Hello there, 17th Shard!

Clarity-Art

Hello there, 17th Shard! The name's Clarity-Art, or just Clarity. I've been a lurker on these forums since last year, and only now did I decide to work up the nerve to make an account here. I also have a Reddit account and regularly lurk on the Cosmere, Stormlight, and other fantasy and science fiction subreddits. Along with all of the Cosmere (minus Edgedancer, which I started recently), I've also knocked out ASOIAF, The Lies of Locke Lamora, Red Rising, Dune, The Name of the Wind, and numerous other books that I can barely remember. I discovered the Cosmere last February when I first picked up Mistborn Era 1, and ever since then, I've been rolling right through the rest of the Cosmere works. I'm a Cosmere fan artist, but I haven't quite found the guts to post my art over on Reddit yet, so it's all stuck on my Instagram account. Praise be to botanicaxu, jazzykandra, and Felcandy for inspiring me to start making fan art. Anyways, nice to meet you all, and I can't wait to begin my little journey here! 

15 minutes ago, R J said:

Welcome aboard! All solid choices, those books, except the Gentlemen Bastards, the next two books are a disappointment, and much like George R R Martin and Patrick Rothfuss, he too is stuck.

I actually enjoyed Red Seas Under Red Skies enough to reread it a few times, mostly as inspiration for a pirate-related subplot in one of my WIP novels. But I agree with you on Republic of Thieves: it was a prolonged and unsatisfying novel that somehow managed to turn every character on their heads. I heard that Lynch is in editing phases for the fourth book in the Gentlemen Bastards sequences, but not worth getting my hopes up. At least I have RoW on the horizon!

19 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Welcome to the Shard! Who's your favorite cosmere character? Also, bonus question: what's your favorite magic system of the cosmere?

Oh, heck, I've never thought about this. I'd say that Shai is probably my favorite character, since I relate to her quite a bit and I adore the world of The Emperor's Soul. Shallan is my second favorite, and I'd say that Vin and Marasi are tied for my third favorite. As for magic systems, I think that my favorite one has to be Surgebinding, but personally, I'm fond of the Aviars over on Drominad. I'd love a magical island chicken with cool powers!

5 minutes ago, Clarity-Art said:

Oh, heck, I've never thought about this. I'd say that Shai is probably my favorite character, since I relate to her quite a bit and I adore the world of The Emperor's Soul. Shallan is my second favorite, and I'd say that Vin and Marasi are tied for my third favorite.

Good choices all. Emperor's Soul was very good for how short it was.

6 minutes ago, Clarity-Art said:

As for magic systems, I think that my favorite one has to be Surgebinding, but personally, I'm fond of the Aviars over on Drominad. I'd love a magical island chicken with cool powers!

Surgebinding is pretty cool, I'll give you that. Have you taken the official Radiant Order quiz yet?

Thank you, Spren of Kindness and Karger! Nice to meet you. 

2 hours ago, Invocation said:

Good choices all. Emperor's Soul was very good for how short it was.

Surgebinding is pretty cool, I'll give you that. Have you taken the official Radiant Order quiz yet?

I've taken the official Radiant Order quiz and it says that I'm a Truthwatcher. 

1 hour ago, Mist said:

Welcome! What's your favorite book(s)?

I think that Oathbringer currently holds the top favorite spot, but I really enjoy reading Shadows for Silence in the Forest of Hell. It was the first work of Sanderson's that I ever read, and I have an interest in seeing where he takes the Threnody storyline. 

39 minutes ago, Frustration said:

General Kenobi!

I'm sorry I couldn't resist, Hi.

FINALLY! I specifically titled this post with the "hello there" in the hopes that someone would reply with the classic "General Kenobi" from the meme. Thank you, fellow Sanderfan. 

8 minutes ago, GoWibble said:

Welcome to the Shard!

since Invocation already asked it, I'll do a variation:

What is your favorite non-cosmere magic system (not necessarily just Brandon)

My favorite non-Cosmere magic system? Hmmmm. I'd have to say that the magic system from Christopher Paolini's The Inheritance Cycle is probably my favorite one. I totally get that The Inheritance Cycle is derivative, but the magic system is so multi-faceted and well-explained that I still remember it to this day. 

25 minutes ago, Clarity-Art said:

FINALLY! I specifically titled this post with the "hello there" in the hopes that someone would reply with the classic "General Kenobi" from the meme. Thank you, fellow Sanderfan. 

You are a bold one.

It feels so good to find another so wise in the way of memes.

If you need anything here feel free to ask.

18 hours ago, Frustration said:

You are a bold one.

It feels so good to find another so wise in the way of memes.

If you need anything here feel free to ask.

Thank you kindly!

13 hours ago, Invocation said:

Truthwatcher squad!

truthwatcher squad! Funnily enough, I haven't seen a whole lot of Truthwatchers around the fandom. Over on Reddit, there are a whole lot of Lightweavers, Edgedancers, Willshapers, and Elsecallers. I have a friend who's an Elsecaller, I think. 

16 minutes ago, Clarity-Art said:

truthwatcher squad! Funnily enough, I haven't seen a whole lot of Truthwatchers around the fandom. Over on Reddit, there are a whole lot of Lightweavers, Edgedancers, Willshapers, and Elsecallers. I have a friend who's an Elsecaller, I think. 

Yeah, I honestly expected Truthwatcher to be more common. There's a fair few all grouped into a single websection of the fandom, but it still seems a little underrepresented. 

8 hours ago, Invocation said:

Yeah, I honestly expected Truthwatcher to be more common. There's a fair few all grouped into a single websection of the fandom, but it still seems a little underrepresented. 

I did see a Truthwatcher in the wild today on the Stormlight subreddit, but that's been the first one I've seen in ages. I've also noticed that there aren't a whole lot of Dusbringers or Stonewards around in the fandom, which is interesting.