Most Deadly Order of Knight

1stBondsmith

3 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

True, but that is a very difficult illusion (I'm assuming)

Depends on the people involved.  Getting young Dalinar to kill his brother would be pretty easy.  Really the results are going to be circumstantial.

Just now, Shard of Reading said:

It would depend on the people, but I think that dustbringers are a lot better, and their kills would take a lot less work.

For just killing people easily and quickly your best option is probably skybreaker.  You can use lashings with minimal training, they allow high degrees of mobility, division gives you excellent offensive options as do the lashings themselves.  If you use division carelessly you are likely to bury yourself under a pile of rock and against experienced opponents abrasion is often a hazard(as we see with Lift vs Nale in edgedancer)

I think both Skybreakers and Elsecallers are terrifying.

Skybreakers have the Surge of Gravitation that basically allow them to throw anyone in the air and there isn't anything that person can really do about it. They also have the surge of Division which I don't really know anything about but it has to be more useful than the Surge of Adhesion that the Windrunners have.

Soulcasting is just completely terrifying as shown by Jasnah in OB where she just basically thinks and she can just...kill...someone. Just...turn them into something else? that's just terrifying. I really wouldn't care what side they are on if anyone can soulcast living things as well as Jasnah can I wouldn't want to be anywhere near them. I would say that this combined with the fact that the Surge of Transportation would allow them to pop up wherever, but is seems that to leave shadesmar they would have to find a perpendicularity so maybe I would change this to Lightweavers - because theoretically they could make you think your surroundings are different than they are as well as soulcast you into whatever. Assuming they are practiced enough.

Also my mind Immediately went to who would be the deadliest assassin so I think it would also depend on the situation. Regardless I am terrified of surgebinders and if I lived on Roshar I think I would be 99% against the reforming of the Knights Radiant. I mean, probably until I saw the Fused...but anyways-

4 minutes ago, Karger said:

For just killing people easily and quickly your best option is probably skybreaker.  You can use lashings with minimal training, they allow high degrees of mobility, division gives you excellent offensive options as do the lashings themselves.  If you use division carelessly you are likely to bury yourself under a pile of rock and against experienced opponents abrasion is often a hazard(as we see with Lift vs Nale in edgedancer)

Alright, you got me. Now I think skybreakers are the best.

My vote goes to those three Orders as well: Skybreakers, Dustbringers, Elsecallers. Their Surges do seem terrifying. Dustbringers probably have the edge in destructive potential, that's what they're known for, but we haven't really seen them go ham crazy yet. Soulcasting & Division are just really good offensively.

I think Lightweavers could become just as destructive by using Illumination to attack instead of casting illusions.

Windrunners' Adhesion can do a lot more than stick people together, it could be used to manipulate atmospheric pressure.

15 minutes ago, Illwei said:

How would that work?

Adhesion is the Surge of pressure and vacuum, in the Physical Realm, it often works by manipulating atmospheric pressure to stick things (this is how you can stick a glass or bowl to your face by putting the container over your mouth and sucking in the air). In Oathbringer, Kaladin manipulates atmospheric pressure to part the Highstorm around him.

Edited by R J

On 6/24/2020 at 8:02 PM, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

Skybreakers definitely beat dustbringer. I say they also have an advantage against elsecallers. 1v1 combat the elsecaller cant use their ace in the hole because the skybreakers to invested. Against an army I'd reckon Division beats Transformation 

Elsecallers could go to CR and lay in wait of a Skybreaker then jump out to attack.  But honestly a Willshaper could do the same except (like someone already said) bury them. 

You just follow their light from the other side. Wait to pounce when you know they think you're gone. 

In pure, brutal fight Skybreakers. Definitly. Great mobility and pure destructivr power.

Willshapers and Elsecallers are destructive AF, but they have some important limitations, in normal situation they cannot teleport anyway they want, they cannot also used Surges far away from them.

But the most terrifying, the most difficoult to fight against and with the largest possibility to just plant chaos is definitly Lightweaver. Agains Lightweaver you simply canot trust senses, he can turn your friends against you and you will not even know this. Lightweaver also have Transformation Surge, he can kill people as easy as Elsecaller, but can also change whole battlefield, and noone will notice this untill will be too late. Thanks to ilusions Lightweaver can literaly tear whole city apart from inside, or cause whole armies to run away in panic.

And noone even will see him. This is the most important thing. Every other Radiant is always visible (We dont know yet, how Truthwachers power works, but it seems they work different), so can be attacked. But not Lighweaver.

Lightweaver can be pure Chaos.

Edited by Bzhydack

In Jasnah's WoR POV that didn't make the book's cut, she sees the scar that was left when she moved into Shadesmar after being stabbed on the boat. They can teleport back (with enough Stormlight).  Also, they have the Surge of Transportation that does permit them to use surges far away.  Jasnah did it in Thaylenah.  And I believe Willshapers can use cohesion from a distance. We'll see soon!

On 25/06/2020 at 3:18 AM, R J said:

My vote goes to those three Orders as well: Skybreakers, Dustbringers, Elsecallers. Their Surges do seem terrifying. Dustbringers probably have the edge in destructive potential, that's what they're known for, but we haven't really seen them go ham crazy yet. Soulcasting & Division are just really good offensively.

I think Lightweavers could become just as destructive by using Illumination to attack instead of casting illusions.

Windrunners' Adhesion can do a lot more than stick people together, it could be used to manipulate atmospheric pressure.

At the end of OB didn't it suggest Shallans illusions had resistance when hit? If that's the case, then what you said about attack would be insane. Maybe it's the soulcasting hybrid that could help.

Lightweaving could help a great deal with the regular grunts of the enemy, rather than full voidbringers(but not really voidbringers ;))

3 hours ago, Holy Kayak said:

At the end of OB didn't it suggest Shallans illusions had resistance when hit? If that's the case, then what you said about attack would be insane. Maybe it's the soulcasting hybrid that could help.

Lightweaving could help a great deal with the regular grunts of the enemy, rather than full voidbringers(but not really voidbringers ;))

Illumination is the Surge of Waveforms :)

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

[Discussion of Lightweavers manipulating other forms of electromagnetic radiation]

But the ultimate form (That Brandon said would be too much to be practical both in needed stormlight and application) would be the control of Gamma Radiation. If this could be harnessed, Lightweavers could literally become mini nukes, or death guns. The biggest downside to making Gamma radiation would be the damage the lightweaver would most likely suffer. So gamma radiation is impractical but its a fun thought experiment. 

The best part of this whole speculation was how excited Brandon was about my train of thought. I don't know if anyone had brought up this train of thought before. But he was happy to remind me that things will get pretty interesting when Lightweavers discover lasers and start using them in combat.

Miscellaneous 2016 (July 3, 2016)

Edited by R J

@R J

Thisgive us also much more possibilitis.

Lightweaving is not only electromagnetic waves manipulation, is also sound waves manipulation.

They can manipulate infrared and burn people from distance.

They can manipulate microwaves and boil people from inside.

They can also manipulate ultraviolet and X-rays (but this will be more usefull fo Truthwatchers)

They can also manipulate soundwaves - make enemy temporarily deaf or even shatter things with high-frequency sounds.

Plus lasers or gamma-radiation.