Co-located Perpendicularities

Storyspren

I was wondering recently if there is any reason to think perpendicularities of disparate shards can be co-located. 

In Mistborn, there’s almost an example of this when

Spoiler

All the lerasium beads are located near the Well of Ascension.

Meanwhile, the Horneater origin legend says that

Spoiler

All three gods used lots of power there to allow the Horneaters to live there, except the Mountain god, who just let it happen because the other gods were willing to do it. 

Those two things made me wonder if cultivation’s perpendicularity might be only 

Spoiler

One of three perpendicularities in the peaks.

That’s probably wrong but maybe something like that is possible. Perpendicularities could be really near each other or even in the very same physical space, powers intertwined. 

That could be really weird if the powers were intertwined. Would anyone even be able to take up one power without also taking up the other? Becoming like a partial harmony or a double lord ruler?

I just think that could be really interesting if it were possible, but it seems like it would be difficult or impossible to do, particularly with powers from shards of opposing intents. 

What does the jury say?

(Please excuse typos and all other standard disclaimers apply.)

The Well of Ascension was Preservation's own Perpendicularity, which he was using to imprison Ruin. Preservation did do some weird stuff to the Well, but that's not relevant right now. Ruin's Perpendicularity was below the Pits of Hathsin.

The Horneater legend might either be just a myth, historically inaccurate or the "gods" might've been spren.

I think it's just Cultivation's Perpendicularity before the Horneater "Oceans".

Perpendicularities of Shard with opposing Intents would probably not form naturally, if this is possible, which I think it probably is. We've seen powers mingling before, in fact all Shards were one long ago, so it's probably possible.

I think it would depend heavily on the shards (and vessels) in question.  It seems like it would be far more likely on Roshar, for example, than on Scadrial where the vessels are fighting and the intents themselves are almost directly opposed.  By contrast on Roshar the two shards are married and their investiture is intermixed all over the place in the spren themselves.  While they didnt apparently have mingled Perpendicularities as far as we've seen, I think they could have a lot more easily.  Im curious how thing where in the old days on Sel. 

It's possible:

Questioner

Could the Investiture of two different Shards with separate Vessels create their own perpendicularity together?

Brandon Sanderson

Two different - so like, the Vessels of two different shards, okay-

Questioner

Yeah, not Harmony.

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah, yeah, yeah. This is plausible. There could be a mixed perpendicularity.

Bonn Signing (May 15, 2019)

4 hours ago, Elegy said:

It's possible:

Thank you for that WOB hero! Thank you many times over.

So now I need to go find the club where people think voluntarily colocated Perpendicularities are what is really keeping Odium on Roshar (similarly trapping Cultivation and Honor).