Secret Joke in CtA art?

RShara

12 minutes ago, ChickenLiberty said:

No, the coppermind is correct. A significant portion of the letters on this picture are incorrect, and many of the words are misspelled. 

The part that the joke was found in actually starts out like, "Buth tho be perfechthly and chompleathly ioneshth..."

Oh, thanks.

Adolin line reads something like:

"Adolin is such a fa??iona"

Edited by The_Truthwatcher

10 hours ago, RShara said:

I'll ask about the misspellings. I suspect they're just due to the artist not really being fluent in women's script (and who could blame him?) and wanting it to look good, rather than 100% accurate.

It's also possible that the misspellings come from Women's Script not having all the same letters/sounds as Romance languages, and English especially has so many weird rules and stuff that those might actually be the best translations. I counted, only 26 characters and some are "CH" and "SH", so some letters must be missing.

27 minutes ago, Hoidolasium said:

It's also possible that the misspellings come from Women's Script not having all the same letters/sounds as Romance languages, and English especially has so many weird rules and stuff that those might actually be the best translations. I counted, only 26 characters and some are "CH" and "SH", so some letters must be missing.

Some letters can mean two different things, like U can also be W.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I think I see where some of the typos are coming from. Early on someone made a .ttf file from the translation key, but it had several inaccuracies -- ranging from little things like line heights/angles to larger things like transposed letters. It also coded [sh], [th], and [ch] as capital S, T, and C. It seems like the artist got got ahold of that font file and used it to lay out the text. It's particularly obvious in the artwork for Stick, which has larger, more legible text.

Edited by Harakeke