Elsecaller_17.5

Chromatic Chicken Scouts!

12 posts in this topic

So this will be super confusing for those that haven't kept up with the livestreams and kickstarter, but CCS are a thing. Isaac is looking for a motto and merit badge for this wonderful organization. Let's help the man out!

As an initial suggestion for the motto: Life before Death, Strength before Weakness, Journey before Pancakes 

Edit: for an additional stretch goal I would LOVE a shardbookmark. And @Isaac Stewart, I hope this is the real you.

Edited by Elsecaller_17.5

For the motto I’d suggest “Cluck cluck cluck, cluck cluck coo, cluck cluck cluck”, which roughly translates to “Life Lessons”.

Motto: Serving the hemalurgic construct community since the last desolation.

@Toaster Retribution

Edited by Nathrangking

58 minutes ago, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

And @Isaac Stewart, I hope this is the real you.

I believe his account is @IsasikShulin (The Dragonsteel entertainment one).

How about

"Coffee before breakfast. Breakfast before Lunch, and the Chicken before the Egg."

What about pancakes before death, pancakes before weakness, pancakes before destination?

Chickens of a feather flock together!

For patches we could have things like: Fabrial creation, Spren Detection, Shalebark cultivation, Purelake navigation  

This is a bet right.  Someone was like people will buy anything Brandon puts his name on.  

16 minutes ago, ConfusedCow said:

This is a bet right.  Someone was like people will buy anything Brandon puts his name on.  

It just came up spontaneously during one of the livestreams (I think 10).

23 hours ago, ConfusedCow said:

23 hours ago, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

It just came up spontaneously during one of the livestreams (I think 10).

During one of the streams Brandon mentioned how being an Eagle Scout had shaped him, and someone in the stream  asked about the Rosharan equivalent. NeoBahamutX later posited the name Chicken Scout - since all birds on Roshar are called chickens - and the meme was born.* Sanderson then jokingly said it could be a stretch goal if all other stretch goal tiers were met, and the rest is history. 

The Chromatic part comes from the colors of the Knights Radiant, who embody pretty much the entire spectrum of colors. They chose not to do "Rainbow Chicken Scouts" because they felt like it would be appropriating Pride Month and other LGBTQ+ symbolism for personal gain. Ergo, Chromatic. 

There were those in the chat - myself included - who feel/felt like the Chromatic Chicken Scouts would do great as a series of elementary school/kids' books. 

NeoBahamutX may have asked about the Rosharan equivalent. Either way they seem to be credited as the one of the founding fathers of the meme. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

On 7/10/2020 at 2:10 PM, Hentient said:

Chickens of a feather flock together!

For patches we could have things like: Fabrial creation, Spren Detection, Shalebark cultivation, Purelake navigation  

Dueling, highstorm survival, and of course, chicken wrangling.

How about merit badge for drinking each of the different kinds of Rosharan wine while reading a Sanderson book?