Awakening on Roshar

Cheat Commando

People on Roshar view things differently. I imagine that this causes intangible phenomena (like fire, wind, and rain) to have enough Cognitive self-awareness that Breath could stick to them with a Command.

Obviously this would take a lot of Breaths, but might be possible.

The ramifications terrify me, but in a awesomely cool sort of terror! :)

Could this be possible? What could be done to make it more feasible?

Kinda relevant WOB:

Questioner

My friends would like to know if you can Awaken liquids?

Brandon Sanderson

This is almost impossible.

Questioner

Almost impossible?

Brandon Sanderson

Almost impossible, but not fully impossible, but basically impossible. Particularly if you're talking about just a liquid, not in a container, anything like that. Technically, you can kind of Awaken a dead animal, which will have some liquid in it and stuff. But if you just want to Awaken like--

Questioner

A bowl of water?

Brandon Sanderson

A bowl of water, almost impossible.

Prague Signing (Oct. 26, 2019)

It doesn't mention the situation on Roshar being different or not, so make of that what you want. I personally believe that - as with many things in the cosmere - it's probably possible with enough Investiture at hand and the right mindset. I would guess it's one of those "theoretically possible but not realistically plausible" cases.

Basically, Awakening grants the object the ability to create physical force and Move without the need for muscles, motors, but it does not change the nature of the material itself, so it does not grant any additional cohesion or flexibility.  This awakening stone will requires hinged joints, and it would not grant a liquid or gas any supernatural ability to hold itself together.   Jello, on the other hand....

On 24/06/2020 at 9:54 PM, Quantus said:

Basically, Awakening grants the object the ability to create physical force and Move without the need for muscles, motors, but it does not change the nature of the material itself, so it does not grant any additional cohesion or flexibility.  This awakening stone will requires hinged joints, and it would not grant a liquid or gas any supernatural ability to hold itself together.   Jello, on the other hand....

A gigantic marshmellow man.