Bondsmith Powers

Child of Hodor

In the Radiant Order Quiz description of Bondsmiths we get this:

"Anyone can become a Bondsmith, subject to persuading one of the three spren who grant Bondsmith powers. Those powers tend to work differently for one Bondsmith than another, and even those Surges they share with other Orders tend to work differently for Bondsmiths" https://wob.coppermind.net/events/424/#e13781

The Shardcast was wondering how these powers would be different from Bondsmith to Bondsmith. We don't have a lot of examples of this yet, but I think we've  seen some examples when it comes to shardblades, not exactly a power, but it is a thing the spren do for their radiant. 

Wyndle does not like being a sword, so when Lift goes into battle he's a staff. The Stormfather doesn't want to be a summoned into the physical realm at all, but Dalinar is still able to grab what seems to be a piece of the Stormfather and pull him into the physical realm to activate the Oathgate in Oathbringer. 

I don't know how this will apply to Tension and Adhesion. Maybe the Nightwatcher feels differently about Adhering to things than the Stormfather. We do see how Dalinar can spiritually adhere things like the statue in Thaylen City, he's able to perceive that the pieces were one on a spiritual level, while Kaladin does not seem to be able to sense it on that level. That's an example of powers working differently between the orders than within the order. 

The Stormfather's Bondsmith can sense things that used to go together, perhaps the Nightwatcher's Bondsmith will be able to sense things that could belong together and form new spiritual connections, more of a growth / encouraging change view of spiritual adhesion. 

I would say that it was Spiritual Tension which enabled Dalinar to sense the stones' Identity & desire to join together into one whole and Spiritual Adhesion to join the fractured pieces together.

In Nightwatcher's case, as you've predicted it, potential joining would still be Spiritual Tension, I think.