Hi

17 minutes ago, Adran Oathbreaker said:

Easy. That would be Amaram. :D

Now, who's yours? 

He's up there, so is Sadeas & the Bridgecrews managers Hashal and Matal, there's also Dilaf the crazy priest. I never liked Elhokar either. There's also Ais the Trackt, if you've read either versions of White Sand 

1 minute ago, R J said:

He's up there, so is Sadeas & the Bridgecrews managers Hashal and Matal, there's also Dilaf the crazy priest. I never liked Elhokar either. There's also Ais the Trackt, if you've read either versions of White Sand 

Oooh. I almost forgot Dilaf. Well, Sadeas is a sonuvastorm, and Amaram is nothing but crem. Elhokar? Hmm. So-so. And Ais... Yeah, totally understandable :P

11 minutes ago, R J said:

How did you discover Sanderson?

So, I'm a fan of Wheel of Time and quite saddened when Mr. Jordan died and couldn't finish the series. Then Brando took up the mantle and concluded the series spectacularly. Which made me an insta fan. Then, I searched our school's library for his book and stumbled upon Emperor's Soul (yep, my 1st Brando book), and I enjoyed it, so I bought Warbreaker. That made me a solid fan. :wub:

48 minutes ago, Adran Oathbreaker said:

So, I'm a fan of Wheel of Time and quite saddened when Mr. Jordan died and couldn't finish the series. Then Brando took up the mantle and concluded the series spectacularly. Which made me an insta fan. Then, I searched our school's library for his book and stumbled upon Emperor's Soul (yep, my 1st Brando book), and I enjoyed it, so I bought Warbreaker. That made me a solid fan. :wub:

Wow, what a solid way to begin! Did you have trouble getting into Elantris like many people tend to if they read it later than other Cosmere books? 

17 hours ago, Adran Oathbreaker said:

Uhh hi? I've been Brandon's fan for so long but I never joined any social platforms. So, yeah. Being stuck at home makes us try new things, I guess hahaha. 

Hello there! Welcome to the 17th Shard! I'm very social-media shy as well, but I finally plucked up the courage to make an account on here and over on Reddit. I like your avatar as well. Is Kaz your favorite character in Six of Crows?

1 hour ago, Adran Oathbreaker said:

Awesome story! It's nice to see another person who discovered Brando through his novellas. My first Brando book was Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell. 

6 hours ago, R J said:

Did you have trouble getting into Elantris like many people tend to if they read it later than other Cosmere books? 

Oh, so that's a phenomenon? :o Well, kinda. It's probably because the way he delivered the narrative is a little different than what I associate with the "Brando Style." 

6 hours ago, Clarity-Art said:

Hello there! Welcome to the 17th Shard! I'm very social-media shy as well, but I finally plucked up the courage to make an account on here and over on Reddit. I like your avatar as well. Is Kaz your favorite character in Six of Crows?

Hey! Wow somebody recognized Kaz. Yep, I like that character. Also, I'm glad I'm not the only shy-type around here. :D

Welcome to the Shard!

When I saw "Adran," I immediately thought "Powder Mage" (series of novels & e-novellas by Brian McClellan who was a student of Brandon's at BYU). Is your user name a reference to that? If not, & if you've never read McClellan but would like to check out the Powder Mage world, a good place to start is with the e-novella "Ghosts of the Tristan Basin" - inexpensive & short but a great story!

9 hours ago, Iarwainiel said:

Welcome to the Shard!

When I saw "Adran," I immediately thought "Powder Mage" (series of novels & e-novellas by Brian McClellan who was a student of Brandon's at BYU). Is your user name a reference to that? If not, & if you've never read McClellan but would like to check out the Powder Mage world, a good place to start is with the e-novella "Ghosts of the Tristan Basin" - inexpensive & short but a great story!

OMG!!! Yes! Field Marshal Tamas! Wow, that's amazing. People in the Shard are so diverse. And Clarity-Art called me out coz she recognized my avatar, Kaz from Six of Crows.