Esane

What are the last 2 metals after Era 1?

12 posts in this topic

So I just finished reading Mistborn Era 1. I will soon be reading era 2. once i get them. dang corona, limiting my getting of books. But at the end of The Hero Of Ages, when we read Sazed's note to Spook, it says that there are 2 other metals. Does anyone know what they are?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are actually 4, Atium and Malatium aren't actually part of the table. Although you could still call Sazed's statement as correct if you only count the pure metals.

But to answer your question, they are Cadmium and its alloy Bendalloy, and Chromium and its alloy Nicrosil 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a fun one, there is a burnable metal for each shard and they each also have an alloy so there are 48 metals that do something with allomancy. So there are the 16 base metals and 32 god metals.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doomdrinker said:

Here's a fun one, there is a burnable metal for each shard and they each also have an alloy so there are 48 metals that do something with allomancy. So there are the 16 base metals and 32 god metals.

Actually all god metals can be alloyed with all 16 base metals. So you can have 16^2 metals. 256 Allomantically viable metals (x3 for all 3 metallic arts' effects for 768 effects total)

actually you can also alloy god metals together. so that's... ... A lot. Too much. Thousands of metals.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Actually all god metals can be alloyed with all 16 base metals. So you can have 16^2 metals. 256 Allomantically viable metals (x3 for all 3 metallic arts' effects for 768 effects total)

actually you can also alloy god metals together. so that's... ... A lot. Too much. Thousands of metals.

 

Wow

I hope this means we will at least see some examples of god metals/god metal alloys being used in the books.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing with godmetels (and their alloys) if I remember right, you need to have a Connection to the Shard to burn them. I could be remembering this wrong but I recall there being a WoB on the matter

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, StanLemon said:

The thing with godmetels (and their alloys) if I remember right, you need to have a Connection to the Shard to burn them. I could be remembering this wrong but I recall there being a WoB on the matter

Yeah, so a

[Stormlight]

Spoiler

Surgebinder mistborn could burn "Tanavastium" and its alloys for example.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2020 at 5:01 PM, Halyo_Alex said:

Actually all god metals can be alloyed with all 16 base metals. So you can have 16^2 metals. 256 Allomantically viable metals (x3 for all 3 metallic arts' effects for 768 effects total)

actually you can also alloy god metals together. so that's... ... A lot. Too much. Thousands of metals.

 

oof. i just wanted 2 know what the 2 were. And here we have thousands more. My brain is gonna explode

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to know what the remaining not god metals do and haven't found out already, here is a list:

Chromium-same as Aluminium but to other people instead of you

Nicrosil-same as Duralumin but to other people instead of you

Cadmium-creates a time bubble that slows time inside the bubble, the caveat is that when you first create the bubble you are at the center of it and if you leave the bubble it disappears

Bendalloy-creates a time bubble that speeds time inside the bubble, same caveat as Cadmium

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StanLemon said:

Chromium-same as Aluminium but to other people instead of you

Nicrosil-same as Duralumin but to other people instead of you

What really irks me about these two is that "gold but to other people instead of you" and "electrum but to other people instead of you" is EXACTLY WHY Atium and Malatium were supposed to feel like they DID NOT belong on the Allomantic chart in the sense of being the "real" external temporal metals.

It feels like Chromium and Nicrosil should be like an AoE of some sort that subdues or enhances people's allomantic strength, not just being a "boop your metals are gone/superflared".

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Halyo_Alex said:

What really irks me about these two is that "gold but to other people instead of you" and "electrum but to other people instead of you" is EXACTLY WHY Atium and Malatium were supposed to feel like they DID NOT belong on the Allomantic chart in the sense of being the "real" external temporal metals.

It feels like Chromium and Nicrosil should be like an AoE of some sort that subdues or enhances people's allomantic strength, not just being a "boop your metals are gone/superflared".

I think the biggest thing that was supposed to make Atium and Malatium feel out of place is that they were wholly fictional metals and with the revelation that Atium isn't a natural metal but the body of a god it didn't fit with the others and Malatium has the same problem by relation.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, StanLemon said:

I think the biggest thing that was supposed to make Atium and Malatium feel out of place is that they were wholly fictional metals and with the revelation that Atium isn't a natural metal but the body of a god it didn't fit with the others and Malatium has the same problem by relation.

Well yeah, but the thing I'm talking about is how as external metals, atium and malatium "didn't fit the pattern" of the external/internal pairs being different.

Especially now that we know all 16 basic metals, Chromium and Nicrosil are the ONLY exceptions to this. Steel and Pewter aren't the same effect but internal/external, copper and zinc aren't the same but internal/external, and bendalloy and electrum aren't the same but internal/external.

Chromium and aluminum ARE the same effect but internal/external. This is very weird, and I question it every time I think about Chromium.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.