51 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It was some time before Darson returned from wherever he had taken Pyria, though the young loyalist was no longer with him. The remaining few allomancers and feruchemists were still in the main room, as Darson’s hazekillers were not letting them leave. Tensions were high, as they knew that one of them must be a loyalist.

All eyes turned towards Darson as he entered the room, a hazekiller shutting the door behind him. There were six of them now. Lance Neverwatch, Lahilt, TJ Shade, Lumen, Faleast, and Reginald. One of them was a loyalist. And one of them was a Kandra. Darson had been sure to keep his hazekillers in pairs of two so the Kandra could not infiltrate their ranks.

“Well, I’ve got good news and bad news,” Darson said with a smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes. “Fortunately, the young Pyria was able to be...persuaded into telling me that only one of you is a traitor. Unfortunately, she did not know the identity of her compatriot.”

Darson watched as the six men and women before him avoided his eyes as he looked across them. All except for Lumen, the young woman who no one had been able to quite figure out during their extended stay here.

Several moments seemed to pass, each one stretching on for what felt like minutes, the sweat beginning to bead on the foreheads of the people gathered in the room as they waited for Darson to speak again. Finally, Darson grew tired of their silence.

“Fine,” he said, pointing to one of his hazekillers who moved towards Lahilt and grabbed him. “If you will not reveal yourself, I will simply kill each of you one by one.” The hazekiller brought a knife up to Lahilt’s throat, ready to cut his neck-

“It’s me,” Lumen says, stepping away from the others. “I’m the loyalist.” The others all turned to stare at her.

Darson smiled. “Thank you. Kill her.”

The hazekillers all pulled their guns out to shoot her, but in the blink of an eye she was behind the hazekiller who had been holding Lahilt and shot the man in the back of the chest with his own gun. The metalborn scattered as several bullets from the hazekillers made their way through where Lumen had been just a moment ago.

“Don’t let her escape!” Darson yelled. From his pocket, he pulled out a vial of steel flakes from his coat. Quickly, he popped the cork from the vial, swallowing it down, eyes peering around for Lumen, who’d flashed again and had a dagger up against the throat of another hazekiller. Darson fumbled at a coin, shot it off trying to aim at Lumen’s head, but too slow - a line of red appeared at the hazekillers throat as he collapsed and Lumen was nowhere to be seen.

“She went this way!” called one of the others. Faleast rushed towards one of the corridors, and Darson followed, grabbing a few more boxings from his pocket.

He looked down the corridor, and saw Lumen bolting down it, trying to find some exit. Darson smiled - even with her new abilities, there was no way he missed. Carefully, he judged the angle, feeling the coin in his hand, when he felt something go through his chest - he looked down, and saw long, silvery claws poking through his chest.

He looked over at Faleast… only it wasn’t Faleast, not anymore. Slowly, Faleast’s face began to morph between faces Darson knew - Araris, Xino, Kynedath - though each one was slightly wrong, as if their features were being mixed and melded together. All of them were smiling at him.

“It will be… good, to add another face to my collection,” the Kandra whispered, sliding between its many faces. Darson felt the silvery mass slowly spreading across him, over his chest, up onto his face. He tried to scream, but it entered his mouth, blocking off all sound. It swarmed over his nose, his eyes, until his entire face was covered. He couldn’t breathe, he could only feel the kandra’s slimy mass slowly… absorbing him. Darson’s lungs were fighting for air - desperately, he shot the remaining coins in his hand out through the Kandra, but if the Kandra even noticed the attack, it didn’t give a sign. His body convulsed, but gradually, his thrashing died down, as Darson faded into unconsciousness.

There was a still silence for a few moments after Faleast and Darson followed Lumen down the corridor. There had been a few moments of chaos as the hazekillers’ bullets had grazed against some of the metalborn, but Reginald was fine. At least, he felt fine. He quickly checked his body for wounds, as maybe he had been hit and the adrenaline of the moment had made him not notice it. Thankfully there was no blood anywhere, so he was probably fine.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity as the hazekillers tended to those who had remained in the main room, Darson returned alone from the corridor, his gun in his hand. “Lumen was waiting for us,” he said calmly. “She got Faleast, though I managed to shoot her before she could get away. Is everyone alright?”

Since when has Darson ever cared about our wellbeing? Reginald thought to himself, watching the man carefully. He walked as if he were afraid, when normally even the way he walked would command the attention of the room. His eyes darted across the room, as if he were looking for ways out of the building.

“We’re alright,” TJ said, slowly standing up. Lahilt and Lance had been injured, and TJ and the hazekillers were helping them. “You really got her? So this is all over?”

Darson nodded, stopping a little bit away from TJ and talking to him, though Reginald was much closer to him. He studied the man, something in him telling him something was wrong. “Sorry to interrupt,” Reginald said, “but I’m curious why you appear unharmed, if you say Lumen attacked you and Faleast?” The room froze for a moment as everyone held their breath. Darson looked at Reginald for a moment before lunging at him, his hands turning to claws.

Reginald leapt back, tapping pewter to gain some strength as the Kandra recovered and lunged at him again. The two struggled for just a moment, before a bullet tore through the Kandra. It quickly glanced around and saw the others rushing towards the two of them, then made a dash towards an exit, forgoing Darson’s bones as it squeezed its body through the cracks of a window. 

“Quickly!” Reginald said, heading back towards the corridor where the Kandra had come from. “Lumen is probably still alive! The Kandra must’ve taken its chance to try and escape during all this chaos.” The others followed him as he raced down the corridor, his eyes straining to find Lumen in the darkness. She must’ve shot out all the lights in the corridor as she’d gone through.

The corridor led to a dead end. “There’s no windows,” Reginald said, “she has to be in one of these rooms. Carefully start opening each door.” They spent several minutes going through and opening every door in the corridor to no luck. Finally, they narrowed it down to one more room. They gathered around the door as Reginald carefully set his hand on the doorknob. He opened the door, bursting into the room.

Lumen fired off a quick shot at him, but thankfully it hit the metal armor he had under his clothing. He stumbled backwards, hitting a hazekiller behind him as they entered the room. A coin flew from TJ’s hand towards Lumen, then suddenly veered over to the left once it got close to her. Reginald blinked and Lumen’s knife was in his side.

He tapped pewter once again, grabbing onto Lumen before she could get away. She made to pull away, but Reginald would not let her go. The others froze in place as the two grappled, before Lumen kicked his knee and he fell to the ground, pulling her down with him. They rolled even farther away from the others, and for a moment they moved towards them before they once again froze in place. 

Reginald was pinned by Lumen, though she was struggling to maintain her control over him as she attempted to pull a knife out of her belt. Reginald managed to get a hand around her wrist and snapped it, the knife falling to the ground. He flipped her over, grabbing the knife as he did so, and quickly stabbed it into her chest.

Lumen gasped up blood as she looked up at Reginald, the life fading from her eyes. “Long live,” she coughed up some more blood as her dying voice rasped out the words, “the old Elendel.” Reginald pushed the knife further into her chest and the last of her life faded from her eyes. The others began to move again, rushing towards him as he sat up. It was over. Finally, after a week of nothing but death and accusations and treachery, it was all over.

The Game is Over! Congratulations to the PRE Operatives for winning the game!

I'd also personally like to congratulate 2 players - @The Young Pyromancer, for convincing literally everyone in the game that you were a villager and compromising all their trust groups - that's really tricky to pull off, and if a few things had gone differently in the last 2 cycles, it could have won you the game. And secondly to @Ashbringer, who had an uphill battle after becoming Kandra much less than halfway through the game, and still managed to do really well, being one of the last 5 players to stay alive.

Striker and I will probably post our respective GM Thoughts over the next few days.

Docs and Links:

Elim Doc
Kandra Doc
Spec/Dead Doc
GM Spreadsheet (2 quick notes: 1 - Don't open this on your mobile, you might crash your phone. 2 - There are quite a few errors in here Striker and I couldn't be bothered fixing. To see peoples boxings each cycle, go to the boxings tab, not the main sheet, which is wrong.)

Player List:

1. Karnage - Lance Neverwatch PRE Operative Windwhisper Ferring
  2. Elandera PRE Operative Soother/Trueself Twinborn
  3. Elkanah PRE Operative Leecher Misting
  4. The Young Pyromancer - Pyria Young Loyalist Tineye/Sentry Twinborn
  5. Shard of Reading - Reading PRE Operative Leecher/Pinnacle Twinborn
  6. Experience - Shard PRE Operative Lurcher/Bloodmaker Twinborn
  7. Lahilt - Lahlit PRE Operative Oracle/Skimmer Twinborn
  8. Ventyl - Lafay Etteax Loyalist Leecher Misting
  9. Coda PRE Operative Seeker Misting and Hemalurgist
  10. Matrim's Dice - Lord Cauthon PRE Operative Nicroburst/Sparker Twinborn
  11. TJ Shade - TJ Shade PRE Operative Coinshot/Archivist Twinborn
  12. Emi - Lorinne PRE Operative Tineye/Steelrunner Twinborn
  13. xinoehp512 - Neru Loyalist Rioter/Gasper Twinborn
  14. Kidpen - Villin Loyalist Spinner Ferring
  15. Mist - Lumen Loyalist Thug Misting and Slider Misting
  16. DrakeMarshall - Lorena Blackburn PRE Operative Gasper Ferring and Thief
  17. Araris Valerian - Araris Valerian Kandra
  18. Devotary of Spontaniety - Adomert PRE Operative Slider/Sentry Twinborn
  19. Kynedath Loyalist Lurcher/Subsumer Twinborn
  20. Walin - Lerin PRE Operative Smoker/Firesoul Twiborn
  21. Ashbringer - Faleast PRE Operative Pulser Misting Kandra and Nicroburst Misting
  22. The_God_King PRE Operative Smoker/Connector Twinborn
  23. Magestar - Reginald Kettis PRE Operative Augur/Brute Twinborn
Edited by Young Bard
Fixing colours

I'm going to do a full GM Thoughts™ post sometime in the next few days, but for now I just want to say congrats to the village for pulling off that win! And thank you so much everyone for playing! This was so much fun to run, even if it was so absolutely chaotic and messy. :P

Also, please go show your love for Bard by upvoting the writeup. Without his help as my co-GM, this game would've failed miserably. :P

Suprise! I'm the Kandra. Good to know that AraRaash survived all the chaos. Although I do have a bit of explaining to do for Mist... I'll get to that once I see how many "Wait, ASH is the KANDRA?!" 's there are in the spec doc...

:P

Kidding, mostly. This was awesome.

So I guess I'm technically still alive :P. This game was very fun, for the short bit I was alive. It was very fun to watch @Ashbringer after that, who has my highest regards for his excellent performance following me demise. I shared a lot of my thoughts on the game in the dead doc, but overall I think the game was fine as run, and @StrikerEZ and @Young Bard did an excellent job GMing. I'll be happy to play this ruleset again if I have the opportunity!

I'm a Slider now. :ph34r:

"Gah! We were in touch with the Kandra too! I just wasn’t online to clarify things, so the other elim thought I was being protected! (Ash thought you were.) ... What would have protected you? Mage was claiming to have one more charge than he actually has. He’d be able to protect Pyro N7 if Mist hadn’t attacked him." -Spec doc. 

@The Young Pyromancer, where did you say you weren't being protected? I found this in our doc, but not anything explicit, I think. "Trying to get an answer on whether a bursted Mage can store and tap to protect me at the same time." Elsewhere, "Heh, ash might be nicrobursting mage so he can protect me." I didn't want to out you to anyone. 

Sorry if I missed where you said that. More thoughts to follow. 

15 minutes ago, Mist said:

I'm a Slider now. :ph34r:

"Gah! We were in touch with the Kandra too! I just wasn’t online to clarify things, so the other elim thought I was being protected! (Ash thought you were.) ... What would have protected you? Mage was claiming to have one more charge than he actually has. He’d be able to protect Pyro N7 if Mist hadn’t attacked him." -Spec doc. 

@The Young Pyromancer, where did you say you weren't being protected? I found this in our doc, but not anything explicit, I think. "Trying to get an answer on whether a bursted Mage can store and tap to protect me at the same time." Elsewhere, "Heh, ash might be nicrobursting mage so he can protect me." I didn't want to out you to anyone. 

Sorry if I missed where you said that. More thoughts to follow. 

I should have been more clear. Basically, for those who don't understand, the main group was me, TJ, Ash, and Mage, with a different one without ash because we had some suspicion of them still. We were thinking about Mage storing and Auguring while Ash bursted them, so he could protect me that night. Of course, ash HAD to point out that this would have RBed mage due to the storing drawback, which I think was a mistake from them, as otherwise the game would have been a lot closer, as mist would have gotten away scot-free. Regardless, he was unable to protect me, as he didn't have enough actions if he stored/augured to also protect me without that nicroburst.

To Mist, I told you indirectly here:

Mage’s expecting TJ to be attacked. Ash might Nicroburst me instead. Okay, Mage’s just Auguring.

Which, because mage needed to store, meant I would not be protected. 

I told you again, more directly, in my list of actions.

Action list: 

Ash bursts me

TJ archives twice

Mage Augurs, is blocked.

Night:

I have 2(3?) actions. So you "watch" me, watch someone else, and do 2 kills tonight? 

Mage depends, probably Augur again Would he protect TJ?

TJ coinshots villager.

Ash pulses someone.

You have 2(1, since I think the trap uses an action)  actions.

So yeah, should've been more blatant, but it was there.

As for how I infiltrated the groups? Well, I was actually the person who FORMED the groups in the first place :P. As for how I stayed trusted, well, that's for later.

@The Young Pyromancer My trust of you (at least by C3) came from how erratic you were acting and that I thought an elim would try and put themselves in the spotlight a bit less. Guess I've learned my lesson about you.

It's funny, when I'm village people distrust me for being erratic, but when I'm elim people trust me for it LOL. I guess in one case the elims see an easy target, and in the other the elim's support leaves me alive long enough to generate village reads. I do think that being erratic has definite benefits as both an elim and a villager, as one lets me get away with very elim-y actions later that aren't scrutinized because 'it's pyro being random lol', and in the other, I generate reads, which can be valuable later on. But yeah, I rarely do things 'at random'. I change my mind frequently, which can be a boon and a drawback, and I do chaotic things, but I always have a rationale. Erratic's definitely a good word for it.

The play I'm most proud of this game was the hatz thing, which is one of the big things that got people to trust me after Kidpen flipped. See, as a spinner, they seemed like the least valuable role, and as an inactive as well, they were good to vote on. If they lynched, insta-cred, and if not, free distancing.

I had figured Mist’s Village Core Elim had to be Pyro, because it couldn’t be TJ the Coinshot and Mage made no sense. I was trying to get you to confirm that by pushing his kill.

I honestly didn’t mean to kill you Pyro. That’s what I was trying to tell Mist in my overly-cryptic message about my action failing. I submitted a kill on Pyro, then went to change it to Mage at the last minute (literally), only for someone IRL to ask me something and make me put my phone down... then as soon as I get the chance to type the little popup of Striker closing the turn came...

Then I thought that would be a really wierd night with 4 attacks and survives (Pyro surviving my hit, me surviving Mage’s retribution, Mage surviving TJ’s hit, and Mist surviving the Elim hit.) But no, you died and then it was over for Mist.

The result, however, is that me and Araris killed more Elims than the village put together :P

Araris hit Xino (Kandra 1, PRE 0). Village!Me started the Ventyl lynch and Kandra!Me made sure to finish it (Kandra 2, PRE 0). Both me AND TJ hit Kynedath (Kandra 2.5, PRE 0.5). TJ hit Kidpen (Kandra 2.5, PRE 1.5). I hit Pyro (Kandra 3.5, PRE 1.5). Finally Mist, for a total of:

Kandra 3.5, PRE 2.5

Posted (edited)

@StrikerEZ, that was an intense game! Thanks for running this extremely chaotic game (and for being very patient with me. I'm not sure if 5 page GM PMs are normal or not :P )

So there's this theory I had during the game that kandra had an alignment scanner, and though I know that's not true, it could be a good way to make the kandra wincon easier. Alignment scan in odd Night turns and kandra kill in even Night turns. 

@Ashbringer, don't think I did not notice the taunts you've been throwing at the Coinshot throughout the game. :P I had an inkling suspicion about you since there was no proof of your Pulser anywhere, but I wanted to win the game over the kandra so I never bothered to kill you. Very well played. :) 

@The Young Pyromancer, the main reason I decided to trust you is because you hadn't tried to kill me, which was odd. But apparently sensible since I saw you were attempting to steal my role in elim doc. But then you guys ended up going for the lerasium bead anyway. So not sure why you kept me alive. I do think role-claiming to you was right though, since I feel you would have scanned me anyway, and then decide to kill me because I did not have the knowledge of your role. 

@Magestar, that was a scrappy, scrappy victory for the village so I won't enjoy it much. What was with you and all the vote-hopping in the end lol ? You almost cost us the game :P  It was great to co-ordinate and play alongside you. Guess we did cause some confusion with you protecting Pyro or not lol :P.

I feel the game had 2-3 critical junctures where we were lucky or the kandra helped us inadvertently. 

• Ash Nicrobursting me. This gave me the second Archivist fact leading to the Mist revelation. 
  • Ash killing Pyro. Now this was really down to bad luck because apparently Ash wanted to change his order but couldn't get it in before rollover. 

If I were to point out my weaknesses, I'm too empathetic to be an SE player. :P I felt bad for killing Araris even though he was kandra since I felt he wanted to enjoy being the kandra for a little longer but I looked at the kandra doc and saw I was target no. 2  xD
Pyro, I never had any intentions of giving you the vest, I just didn't know how to say "No" without being blunt, so I kept making excuses. 
Felt doubly bad about killing Matrim since he was just killed in the MR, and had just accumulated 3 charges for alignment scan, and now I realise he had scanned the kandra. Bah.

If y'all would point out more of my weaknesses, I'd be grateful. :) 

Anyway, I don't think I'll relish this victory since it was mostly fluke, but nonetheless I'm glad we won. Good game, everyone

Edited by TJ Shade

@Ashbringer, you have no idea how lucky you were :P

I alignment scanned you at the same time @TJ Shade killed me, way back C3. If he hadn’t , I would’ve totally outed you :P and the game would’ve gone a whole lot differently. (BTW, TJ, all is forgiven)

I had a good time in the dead doc guessing the elim team, so that ended up being okay. Guess I technically won, also, so cheers! Thanks to Striker for running the game (and Bard)

Oh, myself and @DrakeMarshall ended up correctly guessing what turn the game would end, so y’all owe us a lot of stuff :P

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

@Magestar, that was a scrappy, scrappy victory for the village so I won't enjoy it much. What was with you and all the vote-hopping in the end lol ? You almost cost us the game :P  It was great to co-ordinate and play alongside you. Guess we did cause some confusion with you protecting Pyro or not lol :P.

I wanted the Lerasium.  :P  I had just gotten enough boxings for it and I figured we could kill Mist in the night cycle and then I could have the Lerasium.  I wasn't too concerned about winning at this point anyway.  :P  But then I figured that probably wouldn't be fair to the other villagers if we ended up losing somehow.  Oh well.

I don't know how scrappy it was.  :P  Lucky, yes, weird, yes.  But I think after a certain point we were pretty much guaranteed a win.  When you and I both got vests and figured out Mist was an Elim it became almost impossible for the Elims to win IMO.  I at least feel I would eventually have turned on Pyro if Ash hadn't killed him.  :P 

4 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

Pyro, I never had any intentions of giving you the vest, I just didn't know how to say "No" without being blunt, so I kept making excuses. 

Yeah I also was never going to protect Pyro.  :P  I was kinda hoping to get to the point where there was only one player left who didn't have any form of protection so I could use my three-charge on them, and kill the final Elim.

7 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

I had figured Mist’s Village Core Elim had to be Pyro, because it couldn’t be TJ the Coinshot and Mage made no sense. I was trying to get you to confirm that by pushing his kill.

I honestly didn’t mean to kill you Pyro. That’s what I was trying to tell Mist in my overly-cryptic message about my action failing. I submitted a kill on Pyro, then went to change it to Mage at the last minute (literally), only for someone IRL to ask me something and make me put my phone down... then as soon as I get the chance to type the little popup of Striker closing the turn came...

Then I thought that would be a really wierd night with 4 attacks and survives (Pyro surviving my hit, me surviving Mage’s retribution, Mage surviving TJ’s hit, and Mist surviving the Elim hit.) But no, you died and then it was over for Mist.

The result, however, is that me and Araris killed more Elims than the village put together :P

Araris hit Xino (Kandra 1, PRE 0). Village!Me started the Ventyl lynch and Kandra!Me made sure to finish it (Kandra 2, PRE 0). Both me AND TJ hit Kynedath (Kandra 2.5, PRE 0.5). TJ hit Kidpen (Kandra 2.5, PRE 1.5). I hit Pyro (Kandra 3.5, PRE 1.5). Finally Mist, for a total of:

Kandra 3.5, PRE 2.5

Well this is hilarious.  :P  Kinda disapointed about that TBH.  I'm rather pleased that my gut reads about Xino, Kynedath, and Kidpen were all right.  My analysis kinda sucked this game, but that was pretty decent. 

Good job as Kandra.  :P  That must have been tough.  I had fun reading through your Doc, where you basically said some variant of "It's over." almost every turn.

It was also fun reading the Spec doc lol.  It was amusing, if not entirely gratifying, seeing it parallel - or possibly preempt - my own posts about my experience and the Joe game.  :P  

And dang Mist was active in the Elim doc.  That was surprising to me, given how quiet they were in thread.  

edit: for some reason the bottom half of my post got eaten?  Ok...

Great game everyone!  Striker, Bard, great job on this game.  All the write-ups were excellent, especially this last one.  The game felt really well balanced as well, although I admit that I don't know a lot about that.  I think my favorite part about the game was the activity incentive inherent in the boxings system.  I'm a huge fan of activity incentives, for the most part, and items are great.  I think it definitely made the game better.  I enjoyed the game from most other perspectives as well; RP was great, gameplay was great, and the mechanics were fun.  I hope I didn't bother you guys too much with my clarification questions.  :P  

Edited by Magestar

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

@Ashbringer, you have no idea how lucky you were :P

I alignment scanned you at the same time @TJ Shade killed me, way back C3. If he hadn’t , I would’ve totally outed you :P and the game would’ve gone a whole lot differently. (BTW, TJ, all is forgiven)

Oooh wow. Faleast must be a Spinner or something.

The funny thing is, at that point even a rolescan would have done the trick - I had no “role” because my Pulsing was gone, which would have made it preeeeety obvious what had happened :P

TJ, I bursted you because I needed to do some tracable action... although keeping my mouth shut about Brute storing and bursting Mage would have been a better play, but riskier. And you were usually going after inactives, especially since I thought you hit Elkanah instead of Matrim.

The game was really balanced, I felt. Boxings were really fun. Maybe alter the charge requirements for some roles like Bloodmaker, buff Spinner/nerf Slider, and give the kandra something special... maybe give it a scan, or have it innately know alignments and has to play them off each other?

In the meantime, Faleast and AraRaash are still alive and kicking, although they’ll have to get Faleast’s bones back. Perhaps they’ll go visit Roshar...

B)

Gah! RL really screwed us over this game...

Mage, your lie there totally saved the village. Yay Paranoia!

TJ, your mistake was not in trusting me, it was in not reevaluating my alignment periodically, which I actually did warn you about :P

Ash, why'd you point out the RB bit to mage?

Lahilt tipped his hat as he walked away from the small crowd of gathered survivors. He was genuinely sad that he had to leave. He had grown quite attached to the kitten... But no one can not get emotionally Involved in ones studies. He had other places to be and other objects to research. Gis la revido!!

Striker and young bard: thanks for GMing an awesome game! 

2 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Ash, why'd you point out the RB bit to mage?

Because I didn’t see it as an opprotunity to save an Elim, I saw it as something that could get me killed. If I RB’d his Augur action, suddenly I look suspicious for going along with it and filing the action.

Plus, at that point I DID want to kill you, which meant I didn’t want Mage interfering. I believed you were the last tineye but I thought you were Village. My plan had been to reveal myself into the thread and get an Elim to PM me so we could coordinate and maybe set up codes, then kill you and shut down PMs so the village would have to coordinate visibly.

That plan went way off the rails. Once TJ found Mist’s trail I PM’d her and revealed myself privately, but I had badly guessed the Elims position: I thought that Mist had a way to not lose her Thug skill from TJ, with a Vest or something, but I had also thought the 6th Elim was Lahilt or Karnage. Turns out all my blackmail information was worthless anyway, and so Mist didn’t tell me what I wanted to know, and, well, you know the rest.

Out of curiosity, what would have my medallion been?

12 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Out of curiosity, what would have my medallion been?

I don’t think we ever decided that since you were dying anyway.

Aww, wanted to figure it out so I could bet it later.

For that matter, what were the other abilities of the spikes and medallions? My Nicroburst spike was the only successful purchase, and the Soulbearer role was conspicuously missing...

8 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

For that matter, what were the other abilities of the spikes and medallions? My Nicroburst spike was the only successful purchase, and the Soulbearer role was conspicuously missing...

Well, we never decided what all the medallions were since Pyro died and couldn’t buy one. And with the spikes, we decided what spikes were available about when you said you were going to buy one. :P

I think the remaining spikes were Steelrunner, Soulbearer, Pulser, Nicroburst, and the Connector spike that Mage made and then sold.

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

Pulser

Faleast: wait a minute...

Well, it would have been slightly hilarious to get a Steelrunner or Soulbearer spike that would be really powerful but impossible for me to use :P

Posted (edited)

Hmmm.... This game was very fun, even if I got killed the second round. I'm going to need to figure out why that was, but it was great playing with everyone!

Edit: It was because of PM's I had with matrin and ventyl. I need to stop trusting people just because they send me PM's.

Edited by Shard of Reading

It was because we were trying to kill mat, and you knew they had claimed sparker to Ventyl, so we had to kill you first.

15 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

Edit: It was because of PM's I had with matrin and ventyl. I need to stop trusting people just because they send me PM's.

PM Safety! Never roleclaim! (actually, it's fine to roleclaim, but generally you should do it as part of a strategy/playstyle, rather than just because someone PMed you).