Danex

Mobile Signatures

8 posts in this topic

I’ve recently had to transition to using my phone to be on the Shard, and I cannot figure out how to display signatures for the life of me. Is it possible on mobile? Are there any other mobile-only things I should be aware of? 

You cannot display signatures on mobile, to the best of my knowledge. 

Signatures do not display on mobile, sorry. There are a variety of reasons for this but I think the main one is that it would add a lot more scrolling to forum topics, even with our pretty draconian signature restrictions. 

There are some other mobile only changes that are necessary for the viewport that phones have. For example, in the editor box, there are less buttons on top. This is because displaying things across two lines would be... not great.

Okay, thanks. I wish displaying sigs was an option but what can ya do 

lol while trying to add a shrug emoji at the end here I learned another mobile restriction.

guess emoticons will have to do  =P

Posted (edited)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

use these.

There are emoji restrictions so you're only allowed to use the ones that are offered by the Shard but you can still use all-symbol emoticons.

Edited by R J

Emojis currently can't be displayed on the Shard but that will change this summer.

Pertinent information: it appears that when my phone is in landscape mode, signatures and titles show up. I have no idea why this is or whether it works consistently.

2 minutes ago, FriarFritz said:

Pertinent information: it appears that when my phone is in landscape mode, signatures and titles show up. I have no idea why this is or whether it works consistently.

It's a width/viewport thing. Responsive designs are built off of knowing how wide your screen is. So in landscape, it's in Tablet mode, so some UI is a little different.