Another introduction!

Hello! I am a new user, you can see my name right here so I don't have to write it. I chose it because I got Truthwatcher in the Official Knights Radiant Quiz, and even though I actually prefer zinc's feruchemical power, copper is pretty cool as it comes to it.

I have read all of Brandon's officially published cosmere books and haven't read a lot of other things by him - only a little of The Reckoners series and the first book of Alcatraz.

I guess I might as well say I'm israely, jewish, and... well, no real reason to tell everything. oh, and I am of the type that likes to talk a lot - we have a word for those in hebrew, I don't know an english word for that - so I may as well start, I guess.

first, I want to say I like mistborn era 2 more than most other cosmere books, though it, of course, dosen't mean I hold any dislike towards any cosmere book. I may try to reason with rubix about owning my soul and selling it for a donut - he has no proof I didn't yoddle with a shoe on my head, and thus, he can't prove any right for my soul. I do like cookies, especially chocolate chip ones, but I think I'm allergic to the hemallurgically charged ones (it's a bad joke, I know).

Sincerely, I wonder if I'm the only one to read part of this forum before signing. I mean, how comes it seems no one knows of the dark alley before signing? But I guess I'm just mistaken and  lot of people actually signed in exactly for that.

Anyway, nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

that's it, for now, thank you for reading.

Welcome to the Shard! I'll admit I haven't read era 2 yet, but if you like talking theories, and just talking about the common interests that brought us all here, you'll fit right in!  Congrats on being a Truthwatcher, I believe they will be an extremely important order in the future.  I'm an Edgedancer, I chose my username because I make knives as a hobby.  ...and I was sure before I took the test that I'd end up in the Willshapers...  Anyway, you aren't the only one fond of words and tangents!

Also thumbs up for the Dumbledore quote! #Philosopher's Stone

Mist, if they aren't it's one Damnation of a coincidence, lol!

3 hours ago, Mist said:

Are you a Harry Potter fan? 

Well, I guess the quote did gave me in, though I'm not much of a Harry Potter fan as I am a nonsense fan. I can quote some Jabberwocky too, or The Walrus and the Carpenter (I guess I'm an Alice Through the Looking Glass fan).

3 hours ago, Mist said:

What's your favorite magic system?

First, I'm sorry for not answering your questions by order. Second, I'm not sure I have a straight answer. I like the Metallic arts, I guess - more feruchemy than allomancy or hemalurgy - and forgery may be nice. I don't think I know enough about surgebinding to decide about it, but I am a bit disappointed with having the surge of illumination. I don't really like much breaths, and I'll assume we're in cosmere-only preferences, since there are too many other magic systems to count.

Welcome, welcome

That would make you a Ravenclaw, yes?

Then answer this riddle:

It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes out first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter.

15 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

I actually got Hufflepuff in the official Pottermore quiz, but I do prefer Ravenclaw. 

About the riddle, I can remember The Hobbit as well as anyone else. It was darkness, wasn't it? 

It was. :lol:

Hufflepuff, eh? Better remember the right barrels!

I greatly appreciated the Harry Potter reference, that was my obsession before I became a Sanderson fan. I probably still know a lot more about the wizarding world than the cosmere... It's a lot less complex. 

On 6/28/2020 at 9:59 AM, Trutharchivist said:

I mean, how comes it seems no one knows of the dark alley before signing? But I guess I'm just mistaken and  lot of people actually signed in exactly for that.

Don't worry, people aren't allowed to offer cookies in the intro threads anymore. :P

Welcome to the Shard! Keep us updated on whether or not Rubix steals your soul. ;)