Zachary Holcomb had a serious problem.

He'd tried his luck with three different parties in the last 48 hours. The grand blowout at the Cett Mansion, of course. The weekly luncheon with the ZoBells, most assuredly. He'd even gotten desperate and finally caved to the incessant stream of invitations to attend the opening event of that dingy little tower the Harmons had just put up, and regretted every minute of it. The problem Zachary faced was gossip. Specifically, a distinct lack of it. The silence spoke of things unspoken to his face.

News spread like wildfire, and right now the buzz was all about him. Hard to have a good conversation face-to-face when everyone was talking behind your back. Hard to catch wind of any good scandals when the one everyone was talking about these days was one you were already intimately familiar with.

How the rusts had the Harmons of all people already heard all about it? Didn't these people have anything better to do? Like wildfire, indeed.

Surely there was a party somewhere he could go to that wasn't ruined. Again, he rifled through his stack of invitations. Again, he came up with only one card that fit the bill. The invitation was a horrendous patchwork of ink blots that some heroic secretary had painstakingly polished to the point of decipherability.

Breezehome Manor. In Bilming, of all places. Zachary knew he was scraping the bottom of the barrel, but what choice did he have?

(TL;DR I am signing up as Zachary Holcomb, the Socialite)

20 minutes ago, A Windrunner said:

Can I be Sian Rohung I found my invitation on the side of the road on my way here from the roughs.

Sure. Just let me know if you have a RP character/cosmetic role in mind. It's okay to not have one either!

44 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Sure. Just let me know if you have a RP character/cosmetic role in mind. It's okay to not have one either!

This is my first Sanderson elimination game so I'm honestly not sure what either of those things are,;) if you want to you can just give me one.

18 minutes ago, Mist said:

I think Sian Rohung is your roleplay (RP) character. The cosmetic role is something you do in your RP. The first post in this topic lists some.

:blink:So do I already have those:huh:?

Just now, A Windrunner said:

:blink:So do I already have those:huh:?

You have a character. If you want a cosmetic role, pick something you want to do in your roleplay every cycle.

19 minutes ago, Mist said:

You have a character. If you want a cosmetic role, pick something you want to do in your roleplay every cycle.

I think I'll stock up on food before I'm kicked out:P

Edited by A Windrunner

Sophie stood on the corner of steel and Dox street, staring down at the invitation clutched in her hand. She wouldn’t even be here if she hadn’t come to a nearby town to look at a litter of puppies. It would have been a few days before she could pick them up, and so she had come here.

Sophie had absolutely no clue why she had even gotten the invitation. She only knew the lord because he happened to own a patch of land next to her own, and he once happened to get absolutely lost and almost had a run in with the local bear.

So, here she was, in a city. Sophie hated cities. They were loud, noisy, and big. She was staring at the invitation, trying to decipher the poor handwriting when she had almost gotten run over by one of those new fangled horseless carriages. No respect for decent pedestrians!

Well, having to attend a party was at least better than the time she had gotten caught in between a patch of brambleberries and that Mama Bear! Although not by much.

12 hours ago, A Windrunner said:

I think I'll stock up on food before I'm kicked out:P

As Drake says, excellent priorities, welcome! I'll add that in. Loving the initial RP I'm seeing from people!

Cycle One:

Appointment With Death

I never really had any beef with Talbot Oswin. Lord Tal, I call him sometimes. Even to his face. He laughs at me. Lord Tal's friendly like that. Don't see no reason why anyone would ice him.

'Course, I haven't worked here long. Been here...I reckon...six months now? That's half a year. I tend the garden, mostly. Do what needs doing. Sometimes Lord Tal asks me to haul some packages for him. Then I walk out to the railway station or the post office. Depending. 

Lots of flowers in the garden. So many of 'em pretty. Don't really know their names. Last gardener left notes, see. Hard to keep 'em all straight. They blur together in your head after a while. But those are good drawings, aren't they? And then it ain't difficult to work out what a plant needs, see. 'Cause he wrote it all down there. Good for me since I don't care to know much about plants. But looking after the garden, it's quiet. Peaceful, even. And Lord Tal pays well.

Doesn't even mind hiring a kig. Better than I can say of those Elendel lads and gixies.

What did you say your name was?

Well, okay...if that's what you want. Not sure why you want to hear it from me, though. So, Lord Tal was all excited, because he was throwing a big party. He loves his parties, Lord Tal. Had us all cleaning that fancy house of his. Then I weeded the garden. Have to keep it looking pretty for the guests. 

Lady Prissy tells me to keep an eye out for 'em, show 'em where they need to go. Guess it wouldn't be good if they got lost. That's where I first met you. Getting off the train, all that. I took your bags. Then I showed you to the house proper.

Suspicions? I dunno.

There was one of you, I guess. Nattering away about plants and animals. The plants are pretty, sure, but who likes them this much? Fair unnatural, I'd say. Then there was the cove touching his earring. Pretty shiny I guess. Ain't sure why you'd need to talk to Harmony at a party. Oh! And there was that old man, grouchy as anything. Called himself Lord Heron. Think he's any relation?

'Course, if I'd known what I did now, I'd have looked closer. Maybe I'd have found whoever iced Lord Tal. Hiding somewhere among you. Like a small weed in the flower patch.

Ain't that a party.

cHxBHopirixn2Inz-8nsMHt8M9BymNls8IFuuHyZJtrpYPj8iG4gHb1Vmhja8ZYt91h7dzpLnrXgZlm8qi8MEsX691mPBKZD6SfBQrf_Y7tuLSUZF2f5E0ee_ReiTjxQOoT0jGsI

Apologies for the delay; had some mild PM issues that should be sorted out by now. Anyone who has not received a PM, please be patient as I check through the list once again. Please be reminded the cycle is a no-lynch, no-kill cycle that will end tomorrow, 6th July, 2200hrs, with the new cycle to begin an hour later at 2300hrs, GMT+8.

Have fun!

Rule Clarifications

Spoiler

1. Pinch-hitters will only be available upon request if there are pinch-hitters. If you go inactive without saying anything to the GM and IM, then the filter will take effect after two consecutive cycles. 

2. Role and alignment are both revealed upon death.

3. What can you do on Cycle One? You can talk to each other :) You won't be in any rooms but that doesn't mean you can't search: in the known Order of Actions (#11), Rooms come before Searching in terms of priority, so at the end of Cycle One, assuming you send in a room vote, you can move into a room and Search it. 

4. Voting for rooms will work like QF6, except I won't be enforcing a hard limit on how many people there are in a room. All people who voted for a specific room will generally (*mild PAFO here) go into the specific room.

5. With regard to whether there are actions other than searching: I mean, if you're a Killer with the kill, you can kill instead. Or explain to your teammates in that one PM that yeah sorry, I chose to search instead of kill :P But okay, more seriously, PAFO.

Player List

Spoiler

1. TJ Shade playing as Loqlaw Mora, thief.
2. Gears playing as Augusta Christine, a popular mystery author and noblewoman.
3. Orlok Tsubodai playing as Locke Tekiel, an Elendel banker.
4. StrikerEZ playing as Variel Ulring, former flame, and a quiet man who spent some time at the same university as Talbot while studying the histories of pre-Catacendre Scadrial.
5. Eternum playing as Aiden Ostlin, Talbot Oswin's very bored noble cousin.
6. Mist playing as Lumen, a retired lawman.
7. Elbereth playing as El, apothecary.
8. Vapor playing as Vapor, a blue-blooded young woman.
9. Araris Valerian playing as Ookla the Curmudgeonly, the now ancient Lord Heron and all-around old guy.
10. Lord_Silberfarben playing as Lord Nahr Silberfarben, a noble taken with the trendy idea of being a mafia GM!
11. Burnt Spaghetti playing as Amber "Squirrel" Ghetti, a young budding artist under the impression she's been commissioned.
12. MysticLotus playing as Sophia, a naturalist/forest ranger.
13. The_Truthwatcher playing as Watcher, a fellow classmate of Talbot who helped him once, and a pre-Catacendre history buff.
14. xinoehp512
15. Lahilt playing as Thaill, a worldhopper.
16. DrakeMarshall playing as Zachary Holcomb, renowed gossip and socialite.
17. A Windrunner playing as Sian Rohung, who found the invitation by the roadside and is stocking up on food.
18. Devotary of Spontaneity playing as Beral, a devout Pathian whose greatest wish is to serve Harmony forever as a Faceless Immortal.

Edited by Kasimir

Augusta Christine walked through Lord Talbot's garden, smiling to herself. Her recent book had been well-received by the publishers. Toby and Tabitha, two amateur detectives who were "partners in crime" as the saying goes, though really they fought crime rather than committed crime. As she went back inside, she saw a servant crying in the corner. 

"What's wrong?" she asked the servant, who sniffled a few times before mustering a response.

"Talbot's been murdered!" the poor thing wailed. "And one of you did it!"

Augusta drew back with a gasp. Talbot dead? One of the guests a killer? What a story that would make! Of course, she would cut down on characters. Twenty was far too many. Ten? Eight? Yes, ten sounded good. Ten characters, one of them a killer. Oh yes, that would work splendidly. And of course, poor Talbot, how awful for him, but then again, she'd never really been too fond of him. 

She walked towards the Study to write this idea down before she forgot it.

Note: I have been a bit loose about chronology here (you can probably see why), so if you all want to get in any deceased Talbot RP, that's fine, go ahead and have fun! - any 'alive and during the party' RP will have to be during this cycle only as the chase will most definitely be afoot during the next cycle.

Now or never, people! :P 

[The following is occurring before my previous RP. Feel free to RP with me by taking the place of a faceless guest.]

Augusta Christine smiled at some of her fellow guests and accepted a champagne flute from a passing waiter. The manor was truly lovely. The chandeliers were incandescent with lit crystals, sending scattered rainbows across the walls. Everything gleamed, from the silverware to the paint on the ceiling. Did Lord Talbot put crushed gems in his ceiling? It certainly looked like it. 

She sat in an extremely comfy armchair and sipped her champagne. After a moment, she turned to the person sitting in the next chair over and said, "Are you enjoying the party?

28 minutes ago, Gears said:

She sat in an extremely comfy armchair and sipped her champagne. After a moment, she turned to the person sitting in the next chair over and said, "Are you enjoying the party?

"I am." Watcher said with a small smile. "You are Ms. Christine? The famous author?" He signaled a passing waiter, taking a champagne flute.

Just now, The_Truthwatcher said:

"I am." Watcher said with a small smile. "You are Ms. Christine? The famous author?" He signaled a passing waiter, taking a champagne flute.

"Why yes!" Augusta said happily. "Have you read my books?"

1 minute ago, Vapor said:

Vapor stared at the woman. "Are you talking to me?"

Augusta turned to look at the person sitting in the other comfortable armchair. "I could if you want me to, darling," she said. "Would you like to chat?"