Hi

Eggdogg

Hi people. When i was young (1990s) i tried to wander Stephen King's world but nothing hooked me until i was older when the dark tower hit me. I did get hooked by Clive Barker.

Clive's world was great for me. I still think he is underrated or overlooked, books of blood through abarat are super solid. He began to lose me though and so did my eye sight.

Reading became a chore. Then i got reading glasses! What to read, what to read? Lets start with something small...the wheel of time.

Dont know why or what but i read the wheel of time this past year. Brandon's contribution to the wheel is what i read at the start of lockdown.

After the cool down period that is the wheel i jumped into stormlight. At this point ive gone through stormlight and the first 3 of mistborn, along with anything in arcanum that is non spolier to me. 

I'm quite fond of Brandon's stories and am happy to be reading his work right now.

Cheers,

Eggdogg

Edited by Eggdogg

Hi there! We start all 17S introductions with interrogations: favorite Sando book? Favorite magic system? Favorite character? Have you tried his non-Cosmere works? What order are you? UK or US covers?

Welcome to the Shard.

10 hours ago, PiedPeterPiper said:

Hi there! We start all 17S introductions with interrogations: favorite Sando book? Favorite magic system? Favorite character? Have you tried his non-Cosmere works? What order are you? UK or US covers?

Welcome to the Shard.

Favorite sando book, way of kings. It was like being in the cave with plato but instead of shadows on the wall there was an HD projector.

Favorite magic system, weaves of the wheel of time. Favorite sando magic, dont have one yet. 

Favorite character is the king's wit. I love the character, the title and the function of the wit. I am considering wit to be his own characterfor this ranking.

Have yet to read non cosmere.

Lightweaver

US covers.

Edited by Eggdogg

9 hours ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

Hello!!! Welcome! As PiedPeterPiper said, we love getting to know new people from their favorites! Personally, I'd love to know some of your favorite ships!
Also your name is lit.

Thanks for the props on the name. Dont really have a favorite ship. I can say that going from the wheel of time to cosmere was refreshing though. Wheel of time ships were absurd to me almost across the board. Brandon is better at writing ships. Sazed's ship was bittersweet and felt real to me. 

8 hours ago, Eggdogg said:

Thanks for the props on the name. Dont really have a favorite ship. I can say that going from the wheel of time to cosmere was refreshing though. Wheel of time ships were absurd to me almost across the board. Brandon is better at writing ships. Sazed's ship was bittersweet and felt real to me. 

Hello there! Welcome to the 17th Shard. I finished Wheel of Time a few months ago and I partially agree with your verdict. A lot of the ships in the Wheel of Time series seem contrived or cheesy, though I absolutely love Nynaeve and Lan. I remember being heartbroken after what happened with Sazed and Tindwyl: that was a good romance in the making. 

2 hours ago, Clarity-Art said:

Hello there! Welcome to the 17th Shard. I finished Wheel of Time a few months ago and I partially agree with your verdict. A lot of the ships in the Wheel of Time series seem contrived or cheesy, though I absolutely love Nynaeve and Lan. I remember being heartbroken after what happened with Sazed and Tindwyl: that was a good romance in the making. 

I heart nynaeve and lan, they were well done.

15 hours ago, Eggdogg said:

Favorite sando book, way of kings. It was like being in the cave with plato but instead of shadows on the wall there was an HD projector.

Favorite magic system, weaves of the wheel of time. Favorite sando magic, dont have one yet. 

Favorite character is the king's wit. I love the character, the title and the function of the wit. I am considering wit to be his own characterfor this ranking.

Have yet to read non cosmere.

Lightweaver

US covers.

I am also a Lightweaver!! "I will speak my truth"

I love that because of how personal it is. Yes, there are others of the orders that have "my" or "self," but "my truth" just is way cool and unique, almost suggesting that the truth changes depending on your view, which is what Lighweavers do when we weave light. We change what others see as true.