Spren of Kindness

Background acting up

10 posts in this topic

The Shadesmar background isn't loading fully.  It cuts off into just purple at the base of the 7 in 17th.  I tried logging out and logging back in, nothing changed.  Is anyone else having this problem?

51 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

The Shadesmar background isn't loading fully.  It cuts off into just purple at the base of the 7 in 17th.  I tried logging out and logging back in, nothing changed.  Is anyone else having this problem?

If you use another browser, or open an incognito, etc. tab, does the problem persist?

No, with incognito it loads right.

Do you have grammarly enabled for the site? it messes with the background on my computer, so maybe that is it

1 hour ago, GoWibble said:

Do you have grammarly enabled for the site? it messes with the background on my computer, so maybe that is it

Nope.

Maybe ctrl+f5 to do a hard refresh on 17S? There were some weird loading things that happened from my maintenance Monday.

54 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Maybe ctrl+f5 to do a hard refresh on 17S? There were some weird loading things that happened from my maintenance Monday.

I just did that multiple times, and it just took me to a different tab.  I've also tried powering off my Chromebook, and that didn't change anything either.

Hmmm. I currently do not know what to tell you. By the way that command shouldn't move you to a different tab, it should just hard refresh the current page.

Ok.  I know very little about how to use technology beyond the copy/paste function, so I'll probably do something in a few days that'll fix it, and will never figure out what.  Thanks anyway!

@Chaos The function keys are a little different on a Chromebook; they kind of don't exist unless you enable them

@Spren of Kindness The command for a hard reload is ctrl+shift+r (I think). It might work to close the page and reopen it.