguity of dreams where on one must fight with a supposed enemy and in the process seeing uncertainty vs. Real world certainty which gets peeled back. This romantic view of war being stripped away a bit in the last chapter is well done. Now one thing that I would say is with so many characters flooding us at once it might get a bit confusing. If possible perhaps develop a little with one of the groups or even both before so many characters are brought in. 

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ace? Are you OK? (Can I call you Ace?)

That's a Tier 11 Secret--only the author may know.

Well yes after the post below from Drama. And yes you may call me Ace.

Also what are the other 10 tiers?

3 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

*anger*

You mean

*Frustration*

Right?

Edited by Frustration

12 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

I think I realized why I was intrigued by Minshyl: Your introduction of him was fairly similar to the first time Vin meets Spook: Awkward teenage boy delivering a message to a girl's room. So basically...Minshyl is my secondary fantasy boyfriend.

Aha. Well, in that case...

11 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Where to begin? It's rough but a fun read nonetheless. Above all good job on making Charles so delightfully easy to despise. His type always get what they deserve eventually. We have strange Hoid merchant AKA Fadran the Channelknight so that's fun. I like the dichotomy and ambiguity of dreams where on one must fight with a supposed enemy and in the process seeing uncertainty vs. Real world certainty which gets peeled back. This romantic view of war being stripped away a bit in the last chapter is well done. Now one thing that I would say is with so many characters flooding us at once it might get a bit confusing. If possible perhaps develop a little with one of the groups or even both before so many characters are brought in. 

So glad you like it! I'm working on individual character development right now... hopefully you'll be able to Geniora from your Garnell before long.

11 hours ago, Frustration said:

Well yes after the post below from Drama. And yes you may call me Ace.

Also what are the other 10 tiers?

Yay! Also, the other 10 tier are eh. The 11th Tier is an inside joke.

6 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

When Channelknight Fadran tries to keep secrets from us:277BA72E-C1B9-4737-8B32-3CBBD5D86287.gif.b2197f457c82e870e7f67e38d57923a3.gif

Me trying to hold onto my secrets:

Avatares GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Ok, I FINALLY finished reading all the chapters. They are quite good and I am hooked. I really do enjoy both POV's, and I think it's great that I'm not just waiting for one to finish to get to the next one. There are a couple things with grammer and such, but I expect that in a draft. I noticed that when the fire teacher person was being described it was partly with his's, and partly with they's and thiers, which was a little rough. I reallly like it though. Anyway, GREAT JOB!