Surviving pure blooded Skaa and Nobles

Oltux72

So, when Harmony redid the people of Scadrial during the Catacendre, he probably did not touch every Scadrian everywhere in the Cosmere. That means that anybody offworld would still be a Noble respectively Skaa. Scadrial had two perpendicularities, one of which was used for trade. So during hundreds of years, did nobody ever venture through it and went away? In particular, where did the exchange of goods happen? On Scadrial or in the Expanse of Vapors? If the latter, what did the Scadrian crews do when Kelsier cut them off? I suppose they joined the next group of traders, exhanging their goods for passage. Where did they go?

Even then I doubt any of the Skaa and Nobles were pureblooded.  Humans not interbreeding with other humans that are in the area basically never happens.  Also even if by some statistical fluke a pure skaa or noble did make it off world before the perpendicularity closed they would have interbred with some other cosmere group for the next generation(like a skaa nalthian hybrid).  I suppose someone from early in TLR's rule might have gotten off and joined Silverlight(with its time dilation) and they could still be around but I don't think you are going to get a large population of pure one or the other any time.

I like to think not all of TLR’s buddies liked being turned into Kandra 1st gen and might have gotten the frell out of dodge at the first opportunity. You can brainwash the next generation to be zealots. But you are going to lose some of the first, especially when they know that you are kind of a frellnick, to put it mildly.

9 hours ago, Storyspren said:

I like to think not all of TLR’s buddies liked being turned into Kandra 1st gen and might have gotten the frell out of dodge at the first opportunity. You can brainwash the next generation to be zealots. But you are going to lose some of the first, especially when they know that you are kind of a frellnick, to put it mildly.

Did they know how their spikes are made? TLR was a good Bio-Marxist. He seized the means of reproduction. Hence the malcontents were forced to lead a lonely life without a chance to gain a family.

10 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Did they know how their spikes are made? TLR was a good Bio-Marxist. He seized the means of reproduction. Hence the malcontents were forced to lead a lonely life without a chance to gain a family.

So... I doubt TLR could read thoughts very well with Ruin’s power. I would think there would have to be at least one silent malcontent. He couldn’t have been right about the blind loyalty of every one of those he chose for first generation. 

I guess only Harmony knows if there is such a one around somewhere.

19 hours ago, Storyspren said:

So... I doubt TLR could read thoughts very well with Ruin’s power. I would think there would have to be at least one silent malcontent. He couldn’t have been right about the blind loyalty of every one of those he chose for first generation. 

People change and presumably so do Kandra. Even if he was sure of them holding the well's power he could not remain so. TLR did use safeguards. His cantons watched each other and his armies balanced the Koloss, who needed spikes and were emgineered to expire quickly and so on.

19 hours ago, Storyspren said:

I guess only Harmony knows if there is such a one around somewhere.

Ig he is around. I can see no reason a Kandra should have walked off and gone to some other world. But he would still be one Kandra. Or dead, obviously.

On 7/15/2020 at 10:34 PM, Storyspren said:

They were all his friends and they did not believe in him they believed in Preservation.  Knowing their actual mission Reshek probably chose them for their personal loyalty to him.  These were not selected randomly.

1 hour ago, Oltux72 said:

I can see no reason a Kandra should have walked off and gone to some other world. But he would still be one Kandra. Or dead, obviously.

I think Brandon has said we've seen Kandra offworld, on roshar for example.

On 7/17/2020 at 0:56 PM, Kuram said:

Questioner

Are there kandra hiding in any of your books, besides the Mistborn ones?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes there are! Yes there are.

JordanCon 2014 (April 11, 2014)

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/216-jordancon-2014/#e6438

I believe this is the wob you are looking for

On 17/07/2020 at 8:56 PM, Kuram said:

Yes, but whose Kandra? Kandra under Harmony's command? Kandra who fled during the Catacendre? Kandra cut off when Kelsier raided the pits? TLR's agents who missed the way back home? House Venture's Kandra lost on an expedition? Kandra who fled during the Final Empire?

Newan (paraphrased)

I asked what planet we have seen the kandra worldhopper on.

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

He said "You have seen her before".

Newan (paraphrased)

I asked if she was an agent of Sazed

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

He said yes.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/103-salt-lake-city-comic-con-2014/#e1052

This WoB states that the world hopping kandra is Sazed agent so an agent of harmony.

Edited by Darkfinder