Hi! Irene from Norway here

Aphasia85

I'm 34, have until now read all things Mistborn, Elantris, Warbreaker, and everything published from the Stormlight Archives. 

In addition to reading Branderson, I am now reading The Kingkiller Chronicles for the first time, after having listened to both Writing Lectures and signing Q & A's with Brandon where he mentions Patrick Rothfuss. I also enjoy the Harry Potter book series, and Discworld. 

I'm a teacher, Whovian, Marvel-ling (that should be a term!), cat mom/slave, wanna-be writer, definite saxophonist, sometimes piano.olayer, and an avid fangirl of so many things,  especially Europe (the band, not the continent, although I wouldn't want to live anywhere else)

Edited by Aphasia85

Hi, Irene! Welcome to the Shard!

What genre of music do you play? I'm a pianist, and I do classical and some jazz.

Also, I believe the term is Marvellite. It's possible I just pulled that out of my hat, but I could swear it was a thing.

What do you teach, and are you writing anything right now?

hi!

I have always been so sure that Scadrial has or might have been visited by a Shard. If so, i would say it’s a “hidden shard” or knows how to stay hidden. Adonalsioum might have taken up a shard for all we know. I get the idea of a third Shard on Scadrial. if a shard visited, did it Invest in Feruchemy? 

17 hours ago, PiedPeterPiper said:

Hi, Irene! Welcome to the Shard!

What genre of music do you play? I'm a pianist, and I do classical and some jazz.

Also, I believe the term is Marvellite. It's possible I just pulled that out of my hat, but I could swear it was a thing.

What do you teach, and are you writing anything right now?

I teach music, mainly, but could also teach English, and German if it were secondary school (alas, I work.in primary school, no.third language until 8th grade!) Not writing anything yet, I am just enjoying my first days off after an exhausting term of homeschooling, partially homeschooling, then fulltime "normal" school with tons of new rules.

I am a classically trained saxophonist. On the keyboard I play a lot of Europe and SAGA (Canadian synth-prog).

17 hours ago, R J said:

Welcome to the Shard! 

Reading the-, huh, I hope you enjoy waiting then.

I thought NotW was a stand-alone until I bought it, and realised there were two. Then halfway into book one I learn about the need for patience...

16 hours ago, Mist said:

Welcome! How many cats do you have? 

Just one. I adopted her from one of my best friends. Her name is Buste, which literally translates to "Fluffy", which is one of my nicknames as well (I have impressive hair)

Edited by Aphasia85