The Sandman

Gears

The Sandman, by Neil Gaiman, is a comic book series that is inadequately described as amazing. I cannot tell you about it for fear my words are not enough, so go read it and return enlightened. Those who have read it may discuss it. 

2 minutes ago, BringerOfLight said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It was so beautifully written- and seeing all the characters I came to know gather in one place was awesome.

Spoiler

Neil Gaiman wrote the wake so well, and the art was absolutly gorgeous. Heartrending in its elegance, shattering in its magnificence. Never again will there be such a work of art.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread but when I was reading the sandman something that struck me as really interesting is that the endless are a lot like shards. I'm not saying that Brandon copied Neil Gaiman, but they both went about creating their gods in a similar way. Instead of being individuals they are forces, raw components of reality and the human experience. The other interesting thing is that they characterized the gods in an opposite manner. Sanderson made the Shards people changed by the power, and Gaiman made the Endless power changed by the people.

also I kinda wanna either make/ see an alternate cosmere where Adonalsium shattered into Death, Delirium, Desire, Despair, Destiny, Destruction and Dream instead of Devotion, Dominion, Ruin, Preservation etc. And also the magic system those seven would create.