It doesn't take a tineye to see how excited I am to join this group!

DramaQueen

Hello, I just joined this, but I have been a fan of Sanderson for a year or so? I am still very far from understanding the Cosmere, though. I hope to get a lot of my questions answered here! I have enjoyed every single Sanderson book that I have read, not just the ones in the cosmere. I cried at the end of Legion, I am in love with David's metaphors in the Reckoners trilogy, and I long to claim the stars. I cannot count the nights I have stayed up, engulfed in the worlds that Sanderson creates with mere words. I also do theatre, so if there are any other theatre people amongst the Sanderson fanbase, I will gladly befriend you! I think a play/musical of any Sanderson books would be GORGEOUS, but for now I will have to survive on just books. (Still waiting for the Mistborn movie...) There are more of his books that I have not read than I thought, so please make sure that I have read the book/series before you start giving potential spoilers. Once again, super excited to be a part of this group!!!

Edited by RadiantDramaQueen

Welcome to the Shard! Understanding the Cosmere... the mods recently updated their Intro into the Cosmere topic, I'll link you to it

As long as you're caught up to all the released works, you can dive straight into the Coppermind Wiki, and feel free to ask questions here: https://www.17thshard.com/forum/forum/81-cosmere-qa/

1 hour ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

Hello, I just joined this, but I have been a fan of Sanderson for a year or so? I am still very far from understanding the Cosmere, though. I hope to get a lot of my questions answered here! I have enjoyed every single Sanderson book that I have read, not just the ones in the cosmere. I cried at the end of Legion, I am in love with David's metaphors in the Reckoners trilogy, and I long to claim the stars. I cannot count the nights I have stayed up, engulfed in the worlds that Sanderson creates with mere words. I also do theatre, so if there are any other theatre people amongst the Sanderson fanbase, I will gladly befriend you! I think a play/musical of any Sanderson books would be GORGEOUS, but for now I will have to survive on just books. (Still waiting for the Mistborn movie...) I want to make this longer and more interesting, but I can't think of anything else to say! 

Hello , would u like to make some friends today. 

So , wow, it will be decades before we have a complete true understanding of the Cosmere. Look forward to ur theories tho. 

I loved legion as well. The ending was quite sad but also not completely. I didn't cry but my eyeballs got a bit sweaty , na mean ?

I loved David too. Although I only enjoyed steelheart in the trilogy of books.

I loved the Skyward series . Have u read Defending Elysium ?

I'm not a theatre person I'm afraid and I live in Asia so yeah..... 

I think mistborn and other Cosmere books would be better adapted as a series , best as a Animated series. 

Also have u read mistborn era 1.5 aka the wax and Wayne series ?

Just now, PrinceGenocide said:

Hello , would u like to make some friends today. 

So , wow, it will be decades before we have a complete true understanding of the Cosmere. Look forward to ur theories tho. 

I loved legion as well. The ending was quite sad but also not completely. I didn't cry but my eyeballs got a bit sweaty , na mean ?

I loved David too. Although I only enjoyed steelheart in the trilogy of books.

I loved the Skyward series . Have u read Defending Elysium ?

I'm not a theatre person I'm afraid and I live in Asia so yeah..... 

I think mistborn and other Cosmere books would be better adapted as a series , best as a Animated series. 

Also have u read mistborn era 1.5 aka the wax and Wayne series ?

I have not read Defending Elysium, you should definitely listen to some musicals (some of my faves are Tuck Everlasting, Wicked, Into the Woods, but almost all of them are good,) a Mistborn movie is in the process, which is why I said that, but I do think an animated series would be pretty great. I have read Wax and Wayne, I enjoyed it, but not as much as the original Mistborn trilogy.

On 7/4/2020 at 3:09 AM, R J said:

That reminds me, since you like Reckoners so much... have you heard of Worm?

I don't believe so... Can you give me more details? I might have heard of it but it's not coming to mind currently.

Edited by DramaQueen

50 minutes ago, R J said:

Welcome to the Shard! Understanding the Cosmere... the mods recently updated their Intro into the Cosmere topic, I'll link you to it

As long as you're caught up to all the released works, you can dive straight into the Coppermind Wiki, and feel free to ask questions here: https://www.17thshard.com/forum/forum/81-cosmere-qa/

I have actually gone to a site or something that I think was the same as the Cosmere 101. I don't think I've read all of the released works, but I have read a lot of them. I have also already looked at the Coppermind Wiki.

5 minutes ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

I have not read Defending Elysium, you should definitely listen to some musicals (some of my faves are Tuck Everlasting, Wicked, Into the Woods, but almost all of them are good,) a Mistborn movie is in the process, which is why I said that, but I do think an animated series would be pretty great. I have read Wax and Wayne, I enjoyed it, but not as much as the original Mistborn trilogy.

Bro u should definitely read Defending Elysium then. It's just a few pages but it's amazing. It ties in with another series u have read. 

Also u have read band of mourning then right ?

2 minutes ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

I have actually gone to a site or something that I think was the same as the Cosmere 101. I don't think I've read all of the released works, but I have read a lot of them. I have also already looked at the Coppermind Wiki.

Be careful of spoilers  then , esp if u haven't read all the Cosmere works . U will find a whole lo of em. Esp in the general Sanderson section. 

Have u read Arcanum unbounded ?

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

1 minute ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

I have read Wax and Wayne, I enjoyed it, but not as much as the original Mistborn trilogy.

Give it time. It's the series I've found myself rereading the most often. But after era 1, when I first started trying to read it, it felt... shallow, frivolous, tacky. But that's because the tone is different, the setting is no longer quite the same and the old characters are (mostly) gone. Again, give it time.

Just now, RadiantDramaQueen said:

I don't believe so... Can you give me more details? I might have heard of it but its not coming to mind currently.

It's a superhero free-to-read-online webnovel. It's like a mature rated Reckoners. It's really lengthy (more than A Song of Ice and Fire... and just as violent). It's known for being grimdark but the action sequences and character development are terrific.

1 minute ago, PrinceGenocide said:

Bro u should definitely read Defending Elysium then. It's just a few pages but it's amazing. It ties in with another series u have read. 

Also u have read band of mourning then right ?

Be careful of spoilers  then , esp if u haven't read all the Cosmere works . U will find a whole lo of em. Esp in the general Sanderson section. 

Have u read Arcanum unbounded ?

I'm planning on hopefully eventually reading everything by Brando Sando, I have not read band of mourning, again, hopefully planning on it, but I've only read the Sanderson books that my family owns, and for some reason we don't own that one. I think I've read at least most of the Cosmere works, definitely the more popular ones. I had hoped to get Arcanum Unbounded, but that did not happen, so I have not yet gotten the chance to read that.

Wow, this is making me feel like there's a lot of Sanderson stuff I don't know. I'm usually at least one of the most knowledgeable about his works...

5 minutes ago, R J said:

Give it time. It's the series I've found myself rereading the most often. But after era 1, when I first started trying to read it, it felt... shallow, frivolous, tacky. But that's because the tone is different, the setting is no longer quite the same and the old characters are (mostly) gone. Again, give it time.

It's a superhero free-to-read-online webnovel. It's like a mature rated Reckoners. It's really lengthy (more than A Song of Ice and Fire... and just as violent). It's known for being grimdark but the action sequences and character development are terrific.

With Wax and Wayne, the more steampunk style isn't really my thing? I don't know, it didn't have nearly as much of the magic and romance, which are probably my two favorite parts of Sanderson books.

I definitely have not heard of Worm, then. It sounds like something I'd like, though.

Yeah , when I first read Alloy of Law ( AoL ) , I thought so too. I read the prologue , it was exciting and grimdark as I expected. 

Then I move on and wth ??? It's all so..... Comic and funny and watered down

I didn't touch it again for a month. But then I started and I Loved it just as much as era 1.

Worm is good . Rj is always pushing it on ppl. :P 

MeI push sci-fi short stories by Greg Egan and Japanese horror novels. :D

But both our recommendations have got gore, violence , profanity. So be warned .

Also rj can introduce u to other web novels as well. I quite like the zombie knight saga. 

2 minutes ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

I'm planning on hopefully eventually reading everything by Brando Sando, I have not read band of mourning, again, hopefully planning on it, but I've only read the Sanderson books that my family owns, and for some reason we don't own that one. I think I've read at least most of the Cosmere works, definitely the more popular ones. I had hoped to get Arcanum Unbounded, but that did not happen, so I have not yet gotten the chance to read that.

Wow, this is making me feel like there's a lot of Sanderson stuff I don't know. I'm usually at least one of the most knowledgeable about his works...

Hmmmm , dude maybe u shouldn't be on the shard then or should limit urself to stormlight forum ( but even that has major spoilers for Arcanum unbounded (AU) so be careful ).

AU is perhaps among the most important book in interconnecting all the series. 

1 minute ago, PrinceGenocide said:

Hmmmm , dude maybe u shouldn't be on the shard then or should limit urself to stormlight forum ( but even that has major spoilers for Arcanum unbounded (AU) so be careful ).

AU is perhaps among the most important book in interconnecting all the series. 

I'm not diving too deep into the forums yet, just trying to make some friends and get book recommendations, so... so far so good I guess!

Hopefully, I will soon be able to read every Brandon Sanderson book, then I'll probably become more involved in the forums.

6 minutes ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

With Wax and Wayne, the more steampunk style isn't really my thing? I don't know, it didn't have nearly as much of the magic and romance, which are probably my two favorite parts of Sanderson books.

I'd say Wax and Wayne is the one where I actually looked forward to the romance more than any other Sanderson work.

Just now, R J said:

I'd say Wax and Wayne is the one where I actually looked forward to the romance more than any other Sanderson work.

It has been a while since I've read it, so maybe I'm forgetting parts of it. I'd love to reread it, but maybe I should read those of his books that I haven't read first.

1 minute ago, RadiantDramaQueen said:

I'm not diving too deep into the forums yet, just trying to make some friends and get book recommendations, so... so far so good I guess!

Hopefully, I will soon be able to read every Brandon Sanderson book, then I'll probably become more involved in the forums.

Oh then it's fine I guess. But u should start off by saying u haven't read BoM or AU yet. 

Many might accidentally drop major spoilers if not assuming u have read it. 

I mean I hadn't read stormlight Archives and I visited this page once. Major spoilers.  3 of them Actually. 

Just now, RadiantDramaQueen said:

It has been a while since I've read it, so maybe I'm forgetting parts of it. I'd love to reread it, but maybe I should read those of his books that I haven't read first.

Definitely! When you come back to Wax and Wayne after the heavier stuff elsewhere, you'll be in a position to appreciate it much better

Just now, PrinceGenocide said:

Oh then it's fine I guess. But u should start off by saying u haven't read BoM or AU yet. 

Many might accidentally drop major spoilers if not assuming u have read it. 

I mean I hadn't read stormlight Archives and I visited this page once. Major spoilers.  3 of them Actually. 

Ohhhh what spoilers were they? That would not be fun. I will definitely be careful of that.

9 hours ago, Mist said:

Welcome! What's your favorite book? 

It's really hard to choose a favorite out of my children, but I really like the Reckoners trilogy.

But Mistborn is also awesome, Spook is my fantasy boyfriend.