Lightsong's anger

XaviGzz

Question

There's a chapter in which Lightsong is listening to petitions and becomes angry after listening to a woman with a dying child. He them proceeds to storm out and we get the following:

Colors in the room flared brighter in response to his emotions.

We have seen similar reactions to an uncontrolled biochroma:

Spoiler

When Lemex and Denth are near death, both their biochromas flare.

Is this similar to when a Misting/Mistborn is flaring a metal? Could an angered or emotionally stressed Awakener awaken better/easier because of the stronger biochromas? And is this inherent of Returned Breath or can this happen to any person with Breath?

Does all magic in the cosmere react to emotion like this ? (I cannot remember an example from other books)

2 answers to this question

It certainly is interesting to think about. I've come up with several different examples in stormlight (radiants being able to access their powers in times of great stress even before they have sworn any ideals) and warbreaker (the two sisters having their hair colour change to mech their emotions). It certainly seems to be one of the smaller rules of the cosmeres magic systems that they all share. 

My guess is that because most of the magic systems in the Cosmere have intent as one of the core keys to active the powers, maybe one someone gets emotional it effects his intent and therefore the investiture is flared.