Argue Against Facts

2 hours ago, Karger said:

That was the aliens.

Exactly, they were time traveling pan-galactic Marxists.

The Kennedys were also time traveling aliens. Interestingly enough, every Kennedy was in fact part of a composite being, kind of like how separate cypress trees are part of the same single organism. Their home world of New Clam Chowder is overrun with white toothed, perfectly coiffed politician types, and their expansion into alien reaches of the galaxy was largely due to their desire to make speeches.

2 hours ago, Hentient said:

Blue is the best color there is. And that’s a fact.

Let's look at some countervailing facts.

Blue is a hononym with blew (they blew their nose), while Red is a hononym with read (the misguided blue supporters read this post).

It is clear that nothing truly great comes about because something blew anything (up, out, what have), but the fount of all knowledge flows from what is read.

10 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Exactly, they were time traveling pan-galactic Marxists.

The Kennedys were also time traveling aliens. Interestingly enough, every Kennedy was in fact part of a composite being, kind of like how separate cypress trees are part of the same single organism. Their home world of New Clam Chowder is overrun with white toothed, perfectly coiffed politician types, and their expansion into alien reaches of the galaxy was largely due to their desire to make speeches.

Except they could not have been time traveling.  That is impossible.

1 hour ago, Karger said:

Except they could not have been time traveling.  That is impossible.

Just what you'd expect a prisoner of a fixed timeline to say. In your world, the sequence of events seems set because you can't transition to the parallel worlds of alternate history.

There's a parallel world where the Kennedy assassinations never took place, and by 2258 the earth is overrun with Kennedys. Just a fact man.

21 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Just what you'd expect a prisoner of a fixed timeline to say. In your world, the sequence of events seems set because you can't transition to the parallel worlds of alternate history.

There's a parallel world where the Kennedy assassinations never took place, and by 2258 the earth is overrun with Kennedys. Just a fact man.

You aren’t accounting for the fact, however, that if Kennedy lived (and subsequently became the immortal dictator of the US by the powers of the Roosevelts), Putin would have managed to kill him and the earth would in fact be overrun by Putins.

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

1 minute ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

You aren’t accounting for the fact, however, that if Kennedy lives (and became the immortal dictator of the US), Putin would have managed to kill him and the earth would in fact be overrun by Putins.

Ah ha we found him the last one who isn't a Putin in disguise to lure out the non-Putins get him!

Edited by Frustration

25 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

You aren’t accounting for the fact, however, that if Kennedy lived (and subsequently became the immortal dictator of the US by the powers of the Roosevelts), Putin would have managed to kill him and the earth would in fact be overrun by Putins.

And

23 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Ah ha we found him the last one who isn't a Putin in disguise to lure out the non-Putins get him!

and most tellingly of all

23 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

It’s a fact that I just disappeared:ph34r:

This is clearly fake news, I posit that Truthless of Shinovar and Frustration are deep fakes, a sign that Russia has been trying to influence the 17th shard. Putin's favorite cosmere story is 6th of the Dusk, and there has been a growing KGB presence on this site to sway more Sanderson fans to this position in order to have Brandon Sanderson write novels about tough dudes that like to not wear shirts.

1 minute ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

And

and most tellingly of all

This is clearly fake news, I posit that Truthless of Shinovar and Frustration are deep fakes, a sign that Russia has been trying to influence the 17th shard. Putin's favorite cosmere story is 6th of the Dusk, and there has been a growing KGB presence on this site to sway more Sanderson fans to this position in order to have Brandon Sanderson write novels about tough dudes that like to not wear shirts.

What!? Phhht that Crazy *hysteria begins to creep into voice* where you vaccinated or something?

2 hours ago, Frustration said:

What!? Phhht that Crazy *hysteria begins to creep into voice* where you vaccinated or something?

My father in law just informed me that YouTube, Twitter and Facebook merged, so I looked up vaccinations on the new site, You Twit Face, and to my horror I discovered vaccinations cause baldness, ennui, and cravings for sardines!

36 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Fact:

All pursuits are meaningless because in the timescale of the cosmos all actions are as meaningless as the fart of a gnat.

In the long run everything is meaningless, in the eyes of the universe all efforts are worthless. But... we don't see things through the eyes of the universe. We see them through our own eyes, through a very human perspective. Maybe my life is just a dim blip in the grand scale of everything, but to me, that blip literally feels like it takes a lifetime to pass. When I make a sandwich, I'm not making a sandwich for the universe, I'm making it for myself. When I eat that sandwich, it's not to take part in the incomprehensibly massive story that is reality, it's because I'm hungry. When I finish eating that sandwich, the universe hasn't changed much because of it, but I am no longer hungry, and I am satisfied. And that's good enough. 

And who knows, maybe that fart was a very, very important moment for that gnat. 

Fact:

Dinner should have at least thing that tastes salty or savoury in order to be fulfilling.

3 minutes ago, SirWolfe said:

Maybe my life is just a dim blip in the grand scale of everything, but to me, that blip literally feels like it takes a lifetime to pass. When I make a sandwich, I'm not making a sandwich for the universe, I'm making it for myself. When I eat that sandwich, it's not to take part in the incomprehensibly massive story that is reality, it's because I'm hungry.

Good points, the big bang was actually the first attempt to make a sandwhich and as you know it went horribly wrong.

5 minutes ago, SirWolfe said:

Fact:

Dinner should have at least thing that tastes salty or savoury in order to be fulfilling.

You have completely ignored the most important tastebud, that which senses umami. 

Fact:

The human race was created to figure out how to cultivate and grow items with umami flavor (seaweed, mushrooms, etc).

51 minutes ago, SirWolfe said:

But umami is the taste of savouriness! 

Can't argue with a fact.

Fact:

There is a God, and God created man in order for man to selectively breed wolves/jackals/dingoes to become dogs.

The teleological principle is perfectly clear, God spelled backwards is dog. This is the alpha and the omega.

"Who's fulfilling God's plan? This good boy is, give that good boy a biscuit."

God watches and is content. All dogs go to heaven, some people do too.

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine

16 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

My father in law just informed me that YouTube, Twitter and Facebook merged, so I looked up vaccinations on the new site, You Twit Face, and to my horror I discovered vaccinations cause baldness, ennui, and cravings for sardines!

Not sardines.

16 hours ago, Frustration said:

Not sardines.

Yes, sardines, anchovies and smoked oysters.

Fact:

Air is a commodity and should be bottled and sold like water.  Lex Luther, err Bezos should be in control of the world's air supply (and I'm only tangentially referring to the band).

2 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Fact:

Air is a commodity and should be bottled and sold like water.  Lex Luther, err Bezos should be in control of the world's air supply (and I'm only tangentially referring to the band).

This is a bad idea. Why? Because it's the plot of the Lorax movie. And that movie reaaaally went off the rails. Plus it was kinda the reason for the apocalypse. I'm pretty sure that, like, most of the population died. It's pretty tragic if you think about it too hard. The book was far superior, and so we should stick to preserving truffula trees and careful monitoring of thneed production. Also how the heck would you survive on a bottle's worth of air? More is gonna end up being given to your neighbors than your lungs. I suppose I shouldn't question the logic of a film based off of a kid's book comprised mostly of rhyming gibberish and colorful squiggles.

7 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Yes, sardines, anchovies and smoked oysters.

Fact:

5 hours ago, Lunamor said:

This is a bad idea. Why? Because it's the plot of the Lorax movie. And that movie reaaaally went off the rails. Plus it was kinda the reason for the apocalypse. I'm pretty sure that, like, most of the population died. It's pretty tragic if you think about it too hard. The book was far superior, and so we should stick to preserving truffula trees and careful monitoring of thneed production. Also how the heck would you survive on a bottle's worth of air? More is gonna end up being given to your neighbors than your lungs. I suppose I shouldn't question the logic of a film based off of a kid's book comprised mostly of rhyming gibberish and colorful squiggles.

Fact: O’HARE SHALL RULE OVER US ALL