Argue Against Facts

This is a game where the players argue against [and for] facts. One person will argue against the fact [the first person to reply], and one person will argue for the fact [the first person to reply to the reply]. Preferably, the arguments will be logical, nonsensical, and hilarious. Once one or both of the debaters concede, the winner will propose a new fact to debate. 

Fact: Blue stars are hotter than red stars.

3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Blue is a far prettier color than red. Case closed.

I would argue that red is better than blue, especially since blue and green are different shades of the same colour, which is just too varied to properly value. 

1 minute ago, Karger said:

All stars are the same color.  You are just detecting doppler shift.  The fact that a star is moving away from us changes its color not its heat.

This is decidedly false, as stars moving away from us at the same speed can have different colors.

Just now, Gears said:

The aliens are all fleeing. Explain how the ones getting closer to us at the same speed are the different colours.

No some of the aliens don't know the government has superheros. So they come to attack us.

Just now, Karger said:

Don't be ridiculous.  FTL is impossible.  The theory of relativity is immutable.

In the year 2635, humans successfully formulated a quantum theory of relativity and cracked FTL travel. They then time-travelled to various points. Other planets made this achievement faster than us. There is FTL travel. 

1 minute ago, Gears said:

In the year 2635, humans successfully formulated a quantum theory of relativity and cracked FTL travel. They then time-travelled to various points. Other planets made this achievement faster than us. There is FTL travel. 

Time travel triggers the deutsch proposition.  No alian has cracked FTL

Just now, Karger said:

Time travel triggers the deutsch proposition.  No alian has cracked FTL

The Deutsch proposition assumes a malleable multiverse. In actuality, the multiverse is immutable. In the future, aliens crack FTL. Time travel is a remarkable thing.

Just now, Gears said:

The Deutsch proposition assumes a malleable multiverse. In actuality, the multiverse is immutable. In the future, aliens crack FTL. Time travel is a remarkable thing.

An immutable universe makes free will an illusion.  If free will is an illusion.  It is one I prefer to keep.

Just now, Karger said:

An immutable universe makes free will an illusion.  If free will is an illusion.  It is one I prefer to keep.

The quantum superposition of particles ensures that you can never predict with certainty what a particle will do. If you wish to maintain the illusion of free will, you can believe that the quantum interaction between the particles and your actions is free will.

21 minutes ago, Gears said:

I would argue that red is better than blue, especially since blue and green are different shades of the same colour, which is just too varied to properly value. 

This is decidedly false, as stars moving away from us at the same speed can have different colors.

"Better"? "Better"?

We are not talking about value here, we are talking about attractiveness.

Pie Chart: Humanity's Favorite Colors | Color psychology, Color ...

Why is blue the world's favorite color? | YouGov

Edited by xinoehp512

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Better"? "Better"?

We are not talking about value here, we are talking about attractiveness.

Reveal hidden contents

Why is blue the world's favorite color? | YouGov

Specify which blue we are speaking of! Are we speaking of strange blue-greens or esoteric blue-violets? Red, both light amd dark are superior! 

Just now, Gears said:

Specify which blue we are speaking of! Are we speaking of strange blue-greens or esoteric blue-violets? Red, both light amd dark are superior! 

Turquoise and indigo? Please, don't make me laugh. What about maroon and burgundy?

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Turquoise and indigo? Please, don't make me laugh. What about maroon and burgundy?

I will have you know that maroon and burgundy make excellent complements to gold! Blue does not compliment any colour except itself!

1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Blue is the best color there is. And that’s a fact.

False. Blue is the color of sadness. Therefore it can only be the best if you like being sad (I mean if that’s your thing though no judgement). 

Red is the color of anger and passion, and Passion is hot, So red stars are hotter. 

Edited by Hentient

21 minutes ago, Hentient said:

Red is the color of anger and passion, and Passion is hot, So red stars are hotter. 

False Odium has a very cold heart. Additionally when the sky is blue it's warmer than when the sky is red.

Also @Karger time travel is a thing, it was used by the communists to assassinate JFK.