CephandriusTW

spoilers
Thoughts about Truthwatchers Ideals

11 posts in this topic

Hello, Moses here. I would like to share you a theory that I created myself. I have already explained it in the Discord, everyone who saw it liked it and Brandon have said that my theorizing is sound, so I'm very proud of it. Let's get started:

We know for some WoBs that the Truthwatchers are worried about knowledge and helping people with it (I tried to link the wob but I can't since I'm a new member). And, in the Radiants Quiz that was recently released, the new information says that they are worried about the bad use of the knowledge and the leaders trying to deceive the people they lead. So, I think that this Order have some things in common with the Windrunners and the Edgedancers, since all of them are more focused on helping the common people than the elite. Protecting those who can not protect themselves and remembering those who had been forgotten, both of their Second Ideals refers to the common people, to those who the leaders do not really care about. 

Considering all of this and following the example of Windrunners and Edgedancers Second Ideals, focused on the common people, I wrote a theoric PURE Second Ideal for the Truthwatchers. When I say pure, I mean that the spren is not corrupted like Renarin's one. This is it:

 

"I will seek truth, to prevent others from being deceived."

 

What do you think, guys? I hope you like it ^^

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's really good!

Have you gone through @Karger's Ideals theories yet? They should be easy to find through his profile, I think you'll enjoy them. Just remember he worked on them before the official quiz was released!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, R J said:

That's really good!

Have you gone through @Karger's Ideals theories yet? They should be easy to find through his profile, I think you'll enjoy them. Just remember he worked on them before the official quiz was released!

No, I haven't gone yet! I looked in his profile when I read your reply, but I couldn't found them. Where are they?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CephandriusTW said:

No, I haven't gone yet! I looked in his profile when I read your reply, but I couldn't found them. Where are they?

Here:

(the last hidden box has links to predictions about the individual Orders)

(About navigating profiles: there are three blue icons, from left to right they are for: follow, direct message and see all content by that person. If you scroll down and see a menu that says Activity on someone's profile, then they might have an About Me page, blog or the best thing ever - they might be an artist! And you can use that to see their art) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your connection between the Truthwatchers, Edgedancers, and Windrunners makes perfect sense to me, but I'd also like to propose -- for the sake of argument, if nothing else -- that there's some Skybreaker in their alloy of ideals (for lack of a better phrase). Both are very focused on institutions and their rules -- although the Truthwatchers would air toward the "spirit of the law" while Skybreakers would be more likely to follow the "letter of the law". I've quoted the quiz here; their phrasing is convenient, and I think it's because this specifically is one of the main distinctions between Truthwatchers and Skybreakers. The big idea here is that both orders pursue justice, although I'd bet money that they fought often over how to go about it before the Recreance.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that idea for the ideal, but I'm a little uncertain of the exact form.

2 hours ago, PiedPeterPiper said:

although the Truthwatchers would air toward the "spirit of the law" while Skybreakers would be more likely to follow the "letter of the law".

Actually, Truthwatchers are pretty close to being smack dab in the middle, with a sliiight leaning towards the Letter of the Law. Skybreakers, on the other hand, are pretty hardcore Letter.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, asmodeus said:

Actually, Truthwatchers are pretty close to being smack dab in the middle, with a sliiight leaning towards the Letter of the Law. Skybreakers, on the other hand, are pretty hardcore Letter.

What if the letter of the law conflicted with a universal truth?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PiedPeterPiper said:

What if the letter of the law conflicted with a universal truth?

shrugs. What I said before is how the quiz considers it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, PiedPeterPiper said:

What if the letter of the law conflicted with a universal truth?

How would that work? "You must divide by zero once every day."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChickenLiberty said:

How would that work? "You must divide by zero once every day."

Just because someone says you should do something doesn't mean it's the right thing to do -- there are lots of corrupt people in positions of power.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PiedPeterPiper said:

Just because someone says you should do something doesn't mean it's the right thing to do -- there are lots of corrupt people in positions of power.

Right, but I'm just saying that what somebody says to do will hardly ever contradict a universal truth, and if it did, it would be impossible to follow. An instruction that would require you to go against a universal truth would have to be something like, "Decrease the total amount of matter, energy, and Investiture in the universe." Something like that can't be followed. It doesn't matter if you're a Truthwatcher or not. Universal truths are, well, universal.

Edited by ChickenLiberty
Replaced fundamental with universal
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.